PDA

View Full Version : HFAY Season 21 Races 1 & 2

briankstan
2015.12.30, 08:32 AM
I have posted the tracks for Season 21. I only posted for the Racer Series, If any clubs want to run F1's I can post that season as well just let me know.

http://www.howfastareyou.com/seasons/index/41

arch2b
2015.12.30, 09:19 AM
awesome, just updated our threads. when will registration open?

briankstan
2015.12.30, 11:20 AM
awesome, just updated our threads. when will registration open?

it's available now :)

Season 21 Racer Registration (http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Zen_Cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_99&products_id=452)

dwight
2015.12.31, 06:34 PM
I think that DC has enough F1 racers we want to run it for the season.

ukyo
2016.01.03, 04:46 PM
same here.. there are a few new F1 at our club so we'll also give it a go this season

briankstan
2016.01.04, 07:22 AM
same here.. there are a few new F1 at our club so we'll also give it a go this season

sounds good, I'll get the F1 Season Added.

briankstan
2016.01.04, 03:59 PM
F1 Season is added and live. Glad to see there is interest in running the F1's I know SLMZ will be happy to run them in HFAY as well. :) 3 Clubs running F1's again, awesome !!!

byebye
2016.01.05, 05:22 AM
If dwight and I can get a third then Washington DC might also have some F1 particpants.

briankstan
2016.01.05, 08:25 AM
If dwight and I can get a third then Washington DC might also have some F1 particpants.

just a note if you need to do this, you can always have a stock racer class car run with you in the races as a filler. the rules state you have to have 3 cars running, they don't have to be the same class. you can submit just the 2 F1 times even though you had 3 cars to make the race legal, one isn't legal for submission but the other 2 times are. I have done this in the past when needed for our club.

ukyo
2016.01.05, 05:50 PM
the season 21 manual is only for the racer class so it doesn't have any specifics for F1.
The guys at our club are keen to stick with the stock RTR motors for now.
I'm assuming the same rules apply for motors.. ie., RTR or PN70T.... the RTR that came with our kits was the Kyosho Xspeed.. is anyone else running these?

arch2b
2016.01.05, 05:58 PM
you can buy optioned kits with x-speed motors, doesn't make it a box stock motor just because it came in an rtr kit. ;) if that were so, people would be running them in racer class as well.

ukyo
2016.01.05, 06:02 PM
back in the day when RCP was sponsoring HFAY, I think they donated a wide-L each season... maybe that is why Brian has so much track at his disposal? haha

anyways.. here is a thought..

how about we get a trophy for say top 3-5 racers in the two classes that we pass around each season? A plaque could have the Club/Racer/season engraved each season.
I think if it is top 5 then more clubs may get a chance to see a trophy... otherwise they all might just stay in Salt Lake! :)

obviously we'd have to nut out some details and logistics.. perhaps the winner will have to pay for shipping and engraving... and we'd probably have to bump off racers who run both brushed and brushless who are at the top of the ladder.

our club is happy to chip in.. or we could crowd source among ourselves

what do you guys think? are the fastest guys too hard to beat to make this worthwhile? :)

briankstan
2016.01.05, 08:18 PM
F1 rules are posted under the F1 series. Here is a link.

HFAY Season 21 F1 Manual (https://www.howfastareyou.com/download/psseasons.manual.b494efec9ea2c9f8.484641592d533231 2d46312d4d616e75616c2e706466.pdf)

the F1 Legal Motors are the Kyosho Stock Motor (non X-speed) or the PN 70T.

briankstan
2016.01.05, 08:26 PM
back in the day when RCP was sponsoring HFAY, I think they donated a wide-L each season... maybe that is why Brian has so much track at his disposal? haha

anyways.. here is a thought..

how about we get a trophy for say top 3-5 racers in the two classes that we pass around each season? A plaque could have the Club/Racer/season engraved each season.
I think if it is top 5 then more clubs may get a chance to see a trophy... otherwise they all might just stay in Salt Lake! :)

obviously we'd have to nut out some details and logistics.. perhaps the winner will have to pay for shipping and engraving... and we'd probably have to bump off racers who run both brushed and brushless who are at the top of the ladder.

our club is happy to chip in.. or we could crowd source among ourselves

what do you guys think? are the fastest guys too hard to beat to make this worthwhile? :)

oddly enough I didn't win any of the tracks. (I purchased Most of mine, and did some trade work) the prizes were available before I knew what I was doing for racing, when I started HFAY I was a much slower and a lot less consistent driver.

Quite a few of the tracks went to Brad at Mini-AZ. also a few others won them as well.

The reason we stopped with the RCP as a prize was that the owner/inventor of RCP tracks sold the business to a corporation and getting them to donate to a small thing like HFAY wasn't going to happen.

we did do trophies for awhile as well, but the funding simple wasn't there and I ended up paying for a lot of it. I couldn't afford to continue.

I like some of the ideas, would be great to see something come out of it and I am open to doing something if we could make it work.

ukyo
2016.01.05, 11:53 PM
F1 rules are posted under the F1 series. Here is a link.

HFAY Season 21 F1 Manual (https://www.howfastareyou.com/download/psseasons.manual.b494efec9ea2c9f8.484641592d533231 2d46312d4d616e75616c2e706466.pdf)

the F1 Legal Motors are the Kyosho Stock Motor (non X-speed) or the PN 70T.

thanks for clarifying.. i'll let the guys know we need to stick with the PN70T :)

ukyo
2016.01.06, 12:22 AM
we did do trophies for awhile as well, but the funding simple wasn't there and I ended up paying for a lot of it. I couldn't afford to continue.

I like some of the ideas, would be great to see something come out of it and I am open to doing something if we could make it work.

you invest enough of your heart and time into HFAY.. so it would be too much to ask for you to fund it.. i know what it is like to be an organiser.. when we first got our track, we used to hire a basketball to do a big layout.. $25hr and we'd go 5-6hrs to make it worthwhile.. it was hard enough asking people to contribute to cost and we had to make up the shortfall ourselves.

maybe we can ask clubs or individuals to contribute.. and contributors can get their initials/handle immortalised as a contributor on the trophy? haha
looking forward to what others think

briankstan
2016.02.01, 11:23 AM
It's the first of February already!! wow January went fast. Time to get your times uploaded to the site.

Remember your F1 times too if you ran them. :)

arch2b
2016.02.01, 12:11 PM
...maybe we can ask clubs or individuals to contribute.. and contributors can get their initials/handle immortalised as a contributor on the trophy? haha
looking forward to what others think

small contributions are OK. given the number of current active clubs however, this contribution increases with decrease in quantity. i like the idea, just want to know what the anticipated costs would be and what the estimated burden would be to judge if feasible.

Mike Keely
2016.02.01, 05:06 PM
I would be glad to donate $30 to the trophies.

arch2b
2016.02.07, 09:58 AM
results uploaded, we didn't run F1 counterclockwise

briankstan
2016.02.08, 09:23 AM
Results are updated.

Racer Class (http://www.howfastareyou.com/events/index/236)

Formula 1 Class (http://www.howfastareyou.com/events/index/261)

Mike Keely
2016.02.08, 02:53 PM
Good driving Nino! Putting the pressure on Brian.

I knew ours was going to be bad. All of us had a crash fest in the A main. It was ugly. :eek:

For F1 we are only running clockwise.

Mike Keely
2016.02.29, 03:32 PM
Hi Brian, I have the race times written down but Ray usually puts them in. He is on vacation and I am not sure of his date of return. How should we handle the times for our club?

briankstan
2016.02.29, 04:03 PM
Hi Brian, I have the race times written down but Ray usually puts them in. He is on vacation and I am not sure of his date of return. How should we handle the times for our club?

if you want to email them to me I can add them for you guys. my email is
(MZR user name) @saltlakemini-z.com

thanks.

Mike Keely
2016.03.03, 02:44 PM
I will get it to you today