PDA

View Full Version : MHS CASH!! Race for Pro and Intermediate class

ruf993
2015.11.03, 12:31 PM
Maj's Hobby Shop will be hosting the first CASH race at there club MiniZ track December 5th 2015.

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy104/Majsrc/th_2015%20MHS%20First%20Cash%20MiniZ%20Race_zps1hp 8uvz5.mp4 (http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy104/Majsrc/2015%20MHS%20First%20Cash%20MiniZ%20Race_zps1hp8uv z5.mp4)

Rules, Classes, and regulations will soon follow.

Please post on this thread for interest or questions..

Driver sign up below: (Pro class) or (Intermediate class)

Maj= Pro
Alex B.= Inter
Sean L. = Inter
Abasualdo = Inter
Devin = Pro
Edel = Pro

Slubben
2015.11.03, 03:22 PM
Maj's Hobby Shop will be hosting the first CASH race at there club MiniZ track December 5th 2015.

Rules, Classes, and regulations will soon follow.

Please post on this thread for interest or questions..

Driver sign up below: (Pro class) or (Intermediate class)

Maj= Pro
Alex B.= Inter

Sean L. = Inter

abasualdo
2015.11.03, 04:04 PM
Sounds like fun, count me in!

ruf993
2015.11.03, 04:19 PM
Sounds like fun, count me in!

Pro? or Inter?

abasualdo
2015.11.03, 04:25 PM
noob? :)
Assumed you would be having a pre-qualifier of some type.

DMALMAD
2015.11.03, 07:16 PM
Devin = Pro

ActionRC
2015.11.04, 05:24 PM
I put the race info on the dusty old Action RC forum, I sent an email to everyone on the Action email list, and I posted it on my social media page. Most Action guys are friends of mine there. Hope this helps spread the word. I hope to be the first team driver for GreenEyes Racing! :D

Hope we can get some momentum here. I'd love to have the option of running Saturdays at Maj's when I cannot race Sundays at RC Car World. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon. It's been too long. :( - Al

ruf993
2015.11.04, 08:23 PM
I put the race info on the dusty old Action RC forum, I sent an email to everyone on the Action email list, and I posted it on my social media page. Most Action guys are friends of mine there. Hope this helps spread the word. I hope to be the first team driver for GreenEyes Racing! :D

Hope we can get some momentum here. I'd love to have the option of running Saturdays at Maj's when I cannot race Sundays at RC Car World. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon. It's been too long. :( - Al

Sounds good Al... Thanks.

egonzalez
2015.11.04, 09:23 PM
Maj= Pro
Alex B.= Inter
Sean L. = Inter
Abasualdo = Inter
Devin = Pro
Edel = Pro

Cherub1m
2015.11.21, 12:43 PM
Maj= Pro
Alex B.= Inter
Sean L. = Inter
Abasualdo = Inter
Devin = Pro
Edel = Pro

Correction

Maj= Pro
Alex B.= Pro
Sean L. = Pro
Abasualdo = Pro
Devin = Pro
Edel = Pro
Everyone else = Pro

Philip = Inter :D

Mario's_racing
2015.11.27, 09:37 PM
Mario = Inter
Robert = Inter

ruf993
2015.11.28, 11:16 PM
Maj= Pro
Alex B.= Inter
Sean L. = Inter
Abasualdo = Inter
Devin = Pro
Edel = Pro

Correction

Maj= Pro
Alex B.= Pro
Sean L. = Pro
Abasualdo = Pro
Devin = Pro
Edel = Pro
Everyone else = Pro

Philip = Inter :D

Lol......:p:D

ruf993
2015.11.28, 11:38 PM
Ok MiniZ race fans....

Here are the classes and rules:

1st class 2wd open= rubber tires only (none silicon) open chassis, open battery, GT type body hard plastic or lexan.

2nd class 2wd open 50t AAA battery= rubber tires only (none silicon) NiMh AAA battery's only, hard GT bodies only.

No traction compound allowed on the track and in the pits... So no SXT,paragon,lighter fluid, & wd40. Only thing you can use for cleaning on the tires is electric motor spray.

Entry fee is $40 first class $25 2nd. Cash prizes is based on the entry's.

Example: if you only run one class half goes to the shop the other goes to the cash prize. If you run 2 classes $25 goes to the shop $40 to the cash prize.

Track opens 11am Saturday 12/5/15 first qualifying 3pm. We will run 3 qualify and 1 main. Reshuffle 2nd and 3rd qualify.

sammy saks
2015.11.29, 12:40 AM
Sounds great...count me in...mod open

Slubben
2015.11.29, 12:01 PM
Open & AAA sounds good for me!!

Cherub1m
2015.11.29, 12:21 PM
Sounds good count me in :)

tommy_greeneyes
2015.11.29, 01:28 PM
Open & AAA sounds even good to me...... i am all set,:D:D:D:D:D:p:o

rajiex
2015.11.30, 12:54 PM
Count me in --- Noob.

Any consolation prize for last??

ruf993
2015.11.30, 01:36 PM
Count me in --- Noob.

Any consolation prize for last??

The more the entry the better the cash prize for all...;):cool:

ruf993
2015.12.01, 12:22 PM
Just a reminder this Saturday will be our first Cash Race.....

Please ALL entry fees must be paid in CASH!!!!

thanks
regards
Maj

DMALMAD
2015.12.01, 01:18 PM
Is the pro the open lipo and the intermediate the 50t nimh or is there a pro and intermediate class for both forms of racing?

abasualdo
2015.12.01, 01:26 PM
Is the AAA class open motor?
Can I run a brushless or 32/33 turn motor?

Slubben
2015.12.01, 02:43 PM
Rules say AAA is 50t spec

abasualdo
2015.12.01, 03:04 PM
? - 50turn Open, which means?
Also heard that some people are going to be running 32/33 turn motors. That is why I posted the question.

Open motor means no policing and cheating, better I think.

Think we need a clarification.

DMALMAD
2015.12.01, 04:46 PM
Also heard that some people are going to be running 32/33 turn motors. That is why I posted the question.

I think 50t open means it is your own 50t that you can cut the comm, put silver brushes, adjust timing, etc and it will not be a handout motor. At least that is wat 70t and 50t open have meant in the past.

sammy saks
2015.12.01, 05:09 PM

Open motor will put u in the 2wd open class..right?
Since u can run aaa batteries in that class with 32 or 33 turn and u are more than match for the lipo speeds on rcp at least.
But from the past 50 turn open was explained in the above post....it's 50 turn armature on a 50 turn can....so no cheating here...no one is going to put 32 turn armature in a 50 turn can...too nooby
50 turn open aaa was one of the best class we ran in the past...speed was very moderate...a lot of fun really. ..but maj will answer that the best

tommy_greeneyes
2015.12.01, 08:49 PM
Since u can run aaa batteries in that class with 32 or 33 turn and u are more than match for the lipo speeds on rcp at least.
But from the past 50 turn open was explained in the above post....it's 50 turn armature on a 50 turn can....so no cheating here...no one is going to put 32 turn armature in a 50 turn can...too nooby
50 turn open aaa was one of the best class we ran in the past...speed was very moderate...a lot of fun really. ..but maj will answer that the best

I 2nd that. im just buying a new 50 turn in my AAA car and going to have some fun.NO CHEATERS PLEASE.;)

Mario's_racing
2015.12.01, 09:13 PM
Me and my brother (Mario and Robert) have to back out. The day is no longer open for us to go. Maybe next time.

ruf993
2015.12.02, 04:31 PM

Ok.... after looking into the interest in the AAA class we will stick to the open 50t AAA rules. Winners of each qualifying and mains will be spot ck for motors after the race.

tommy_greeneyes
2015.12.02, 10:01 PM
Ok.... after looking into the interest in the AAA class we will stick to the open 50t AAA rules. Winners of each qualifying and mains will be spot ck for motors after the race.

i like that,:D:D:D:D

fraga
2015.12.04, 10:05 AM
Hi all - hope everyone is doing well!

I just check my mini-z boxes and the motor I had back then for that class was an "Atomic Ball Bearing Standard Motor" (AR-076-BB). I don't recall if this was 50T or 49T (I think it was one of those). I believe this is the one we used to run in Action RC as the spec motor.

Would I be able to run this motor tomorrow in the Open 50T class?

Slubben
2015.12.04, 10:19 AM

I just check my mini-z boxes and the motor I had back then for that class was an "Atomic Ball Bearing Standard Motor" (AR-076-BB). I don't recall if this was 50T or 49T (I think it was one of those). I believe this is the one we used to run in Action RC as the spec motor.

Fraga I would suggest purchasing a PN 50T to avoid any confusion.

Mike Keely
2015.12.04, 12:41 PM
It looks like I am coming with two other drivers from MD. I will be running both classes. Not sure if you guys would call me a Pro driver though.:D Should we bring a table and chairs? I have not been to the new location.

tommy_greeneyes
2015.12.04, 06:25 PM

i would just get a new 50 turn at the shop.some people may have some at the track if you like to use one,:D

It looks like I am coming with two other drivers from MD. I will be running both classes. Not sure if you guys would call me a Pro driver though.:D Should we bring a table and chairs? I have not been to the new location.

that cool Mike.it would be nice to see you again,your a great and good driver in my eyes.:D

looks like alot of people coming .this is cool. now who said Mini z racing is dead.

ruf993
2015.12.05, 01:01 AM

It will be good to see ya guys again... We should be fine with tables. Maybe a power cord and extentions. But feel free to bring a table just incase 😎

DMALMAD
2015.12.06, 12:08 AM
Awesome racing today guys!!! It was great to see so many new faces at the track and the racing was all the better for it. Huge thanks to Maj for putting together a great race and a huge shout out to MHS hobby shop on the whole for keeping Mini-Z alive. Today everyone was a winner because we had a great place to race and had a lot of fun!:D

lfisminiz
2015.12.06, 01:30 AM
Glad to hear from you and Al about race. Maybe this is a new kick start for mini-z thats been needed....congrats Maj! :)

Slubben
2015.12.06, 08:49 AM
Awesome racing today guys!!! It was great to see so many new faces at the track and the racing was all the better for it. Huge thanks to Maj for putting together a great race and a huge shout out to MHS hobby shop on the whole for keeping Mini-Z alive. Today everyone was a winner because we had a great place to race and had a lot of fun!:D

I couldn't agree more Devin!! You drove a helluva race!

ruf993
2015.12.06, 09:48 AM

Congrats Dev.... Your car was looking really good in the mains it was anyone's race to win. I would like to thank you for very good sportsmanship in the beginning of the race when we hit. Even though we ended up dead last after that you and I was able to get back to the top and battling it for the win. Good job Dev and your new driving etiquette, that will take you far for more great wins and happy racing.

ruf993
2015.12.06, 09:54 AM

Congrats Dev.... Your car was looking really good in the mains it was anyone's race to win. I would like to thank you for very good sportsmanship in the beginning of the race when we hit. Even though we ended up dead last after that you and I was able to get back to the top and battling it for the win. Good job Dev and your new driving etiquette, that will take you far for more great wins and happy racing.

machgo5go
2015.12.06, 11:07 AM

Deven, congrats to your awesome win & maturity on a gentleman drive from dead last. You couldn't say it better summing up an awesome event Maj & crew put together.
Like to thank all participants who came from near & far in hourly drive in winning & just to have fun.
We all looking for Maj to hold next event since our adrenaline is up & going now!!!:D

Mike Keely
2015.12.06, 11:13 AM
Great to see everyone again. The three of us had a great time at the race. We liked how everyone had a chance at some cash no matter what main they were in. we will see you all again.

We have our normal race days on the second and fourth Saturday of each month. If you can schedule your cash races around them we should be able to make it. Thanks

vfbj1584
2015.12.08, 02:10 PM
sorry for all the delay, some family matters kept me from my pc all weekend but without further ado the videos!

AAA Pro https://youtu.be/OERhb1vz7ns

AAA AM https://youtu.be/jHX2n2a-2QQ

2WD C Main https://youtu.be/GUNjdR3PJGY

2WD B Main https://youtu.be/FlrgR2JHbJA

2WD A Main https://youtu.be/M3xbogw-FqU

DMALMAD
2015.12.08, 07:13 PM
Some great racing, thanks for the videos Val! :D

vfbj1584
2015.12.09, 04:09 PM
Some great racing, thanks for the videos Val! :D

congrats on the win!

no problem, my pleasure

ruf993
2016.01.04, 10:03 PM
Do to a high success at our first MHS cash race we are going to host another race at the end of the month. Details soon to follow.

Date: 1/30/16. Saturday
Who is in ��

DMALMAD
2016.01.04, 10:44 PM
I am in of course :cool:
Last one was great and I am sure this one will be too!

tommy_greeneyes
2016.01.06, 09:16 PM
The way my schedule is I will be back and ready this time.

Slubben
2016.01.07, 08:33 AM
I am in. Can we get a Narrow chassis class added to the races.

lfisminiz
2016.01.08, 09:05 PM
70T would be nice.......of course, may have to weld the motor can together....;):D

DMALMAD
2016.01.09, 11:47 AM
70T would be nice.......of course, may have to weld the motor can together....;):D

Stock class was 50t nimh which is pretty slow already

Cherub1m
2016.01.14, 10:21 PM
Do to a high success at our first MHS cash race we are going to host another race at the end of the month. Details soon to follow.

Date: 1/30/16. Saturday
Who is in ��

I am in. Can we get a Narrow chassis class added to the races.

Cool, looks like it falls within my twice a month schedule.

tommy_greeneyes
2016.01.18, 12:44 PM
I'm pretty excited to race this money race again. Really looking forward to the people that came out before. But hoping for the out staters to come out to Majs.

Hey Maj count me in for
AAA 50 turn class
Open modified
:D

ruf993
2016.01.25, 05:55 PM
Maj's Hobby Shop will be hosting the 2nd CASH race at there club MiniZ track January 30th 2016.

Ok MiniZ race fans....

Here are the classes and rules:

1st class 2wd open= rubber tires only (none silicon) open chassis, open battery, GT type body hard plastic or lexan.

2nd class 2wd open 50t AAA battery= rubber tires only (none silicon) NiMh AAA battery's only, hard GT bodies only.

No traction compound allowed on the track and in the pits... So no SXT,paragon,lighter fluid, & wd40. Only thing you can use for cleaning on the tires is electric motor spray.

Entry fee is $40 first class $25 2nd. Cash prizes is based on the entry's.

Example: if you only run one class half goes to the shop the other goes to the cash prize. If you run 2 classes $25 goes to the shop $40 to the cash prize.

Track opens 11am Saturday 12/5/15 first qualifying 1pm. We will run 3 qualify and 1 main. Reshuffle 2nd and 3rd qualify.

(There is a high possible 90mm class running as well ;) )

See ya guys this Saturday!!!!!!!!

Mike Keely
2016.01.28, 09:58 PM
Sorry to say but it does not look like any of the DC crew will be making it to this race.

ruf993
2016.01.28, 10:08 PM
Sorry to say but it does not look like any of the DC crew will be making it to this race.

:(. Ok maybe next time. :)