PDA

View Full Version : March 26, 2016 - Kyosho Stock

arch2b
2015.12.26, 05:08 PM
March 26, 2016 - Kyosho Stock - Special Event

This will be held at Hobby Works, Fairfax, VA

This will be run on 3 wide L track layout.

**Special Event has been moved to April to accommodate confirmed absences from March to ensure greater turnout for a special event.

RossScott
2016.03.06, 07:03 AM
We know what the special event is as of yet?

arch2b
2016.03.19, 10:17 AM
special even is bumped to next month as a number of people have let me know they will not be able to attend the 26th. gives us all more time to get the trailers done as well.

i've heard KUSA is shipping the EX-6 to retailers! i hope HW has their allotment by then, looking forward to getting a hold of it.

Mike Keely
2016.03.25, 03:11 PM
So do you want to try a team enduro event tomorrow?

arch2b
2016.03.25, 03:45 PM
special event bumped to next month but open to testing the software out for a team mini enduro :D i read and re-read the instructions but it's not always as clear cut in practice :p

byebye
2016.03.25, 10:34 PM
Joey and Michael may not be there tomorrow. I'll show up but only for a short time.

Kris

arch2b
2016.03.27, 09:48 AM
thank you to all that could make it Saturday! slightly smaller turnout with 10 drivers (amazing to be able to say 10 is a smaller turnout!)

lots of test and tune time, experienced some really good racing as well. can't wait to get the video's up!

Pheonix was back and laid the smack down on all, with the stock loaner FHS Mazda LM i might add :p this kid has some serious skill and can't wait to see him get a proper car setup of his own. all of us in B main at the very least will have some stiff competition, if he doesn't bump up to A main.

Mike Keely
2016.03.27, 10:11 AM
Did you try to run a Mini team enduro?

arch2b
2016.03.27, 10:11 AM
Stock Class race results!

arch2b
2016.03.27, 10:12 AM
MOD Class race results!

arch2b
2016.03.27, 10:34 AM
no, after conclusion of MOD class, everyone packed up. being Easter weekend, lots of plans for everyone....

byebye
2016.03.27, 10:44 AM
Good stuff! Wish we could have been there. Looks like you guys had some close racing.

Kris

byebye
2016.03.27, 10:45 AM
Looks like Bill had some trouble there at the end of the Stock race?

Mike Keely
2016.03.27, 10:49 AM

It was on lap 30. He had a 19 second lap.

arch2b
2016.03.27, 11:21 AM

lets just say the heating system was on all day and was VERY warm. had a bit of heat exhaustion and got the fan on and Bruce repaired the thermostat to get the room temp back down.

the great story of the day was Pheonix running up an 11 lap lead and his batteries dumped with about 3 minutes left. He was able to change batteries and recover from a 2 lap deficit to pull out a win and bump up!

helee4
2016.03.29, 07:18 PM
It has been the longest time since I last posted. This is Henry (Phoenix's Dad) btw. We have a great time and appreciate everyone's help during the race to get Phoenix setup. It was definitely fun to watch Phoenix was able to catch up after the slowest battery change from his dad ...:)
And as you can imagine, Phoenix been eyeing on a MR03 since he tried you guys' great cars. Since we just spent most of his saving fixing his ma010, think he is going to be stuck with it for a little while...
So, I am wondering what we can do to tune our ma010 to up keep with you guys? I remember Joey's awz was running really fast too..

byebye
2016.03.29, 10:18 PM
Hey Henry. In stock class the awd will need bearings if it doesn't have any. The motor could use a break-in and some drops. We'll have to take a closer look at it next race day and see what we can do.

Kris

arch2b
2016.03.30, 08:59 AM
Pheonix has some talent :p if he had an opportunity to run a HFAY style car for a week or two i have no doubt he would push me down the list. I wish i could offer some advice for an AWD but i haven't owned one of those in many years. in the mean time, you guys are welcome to use any of the demonstration cars in any of the races. He does very well with the MR-03S Mazda 787.

helee4
2016.03.30, 02:32 PM
Thanks Raymond/Kris! Phoenix is probably reading this post and laughing his heart out :) I am pretty sure he doesn't mind using the loaner car and learn to up keep with your guys. Hopefully we can make it back to your next race day!

As for the AWZ, let me read up on the older forum to see how I can make it better. For the stock class race, I guess we can purchase a stock motor from Hobby works. Would camber/toe adjust allowed?

RossScott
2016.03.30, 06:30 PM
We have a extra car that we would like to be able to give to Phoenix it is a sports series stock mm. I guess this is a way I can try to pay back to everyone that has been so gracious to us so we would like to pay it forward. I will drop it off over at hobby works for you guys.
He has some serious skill hope it helps!!!

byebye
2016.03.30, 06:52 PM
We have a extra car that we would like to be able to give to Phoenix it is a sports series stock mm. I guess this is a way I can try to pay back to everyone that has been so gracious to us so we would like to pay it forward. I will drop it off over at hobby works for you guys.

Good stuff Ross! Thanks for that :cool:

Kris

byebye
2016.03.30, 06:54 PM
Thanks Raymond/Kris! Phoenix is probably reading this post and laughing his heart out :) I am pretty sure he doesn't mind using the loaner car and learn to up keep with your guys. Hopefully we can make it back to your next race day!

As for the AWZ, let me read up on the older forum to see how I can make it better. For the stock class race, I guess we can purchase a stock motor from Hobby works. Would camber/toe adjust allowed?

Henry, the stock sports car that Ross mentioned would be a great stock class car. As far as the AWD you can set that one up for HFAY which allows all the upgrades to include the 70t motor available at Hobbyworks.

The AWD that Joey has is the brushless version. I'm not sure which chassis Phoenix has but the latest version is quite good.

Kris

helee4
2016.03.30, 08:30 PM
Hi Ross,

I am completely speechless to how awesome you guys are! But we don't feel right just taking the car from you, as it is your hard earn money too. Perhaps we can buy from you to help funding your next project car? :p

helee4
2016.03.30, 08:37 PM
Henry, the stock sports car that Ross mentioned would be a great stock class car. As far as the AWD you can set that one up for HFAY which allows all the upgrades to include the 70t motor available at Hobbyworks.

The AWD that Joey has is the brushless version. I'm not sure which chassis Phoenix has but the latest version is quite good.

Kris

The one Phoenix has is a stock chassis we put together from different savaged parts, and that's why it has the green translucent chassis :) It is stock, but I have recently got him some knuckle sets with different camber angles, and we are wondering if adjusted camber angles would count as stock car? Sorry if this questions been asked many times.

arch2b
2016.03.30, 09:06 PM
video's are up! they should be going to club f*** ***k and google + and youtube pages, if i'm doing it right.