PDA

View Full Version : nsx body keeps popping off

Nsxtat
2016.10.26, 02:44 PM
I mostly run 94mm and 102mm. On my 94mm I exclusively run the 2005-2007 nsx bodies. The main problem that I am having with it is that it doesn't clip in very tight. I have 3 of them and everyone of them pops out of its clip on the side from a light to medium tap on the barrier. My track runs wooden barriers, I can prevent the entire body from flying off by using a rubber band and holding the car to the body, but the side will still pop up and it looks lop sided after a lap or two. Any secrets that you guys are willing share to help keep my body on the car while running?

Thank.

mleemor60
2016.10.26, 05:11 PM
Have access to a hair dryer? Got some good heavy rubber bands? Add a few rubber bands to the mid section of the body and steadily but very gently apply heat to the sides of the body below the window line. it is better to do this with the windows removed since they are a dissimilar material from the body and react to the heat differently and will shrink. Once the body becomes nearly to hot to hold in your hand stop the heat and allow to cool thoroughly with the rubber bands still in place. When cooled remove the bands and test fit. Might take more than one attempt but it is better than reducing the body to a puddle of semi molten goo. OR, take two short pieces of good old cellophane tape and after the body is installed down the sides and onto the chassis. Don't make it too tight cause it will affect handling by binding the chassis.

lfisminiz
2016.10.26, 06:16 PM
Clear type of tape, 1 side of body, under chassis, up other side of body. I use mostly "blue tak" Its a kind of putty. A little on the side clip to hold to chassis.

TeeSquared
2016.10.26, 08:24 PM
Clear type of tape, 1 side of body, under chassis, up other side of body. I use mostly "blue tak" Its a kind of putty. A little on the side clip to hold to chassis.

+1 for Blue Tac or similar products for holding stubborn bodies on. It works well!

Nsxtat
2016.10.26, 08:33 PM
blue tac huh? That is something I am willing to try, I don't even know how to remove the window from the body so I won't try that until I get desperate.

arch2b
2016.10.27, 10:24 AM
Also common is painters or artist tape from one door, under and back up to the other. Least attractive method for sure.

mleemor60
2016.10.27, 11:44 AM
That is why I mentioned cellophane or scotch tape since it is clear. Either tape is acceptable as long as when you add it you make sure that the body is in its relaxed mounted position. Taping it snugly to the chassis can change the chassis dynamics by making it a single assembly and stiffer overall.

arch2b
2016.10.28, 06:32 AM
both of those being a bit more tedious to remove unless you make a fold at the end to pull on. painters/artist tape, while ugly is quick and easy. i use the sticky tac myself, to lazy to bother with tape :rolleyes: