PDA

View Full Version : VE Steering issue

civicwong
2016.04.24, 02:46 PM
My VE had got a white smoke during racing, and found the steering not work...confirmed the steering fet has been cooked...

I had take a photo form other VE owner , found the print of the fet is "M02 1234A" or "M02 1421G"

But, I am doesn't got any information on Google/eBay/Amazon....

Who can told me where can I purchase it ?

cowboysir
2016.04.24, 05:45 PM
Try Digikey or Mouser.

civicwong
2016.04.26, 04:03 AM
Try Digikey or Mouser.

Thanks Bro, but Digikey & Mouser also don't have.

And some mini rc racer on other forum provide one FET "TT8M2TR" for suggestion, I will try it , but this FET need to buy 100's in minimum, if not, will charge around $18usd for shipping charge......

Any one had experienced on FET "TT8M2TR" use on VE steering?

TheSteve
2016.04.26, 12:39 PM
The part # that was suggested to you is the proper part for your replacement. You can drop the TR on the end and just look for "TT8M2". The "TR" means "tape and reel" - you don't want a full reel of 3000. This part is marked "M02" as you have seen, the rest of the numbers are a date/batch code.

You can buy them individually from Mouser, they have them in stock.

civicwong
2016.04.27, 06:29 AM
The part # that was suggested to you is the proper part for your replacement. You can drop the TR on the end and just look for "TT8M2". The "TR" means "tape and reel" - you don't want a full reel of 3000. This part is marked "M02" as you have seen, the rest of the numbers are a date/batch code.

You can buy them individually from Mouser, they have them in stock.
Thanks Steve!

I will post the result after fix the problem.

civicwong
2016.05.20, 11:28 AM
Dear ALL,

I am Fail.........the white smoke appear again when plug in the power....

on this, i guess is the resistor has been fail......but doesn't know which resistor is relative with the steering FET.

TheSteve
2016.05.20, 12:33 PM
That is a shame - there may be a short on the PCB(or the steering motor) somewhere or it is possible some other part has gone bad.
Do you have a basic multimeter with continuity test to look for shorts?

civicwong
2016.05.20, 12:53 PM
That is a shame - there may be a short on the PCB(or the steering motor) somewhere or it is possible some other part has gone bad.
Do you have a basic multimeter with continuity test to look for shorts?

Yes, Ihave

that is good idea, i will try my best

thanks for suggestion.

civicwong
2016.08.28, 11:17 AM
dear all buddy,

i am finish my repair, found the problem is the cable of VR has short circuit...

thanks all~~~~

herman
2016.09.03, 11:33 PM
Welcome to the forums, glad you were able to fix it... Mind sharing what you did specifically to fix it? Pics would be appreciated... Where are you from?