PDA

View Full Version : Is ABEC Scale Matter?

ilove599xx
2015.11.06, 07:58 AM
Hi,

I have been told bearings are not much different if you keep them maintained by many people.

But just curious if the ABEC scale means anything RC car performance such as mini-z.

I have been searching online about bearings and found out there are some manufactures provide ABEC-7 bearings with MR-03 wheel scales.

I googled a bit and I found the higher the ABEC the smoother, faster the bearings will be.

And the products in the market which have the highest ABEC are not always made by ceramic balls. They could be good quality stainless steel too.

So if I pick the ABEC-7 bearings to my mini-z. Will I get the most performance logically?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABEC_scale

KWT
2015.11.06, 03:33 PM
Unless you are racing in the top 1%, I wouldn't get them. They aren't worth the extra money unless you just need that little extra performance.

DMALMAD
2015.11.07, 12:31 PM
not even if you are racing in the top 1% will you notice. I have yet to meet a racer who spends more than 15$ on a set of bearings. Clean them and you will never realize they aren't the 50$ bearings you never bought:p

xmodcanuck
2015.11.07, 09:59 PM
Unless you are racing in the top 1%, I wouldn't get them. They aren't worth the extra money unless you just need that little extra performance.

I would 100% agree if you were talking about ceramic bearings. However, I've also seen some ABEC-7 bearings and if I didn't already have plenty of bearins I'd definitely get them.

not even if you are racing in the top 1% will you notice. I have yet to meet a racer who spends more than 15$ on a set of bearings. Clean them and you will never realize they aren't the 50$ bearings you never bought:p

The ones I've found really aren't much more than any others. Likely equal to or less than your $15 range.

ilove599xx
2015.11.10, 09:02 AM
the one I am lookin at is 11 dollar for one piece.

ABEC-7 level

But it's rubber sealed,

if I can't stop myself thinking to just buy few,

which might affect more?(even I can't feel any difference) the front wheel or rear wheel, or the motor mount?

xmodcanuck
2015.11.10, 08:46 PM
the one I am lookin at is 11 dollar for one piece.

😨😨😨 Wow. Not the ones I'm looking at. I'd put those in the same category as ceramics....not worth the price.

ilove599xx
2015.11.17, 09:02 AM
in the end, I got Yeah Racing bearings.

very cheap, and it works well too.

TeeSquared
2015.11.17, 05:53 PM
I've had good luck with the Kyosho bearing sets. All but one of my cars use them and they feel noticeably smoother and more expensive when compared with a $5 eBay set. The difference on the track is negligible though.

I've never tried the Yeah Racing/Atomic/PN bearing sets, but I would guess they are similar to the Kyosho bearings in terms of quality. The Kyosho's might be a little better. Last I heard, the genuine Kyosho bearing sets were all Japanese bearings but this might not be the case anymore.

ilove599xx
2015.11.17, 09:53 PM
Maybe I am just still new. I can't tell the difference. I have Kyosho set, Yeah Racing Set, and a set without brand label from my local club( just a clear zip bag with bearings).

so I am happy now, if I play more years maybe I can tell the difference, than I might wanna get those ABEC 7 bearings which is like 11 dollar per piece.