PDA

View Full Version : Race with a prize at the May 15th meet!

TheSteve
2016.05.07, 12:15 AM
Dan has offered to give away one of Trackmate's new smaller sized MiniZ transponders at the next meet.
I am proposing a 10 minute race, the winner gets the transponder.

The qualifying(start) order of the race will be determined by fastest laps in a 10 minute open practice held just before the race.

The race itself will be 10 minutes long. All cars must use rubber tires, be a Kyosho MiniZ chassis and use an Eco blue brushless, Kyosho stock or a PN70 turn motor. Batts must be 4 NiMH cells.
If there is a massive turnout only the fastest 8 cars from qualifying will start the race so that traffic isn't a massive battle.

I won't be in the race myself as I don't need another transponder and would like to run the race so that Dave W/Ryan etc can fully concentrate on racing. I expect we'll do the qualifying and racing right after lunch.

I'll be expecting some clean racing people, I hope you can all make it out.

Any questions let me know!

TeeSquared
2016.05.07, 12:39 PM
Gosh, thanks for the free transponder Dan! :p :D

Y'all better bring your game faces. It's on!!

cowboysir
2016.05.07, 01:38 PM
Your car will be checked closely at tech, TeeSquared/Donut....your loose interpretation of the rules is well known. Lol.

Looking forward to a fun race win or lose. A prize will sharpen up the competing level.

gctkaz
2016.05.16, 02:10 AM
Who won? :)

cowboysir
2016.05.16, 10:13 AM
With a minute to go before the race I wound up breaking the body on my 03-ve eco (that was on fire) and the body switch caused some handling issues.

That being said the win was handed to TeeSquared with his smoother driving without any real pressure.

I hope we can get more people out for the next "stock race with a prize" as I plan on giving away one of my recent "one off creation" bodies.

TheSteve
2016.05.16, 12:38 PM
TeeSquared did take the prize. In this specific race having corner marshalls may have helped to determine the winner as TeeSquared was the only driver who required a rescue during the race.

Thanks to everyone who took part, it was a lot of fun to watch.

For future races with a prize I think that whoever provides the prize gets to make the race rules - no matter how crazy!

TeeSquared
2016.05.16, 02:08 PM
While you all are searching for reasons to smear my fair and square win...:p

*Pats self on back*

TeeSquared
2016.05.16, 02:23 PM
Though if it wasn't mentioned elsewhere on the forum, Derek did set a 8.99 lap with a his car during that race which was the second fastest stock lap of the day, behind Steve. I tried hard for an 8.99 with Pumpkin but it wasn't to be. Good job Derek!

cowboysir
2016.05.16, 07:29 PM
While you all are searching for reasons to smear my fair and square win...:p

*Pats self on back*

I'm sure if i wanted to get real specific I could find something out of tech but since it was steve's rules he said your car was good.:p

I'm thinking of a rule set for the race I can put a body on for a PRIZE.;)

TeeSquared
2016.05.17, 01:25 AM
I'm thinking of a rule set for the race I can put a body on for a PRIZE.;)

The odds better be stacked against me....I'll be disappointed otherwise! :D