PDA

View Full Version : Brushless motormounts

Solo1
2015.11.28, 08:34 PM
Just ordered a ve pro and was wondering if someone could fill me in on available motormounts or anyother hop up tips for it

cowboysir
2015.11.28, 09:37 PM
You may find this surprising but my best chassis to date is a VE motor mounted in a plastic LM motor pod.

1. It's light
2. It's low cg
3. You don't waste your money on alloy.

A few minor mods to make a good damper post work at 98mm and an LM ball diff shaft and you've got a great performance ve for cheap.

DMALMAD
2015.11.29, 12:54 AM
With brushless power it is important to have consistent handling. Honestly I would immediatly ditch the stock motor and put in a PN 5000kv or 7500kv and use the PN V4 LCG motor pod. That in tandem with PN dps should work great. The VE is tough to control as it is so making sure the suspension (front and back), the board settings, and the right amount of power are correct and right is critical to getting a decent working VE. With the Brushed they still seem to be faster and much more consistent so sometimes it is easy to get away with being cheap or not paying attention to the little things but the sensorless crap that Kyosho is selling means that you have to pay attention to all the little things.

Keep in mind this is only if you intent to race in a mod class in a competitive environment. If you are just bashing around on your own mini-96 than the stock form with correct tires should be more than enough.

Xovonob
2015.11.29, 01:18 PM
I own two, one fully stock except the tires and one upgraded with the PN 5500kv V2 motor, the PN V4 LCG motor, a PN dps, and the PN double a-arm front-end (most important besides trued tires).

The stock one with properly trued KS compound tires is really quite good. On HFAY config 13, my best this weekend was a 5.2 with the stock config. My best with the upgraded config (which is still HFAY legal, I believe) was 4.9. That gives you some idea of the difference the upgrades will make. However, "best" lap is pretty irrelevant. What's much more important is average lap. With the consistency the front-end and the other upgrades offer, the upgraded vehicle is about .5 seconds / lap faster over the stock vehicle. That is a massive difference over a 50 lap race.

It must be stressed: the most important thing you can do to the car is properly true a set of good tires (I like the KS compound tires). No other upgrade comes even close to this fundamental change.

Keep in mind, those numbers aren't scientific. Those were the results after running a couple of races with one other (slower) vehicle on the track. Good luck!

Solo1
2015.11.29, 04:55 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys! Finally found pn brushless motors didnt know they would fit in the standard motor mount. Running the ks tires on my 2 sport cars what a difference from the pn tires! Cant wait to try the new car wish i had room for all my track inside! Even the 50t is too fast for the room i have ( running a 50 t in a sports car and its running fine!) have an ex6 on the way too will report back when i get them

Solo1
2015.11.30, 10:39 AM
With brushless power it is important to have consistent handling. Honestly I would immediatly ditch the stock motor and put in a PN 5000kv or 7500kv and use the PN V4 LCG motor pod. That in tandem with PN dps should work great. The VE is tough to control as it is so making sure the suspension (front and back), the board settings, and the right amount of power are correct and right is critical to getting a decent working VE. With the Brushed they still seem to be faster and much more consistent so sometimes it is easy to get away with being cheap or not paying attention to the little things but the sensorless crap that Kyosho is selling means that you have to pay attention to all the little things.

Keep in mind this is only if you intent to race in a mod class in a competitive environment. If you are just bashing around on your own mini-96 than the stock form with correct tires should be more than enough.

You mention board settings i only have s cars is there something you use to change the board or do you mean changes made with the radio?

DMALMAD
2015.11.30, 03:36 PM
[QUOTE=Solo1;459177]You mention board settings i only have s cars is there something you use to change the board or do you mean changes made with the radio?[/QUOTE

There is something called an ics adapter which enables you to adjust the settings on the board itself. These settings relate to the esc adjustments along with servo speed and other things. With the VE it is very impoortant to be able to adjust these settings accordingly. You want to be able to adjust drag break and throttle frequency. To do this you can buy the PN ICS bluetooth adapter and download the app on an android device.

Solo1
2015.11.30, 03:46 PM
I have an i phone and a laptop with windows but it doesnt have blue tooth i guess im stuck?

mleemor60
2015.11.30, 04:55 PM
There are no adjustments to the board on the "S" series cars. However, there are many adjustments that can be made with the the new Kyosho 432P radio which is the upgraded radio for the "S" series chassis.

Solo1
2015.11.30, 09:06 PM
Thanks my it4 is the same as the 432 which i have also i also have an ex6 on the way for the ve pro hoped it would have all the adjustments i would need will see when it comes in.

DMALMAD
2015.11.30, 11:42 PM
As far as adjustments go I never needed to adjust the board on my brushed car but on my brushless car i needed to adjust a lot on the board to get the throttle resolution and the drag brake reasonable. You are going to end up having to use finger brake anyways with the Kyosho board but being able to adjust and test stuff is always nice :p

Solo1
2015.12.04, 03:18 PM
Well within3 hours of receiving the new chassie and radio i tied my current track record. Pretty good i think. Dont like that you cant get rid of the japanese on the radio but i like that the new combo seems to steer better than the s cars with the it4 or the 432. Now if there is a way to get a little more on power steering on corner exit out of the stock front end i might have a new track record!

Solo1
2015.12.05, 12:15 PM
Well changed out the front end for pn parts and set new track record by a 1/10 diwn to 4.8 The stock brushless motor is easier for me to run fast than a 50 t and the steering is much more precise than the s cars. Now when i hit something i know its my fault! Lol really enjoying this!