PDA

View Full Version : Mr03s electronic glitch

icedog36
2016.01.20, 08:27 PM
I belong to a rc club that just started running mini-z mr-03s sport versions with KT-19. There's a couple of cars that have periodically electronic glitches causing the car to shoot off in some random direction then stop then go again. It doesn't seem to be a problem when the car is run alone. We tried to rebind, new batteries just can't figure it out. Please help.

mini-cam
2016.01.21, 10:46 AM
I belong to a rc club that just started running mini-z mr-03s sport versions with KT-19. There's a couple of cars that have periodically electronic glitches causing the car to shoot off in some random direction then stop then go again. It doesn't seem to be a problem when the car is run alone. We tried to rebind, new batteries just can't figure it out. Please help.

We have had a couple of cars do that too with our clubs track. A couple of times it was due to static electricity build up on the track. Anti static spray and wipes seem to help that issue. Another time due to the the cars wire antenna being too close or under the lap counter.

Dr.Jones
2016.02.18, 03:11 PM
Hey guys
any news on this? this is exactly what was happening to us last night.
Random glitches and shutting down, turning off etc.
All running KT-19 radios.
So annoying! Any help would be great. :cool:

Mike Keely
2016.03.27, 09:43 AM
We had someone with the same issue. The LM cars seem to be better then the shorter wheel base cars. I am thinking that it seems to be a static issue also. If I would put some water on the under side of the body the car would run for a much longer time before it would shut off. The type of tire compound that is ran may also have something to do with the way the car picks-up the static and how it discharges the static back to the track.

If everyone that has a sport style of car would let us know the tire make/compound/are you using tire tape?/who's brand this may help (Kyosho/30 front/246 tire tape being used).

I was also wondering if we took a narrow rod and put a groove in a section of the track and hooked it up to a grounded wall outlet? Maybe this would discharge the static out of the track and out of the cars when the car drove over the grounded brass rod? We only run ever 2 weeks so it would be a while before we could try it. If someone else tries it please let us know how it work out.

Another thing that you can try is to get some anti-static spray from Walmart and do a light spray inside the body and under the chassis each time before you run and see if tat helps. Good luck and hope this helps.

arch2b
2016.03.27, 10:25 AM
it may be worth noting for us, yesterday, the location was very warm and dry which is very conducive to static build up, and corresponded to an increase in this phenomenon.

interesting idea to 'ground' the track. could easily shove a brass rod within the timing loop tile section as that never comes apart.