PDA

View Full Version : Ko propo ex-2

2016.01.16, 04:09 AM
http://www.kopropo.co.jp/sys_en/radios/transmitters/ex-2/ex-2.html

Anyone have any experience with these? I would really like some insight before I drop some major coin, as I would be buying 3 of them.

It's me and my two sons.

So we have 3 wheely kings, 3 touring cars, and soon to have 3 mini z's.

2 reasons I am looking at this controller.

1) It can be used for MHS and FHSS receivers, so this should cover all our cars which keeps growing.

2) One of my sons is left handed (freak).

Now when it says it does both FHSS and MHS, will I be able to drive a MHS car turn it off and then turn it back on and drive a FHSS car without any modifications or crazy steps?

Are you able to program a chase mode button with the ex-2?

Any better transmitters out there that can do both FHSS/MHS or even FHSS/ASF?

Thanks.

mleemor60
2016.01.16, 07:34 AM
"Freak" you say? At least one of your children is in his right mind.

Sinister_Y
2016.01.16, 10:04 AM
The ex-2 only does mhs and fhss. It is does not do asf. For your mini-z upcoming punchases, if you want to use this controller you have to make sure you get the pro version of mr-03 as it has the mhs board.

The ex-6 from Kyosho does both mhs and asf but no fhss. Good luck finding one of these in North America until later this month or next.

arch2b
2016.01.16, 10:28 AM
according to the graphic, it's MHS or Pro only for mini-z. the columns for ASF and Sports are not checked for the EX-2. the EX-6 is the only one shown to be compatible with more than one frequency system for mini-z.

2016.01.16, 10:33 AM
"Freak" you say? At least one of your children is in his right mind.

:)

The ex-2 only does mhs and fhss. It is does not do asf. For your mini-z upcoming punchases, if you want to use this controller you have to make sure you get the pro version of mr-03 as it has the mhs board.

The ex-6 from Kyosho does both mhs and asf but no fhss. Good luck finding one of these in North America until later this month or next.

I plan on getting the ma020ve pro chassis which has MHS. If there is an alternative transmitter that does fhss/asf with a better price and function, I will probably order the ma020ve instead of the pro.

arch2b
2016.01.16, 10:35 AM
the EX-6 (http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=110287)will work with MHS and ASF. :cool:

2016.01.16, 01:34 PM
^Yeah that is what I wanted to go with, but I need something that does fhss also.

DMALMAD
2016.01.16, 01:40 PM
^Yeah that is what I wanted to go with, but I need something that does fhss also.

You can buy the ex-6 and then the ex-2 master unit (67 dollars) and then you can do asf, mhs, and fhss. That is what I plan to do. It really is the most affordable radio system, and just so happens to be the best too ;)

2016.01.16, 01:50 PM
Ok so I would need this master unit?

http://shop.kopropoamerica.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1548

So would I have to change out the ex-6 master unit for the ex-2 each time I want to run 1/10 (FHSS)? About how long does that take?

Also can the ex-6 be setup for freaks? ;)

DMALMAD
2016.01.16, 01:53 PM
yes you would have to swap it out but it shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to swap everything. If you need a radio for a left you have to buy the grip for the right hand (lefty version) You usually can buy the lefty version complete for the same price from ko propo usa but will be hard to find the complete lefty radio elsewhere.

Just checked and I think to get the radio with the lefty grip for the same price as standard you would probably have to contact ko propo usa to get it since I am not seeing it on their website as a complete unit, just the seperate handle. If you have a local hobby shop that carries ko propo products you should be able to order it through them.

2016.01.16, 02:04 PM
Cool thanks for the info.

I just found this video and it seems like it would be a quick change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OxyL8fLf74

Thanks for the help guys.

lfisminiz
2016.01.16, 06:12 PM
Easy swap.;)

SoloManolo
2016.02.25, 07:15 PM
Does anyone know why ko propo transmitters won't recommend rechargeable batteries?
would it be really a problem if i used some eneloops?
thanks!

briankstan
2016.02.26, 09:16 AM
Just a side note, I'm left handed as well and drive all my cars with the normal right handed controller without any issues at all. just get it in his hands and more than likely he'll just use it as is without even realizing it's specific for a right handed person.

when I started racing I didn't even think twice about it. I later ran into another racer that was holding his radios all weird and I asked him about it. His response was because he was left handed. really confused him when I told him I was left handed as well. :D