PDA

View Full Version : Riverside Raiders- Chilliwack

Dr.Jones
2016.02.18, 04:21 PM
Hey guys,
Our little club is moving along nicely.
We (4 of us) all have MR03's with KT19 radios.Ball bearings and ball diffs. Other than that, stock.
Last night a couple of us were running our cars and it was my first time running my new MR03 (used to be on AM MR02 -LOL, its so fast now!)
anyway, tons of interference when both running. Turning on and off, full pin, full steer... super annoying. Could only run one car at a time.
Using TrackMate racing hardware and flip side for the program.

I know most of you are on KO-Pro-Po but any isights would be greatly appreciated.

We are planning to be out to a GTG one day, hopefully spring.
Your layouts look dooooope.
our track is 10'x12' out of foam tiles.

anyway, thanks for any help and advice! :cool:

mleemor60
2016.02.18, 04:36 PM
Make sure you have fresh non NIMH batteries in the transmitter(s). There have been range issues with some of the boards. A good way to check it is to place the car on a stand in front of you and put it through it's paces. Then with motor running at full chat, place your body between you and the car. if motor stops and remains stopped until there is direct line of site between radio and chassis there is a range issue with the board. if they were purchased through an American(North) there should be warranty consideration with Kyosho of America. If the were auction purchases from the "far east" you are likely on your own unless the seller steps up.

There is also the old "Hokey Pokey" radio reset. There is a thread here on the forum with the instructions. If testing above does not reveal a range concern then try the reset.

Dr.Jones
2016.02.19, 04:54 PM
Make sure you have fresh non NIMH batteries in the transmitter(s). There have been range issues with some of the boards. A good way to check it is to place the car on a stand in front of you and put it through it's paces. Then with motor running at full chat, place your body between you and the car. if motor stops and remains stopped until there is direct line of site between radio and chassis there is a range issue with the board. if they were purchased through an American(North) there should be warranty consideration with Kyosho of America. If the were auction purchases from the "far east" you are likely on your own unless the seller steps up.

There is also the old "Hokey Pokey" radio reset. There is a thread here on the forum with the instructions. If testing above does not reveal a range concern then try the reset.

Awesome. Thanks so much! Ill get on it!:cool:

herman
2016.02.20, 01:36 AM
lol... who can forget that hokey pokey reset procedure?
i second mleemor60's comments though... Good luck

herman
2016.02.20, 01:42 AM
oh... also like the idea of you keeping mods to a minimum... bearings and ball diffs... next choice for me would be tires and a t-plate if and when the plastic one breaks... maybe lastly an X-speed motor...

RFick73
2016.02.20, 12:54 PM
Dr. Jones,

Yes, DO come out soon!

As for your issue, I can't say any of our members have had that type of issue. We often have 8-12 guys out at a time & we have never run into interference issues unless the guys were running AM or FM boards.

If your issues persist, get your butts out to one of our GTG's & let us all wrap our heads around your issue. We have a few electronics nerds that may be able to figure out your issue.

Hope ta see ya out at the track sometime soon!

Dr.Jones
2016.02.21, 06:34 PM
Thanks guys.
We have super soft tires too. Def would like more mods though. LOL.

Ill let everyone know how the Hokey Pokey goes and will def be out to a track day, just hope its sooner rather than later.
Thanks!! :cool:

cowboysir
2016.02.21, 07:26 PM
As an FYI we don't allow Atomic tires at the track in Newton. All atomic tires in their soft ranges have silicone in then which is bad for the rcp and ruins every one else's grip.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

herman
2016.02.21, 10:17 PM
just in case... here's that link to the kt-19 faq thread... which includes the hokey pokey reset instructions... click me (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39628)

herman
2016.02.21, 10:17 PM
here's another thread that also might help... click (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40392&highlight=hokey+pokey+transmitter+reset)

Dr.Jones
2016.02.22, 09:44 PM
As an FYI we don't allow Atomic tires at the track in Newton. All atomic tires in their soft ranges have silicone in then which is bad for the rcp and ruins every one else's grip.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Dang Son. :(
which tires do you use? and what does the silicone do to the track? will it hurt my foam can tire tiles?

:cool:

cowboysir
2016.02.22, 09:58 PM
Silicone tires leaves a film on the rcp as you run the car which is really difficult to remove. If everyone was using them it would entirely ruin the grip levels for any other tire.

I don't know how it affects other foam tIles but it would stand to reason it will affect them as well

Everyone runs Kyosho 20 rear/30 fronts and while they aren't the premier in grip they are excellent on our track because the rubber residue makes everyone have similar grip levels.

I have a collection of tires that I sell for cheap to those who need them so we avoid problems with silicone.

TeeSquared
2016.02.23, 02:58 PM
Silicone tires leaves a film on the rcp as you run the car which is really difficult to remove. If everyone was using them it would entirely ruin the grip levels for any other tire.

I don't know how it affects other foam tIles but it would stand to reason it will affect them as well

Everyone runs Kyosho 20 rear/30 fronts and while they aren't the premier in grip they are excellent on our track because the rubber residue makes everyone have similar grip levels.

I have a collection of tires that I sell for cheap to those who need them so we avoid problems with silicone.

I agree with whats being said here about using silicone tires on RCP.

Another thing I will add about silicone tires and my experience with them is that they seem to make the car harder to tune. The tires are physically very soft and the sidewalls deform easily. I had a hard time getting my cars to hook up right back when I still used Atomic and PN tires. Just too inconsistent. Don't even think about using them on an AWD.

I like the Kyosho tires. They run very consistently and feel like real racing tires as they take a handful of laps to come up to their operating temperature.

Also, welcome! :D

Dr.Jones
2016.02.25, 11:13 PM
OK, noted.
Well thats good to know we can grab em we come out. Will def not be buying them again.
Thanks for the tips.
Tomorrow night its time for the Hokey Pokey Reset and hopes that that will eradicate our intererence issues.
Thanks for the welcome.
Will be good to finally meet you MoFos one of these days.
Mini Z!
:cool:

herman
2016.03.06, 09:31 PM
any update on you hokey pokey activity? hope all is well...

Dr.Jones
2016.08.27, 02:22 AM
any update on you hokey pokey activity? hope all is well...

Hey, thanks for asking.
Turned out it was a bad radio! Thanks for asking!
Having an issue with a KT18 though..
motorsports! :confused: