PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Mini-z Racing

RCPMini-z
2016.07.15, 09:41 PM
Is there interest in the Denver area or near cities for a facility to run and race Mini-z's? I own 105 acres in Colorado, just south/west of Denver and looking to promote the hobby in the area. I have an off road dirt track in construction currently for all scales of racing as well as an RC plane runway in the planning stages. Looking to house a hobby store and Mini-z racing facility within a large building on the property. There is a natural stream that runs through a portion of the property and looking to dam up at some point and create a pond for RC boat use. I am building a home on the property and moving up to Colorado in September. I commute back and forth from Los Angeles currently, but plan on settling down in Colorado.

briankstan
2016.07.18, 03:56 PM
Is there interest in the Denver area or near cities for a facility to run and race Mini-z's? I own 105 acres in Colorado, just south/west of Denver and looking to promote the hobby in the area. I have an off road dirt track in construction currently for all scales of racing as well as an RC plane runway in the planning stages. Looking to house a hobby store and Mini-z racing facility within a large building on the property. There is a natural stream that runs through a portion of the property and looking to dam up at some point and create a pond for RC boat use. I am building a home on the property and moving up to Colorado in September. I commute back and forth from Los Angeles currently, but plan on settling down in Colorado.

that's sounds like a nice place, and not terribly far from me. Hope something gets worked out.

DMALMAD
2016.07.18, 04:25 PM
I know there is a pretty sizeable 1/10th touring car following near denver with the 5280 raceway. With Atomic releasing their BZ chassis and its amazing capabilities it wouldn't be a bad idea to go out there on a club race and whip out a Mini-z during some down time. I am planning to do a simmilar thing to try and get 10th racers in my area to come out and race Mini-Z. On the new CRC black carpet there is a ton of traction with rubber tires. Kyosho 10 in the rear and 30 in the front. If they have the grey carpet than I would try and get your hands on some foam to really impress:cool::cool::cool:

RCPMini-z
2016.07.18, 07:11 PM
that's sounds like a nice place, and not terribly far from me. Hope something gets worked out.

Hey Brian, how far are you from the 70? I drive through Utah once a month. Can take a left to come visit sometime.

briankstan
2016.07.21, 12:09 PM
Hey Brian, how far are you from the 70? I drive through Utah once a month. Can take a left to come visit sometime.

I'm about 2 hours north of the I-15/I-70 junction.

Mike Keely
2016.07.21, 03:21 PM

Can you add on a extra room on the house for me???:D:D:D:D:D:D

briankstan
2016.07.21, 03:25 PM
Can you add on a extra room on the house for me???:D:D:D:D:D:D I could camp out in the RV :)

RCPMini-z
2016.07.22, 09:08 PM
I'm about 2 hours north of the I-15/I-70 junction.

I can do that!

RCPMini-z
2016.07.22, 09:11 PM
Can you add on a extra room on the house for me???:D:D:D:D:D:D

It really is turning into an RC Wonderland. Even room for a large G scale train layout. I have several G scale trains and cars. Don't know if you are aware, trains are going RC as well. My trains are all modified with batteries and transmitters. Don't have to worry about the tracks getting dirty with RC/battery trains. :)

Xovonob
2016.08.07, 12:01 AM
I live in Denver and race mini-z nearly every month. I run various configs of two-wide L in my garage and a friend of mine built a dirt track in his basement to run the buggies. I'd be interested in stopping by once you get things set up.

arch2b
2016.08.07, 08:08 AM
any pictures of the basement dirt track? :eek:

RCPMini-z
2016.08.08, 05:21 PM
I live in Denver and race mini-z nearly every month. I run various configs of two-wide L in my garage and a friend of mine built a dirt track in his basement to run the buggies. I'd be interested in stopping by once you get things set up.

Yes, for sure. I will keep you in the loop and send an invite when I have something for you to run on.

thanks
John

Xovonob
2016.08.13, 11:02 PM
any pictures of the basement dirt track? :eek:

Yeah, sorry for the delay (and not the greatest pics).

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34949&stc=1&d=1471147252

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34950&stc=1&d=1471147274

arch2b
2016.08.14, 08:58 AM
at a loss for words... a mini-z scale dirt track in a basement! awesome just doesn't seem appropriate. :p it certainly looks like a lot of fun.

mleemor60
2016.08.14, 09:28 AM
Somebody certainly has a very understanding Wife/Mother. Although since it is in Colorado, with some additional high intensity lighting, there is revenue producing potential in the off season.

Xovonob
2016.08.14, 11:32 AM
It's really quite fun... a reasonable facsimile of 1/10, but the buggies need the big bore shocks to perform best. I also like the ball diffs when the gear diffs go, and the chassis protector is important if you donít want to crack your chassis. While racing, the biggest challenge is that very tiny pieces of dirt can wedge between the pinion and spur. We learned how to tape so as to abate the issue, but it still happens from time to time and will knock someone from the race.

And yes, his wife is rather understanding. That's ~5 tons of dirt. It was quite a project to build a pond-armored structure and bucket in all the dirt.

RCPMini-z
2016.08.15, 11:16 PM
Looks great!

refsiul22
2016.08.16, 12:06 PM
Yeah, sorry for the delay (and not the greatest pics).

:eek: oh wow, amazing.. E.N.V.Y.

please.. post a racing video when you have the chance..