PDA

View Full Version : EX-6 Firmware upgrade coming out

KWT
2016.02.11, 11:08 PM
Looks like there will be a firmware upgrade soon for the EX-6. According to Kyosho, you will need the USB ICS dongle to do the update.

Thorvald
2016.02.12, 08:15 AM
Hmm, be nice if there were some Ex-6 in stock anywhere on the planet ... going on 4 months waiting now lol.

arch2b
2016.02.12, 01:47 PM
from what i read, it will remove japanese language characters from your screen when another language is selected.

Thorvald
2016.02.12, 04:22 PM
from what i read, it will remove japanese language characters from your screen when another language is selected.

NO WAY! Woohoo! I'll be a happy camper. That was one thing that drove me nuts.

arch2b
2016.02.12, 05:07 PM
direct from kyosho blog
Upcoming expansion of the firmware of the (liquid crystal part)
It plans to upgrade program distribution! !

★ update point (plan) ★

- Japanese notation OFF can be selected (only a representation of the English)
And improving communication stability of the body
Expansion of operations improvement of stability

In the version-up program this month
It will be available for download from our HP.

When you're ready to guide you in this blog.

The version up,
ICS USB adapter HS released from Kondo science like is required.

Until now it had been used to rewrite the Minutes of ICS
You will be able to accept the ICS USB adapter.

lfisminiz
2016.02.12, 06:51 PM
Sounds good. Keep us updated when available. :)

KWT
2016.03.26, 06:27 PM
EX-6 Manager and firmware update:

https://www.kyosho.com/eng/support/instructionmanual/mini-z/EX6.html

The manager lets you save, copy and edit models and other settings on your PC.

KWT
2016.03.27, 01:16 AM
I updated my EX-6 to version 1.06. Had to run the VR setup afterwards.

Display is now only English.

arch2b
2016.03.27, 09:05 AM
from what i understand of the manual, it does not affect model memory data stored. can you confirm this?

Thorvald
2016.03.27, 09:08 AM
Awesome thanks guys! Just what I was hoping for.

KWT
2016.03.27, 09:15 AM
Model settings were still there but I lost the name for some reason. I used the Laptop to connect the manager to it and programed all the names in then back it up.

lfisminiz
2016.03.27, 01:29 PM
So is this update basically to have English only or more things.

byebye
2016.03.27, 02:16 PM
Can the adapter be made?

KWT
2016.03.27, 02:34 PM
Kris - I will bring my laptop and usb adapter for updating people who want it next month.

Larry - There were some minor bug fixes according the the Japanese Kyosho blog. Kyosho did not list what was fixed.

lfisminiz
2016.03.27, 08:13 PM
Kris - I will bring my laptop and usb adapter for updating people who want it next month.

Larry - There were some minor bug fixes according the the Japanese Kyosho blog. Kyosho did not list what was fixed.

Thanks...:)

byebye
2016.03.28, 06:47 AM

Yes please!:D Thanks K!

Thorvald
2016.04.12, 09:29 PM
If anyone has a Jeti radio, their USB FTDI adapter works perfectly with the Ex-6:

http://www espritmodel com/jeti-telemetry-usb-adapter.aspx

(That is all the ICS HS adapter is anyways, you can use anyone's FTDI)

Used it tonight for the Expansion manager, you do need a female to female servo extension cable to connect from the Jeti USB to the Ex-6 (perfect would be JR plug at the Jeti end and Futaba plug at the Ex-6 end).

Just an idea for those who are looking for a cheaper ICS that is still fairly "clean" looking and is actually in stock lol!

bobbyz
2016.04.13, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the info on the Jeti USB adapter. I just got an EX-6 recently, and it would be nice to have it in all English on the screen. Great Radio!

byebye
2016.04.13, 10:02 PM
If anyone has a Jeti radio, their USB FTDI adapter works perfectly with the Ex-6:

http://www espritmodel com/jeti-telemetry-usb-adapter.aspx

(That is all the ICS HS adapter is anyways, you can use anyone's FTDI)

Used it tonight for the Expansion manager, you do need a female to female servo extension cable to connect from the Jeti USB to the Ex-6 (perfect would be JR plug at the Jeti end and Futaba plug at the Ex-6 end).

Just an idea for those who are looking for a cheaper ICS that is still fairly "clean" looking and is actually in stock lol!

Can you post some pics?

arch2b
2016.04.14, 07:24 AM
attached is the image on their website.

byebye
2016.04.14, 09:07 AM
I'm looking for a little more detail such as where the positive and negative are attached and which is the signal. I picked up a couple ftdi adapters on Amazon in hopes of getting these to work vs. buying the ICS version.

I'll post pics this evening.

Kris

arch2b
2016.04.14, 09:22 AM
they do not have a decased photo. perhaps someone who bought one is willing to cut off the shrink wrap.

bobbyz
2016.04.15, 01:23 AM
I already have the ICS USB cable for changing PCB settings on my cars chassis. Does anyone know if this will also work with the EX-6 to do the update, or is the pin location different and requires a different cable for the EX-6?

Thorvald
2016.04.15, 04:42 PM
they do not have a decased photo. perhaps someone who bought one is willing to cut off the shrink wrap.

No need Arch, its is pin for pin / colour for colour compatible.

Black goes to black and negative on the EX6
Red goes to red and positive on the EX6
White goes to white and signal on the EX6

Simply purchase a female to female servo extension and plug it in. Like I indicated above, if you use a Futaba connector on the EX6 end it will prevent you plugging it in backwards.

I'll take a pic this weekend when I get a chance.

RussF
2016.04.15, 06:11 PM
I already have the ICS USB cable for changing PCB settings on my cars chassis. Does anyone know if this will also work with the EX-6 to do the update, or is the pin location different and requires a different cable for the EX-6? I dont believe it will. I was hoping the same thing. I think it might have something to do with the speed based on the description of the right adapter being high speed. Not sure though.

The above discussion is very interesting. I googled a FTDI adapter and there are lots out there. It would be cool to find a low cost, in stock, alternative.

byebye
2016.04.15, 06:26 PM
I dont believe it will. I was hoping the same thing. I think it might have something to do with the speed based on the description of the right adapter being high speed. Not sure though.

The above discussion is very interesting. I googled a FTDI adapter and there are lots out there. It would be cool to find a low cost, in stock, alternative.

So I just ran the wires from the Ground, Positive, Signal(RX?) which basically matched the Bluetooth adapter I have and connected it to both the cars and the radio and it just won't connect. Oh mind you I didn't use the 5v on the cars because it's powered by the car so I just used the signal and ground.
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34869&stc=1&d=1460759051

Thorvald
2016.04.16, 12:41 AM
Miniz ICS uses a single wire for transmit and receive. You need to join the Tx and Rx together.

There is an example diagram on the flip side racing software website. That is the one I originally build for my cars and it works great.

http://www.flipsideracing.org/projects/FlipSideICS/wiki/DiyIcsAdaptors

Lots of good info there.

Cheers