PDA

View Full Version : Blue chassis "exploded" view

W-tone
2002.08.21, 12:45 PM
I had to take my "stock" Viper apart for cleaning, the hardboard lets a lot of fibers loose.

Mondo
2002.08.21, 03:21 PM
W-Tone,

And that motor?

Lovely view by the way. It should take you (being a Mini-Z God) about 20 minutes to re-assemble it
Oh, why did you take it all apart? Please do tell all.

le-manz
2002.08.21, 07:52 PM
......ah ah ah, wut aboud ze zervo mista W;)

W-tone
2002.08.21, 10:54 PM
Mondo:
Well The clear chassis shows all the dirt building up inside the chassis.. and there was A LOT of it.
I did not bother about the stock motor, I need a new one anyways.

le-manz:
And the servo... well the servo is somewhat enclosed so I did no bother about that either.
I should have... I admit :)

gargoyle7642
2002.08.22, 12:07 AM
I got hardboard that was smooth on both sides, painted it with flat paint, and the car sticks like glue! Plus no fibers. Just a thought for ya.

gargoyle7642
2002.08.22, 12:07 AM
Is that a Topcad diff, and if so do ya like it?

ScottMcLeod
2002.08.22, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by gargoyle7642
I got hardboard that was smooth on both sides, painted it with flat paint, and the car sticks like glue! Plus no fibers. Just a thought for ya.

Is hardboard what we would call "Melamine"?

comes in 4'' by 8'' sheets for about 9.50$ Canadian?

That's how i'm planning on making my next track.

gargoyle7642
2002.08.22, 12:34 AM
Can't help ya there Mr. "A picture is worth a thousand words". I got mine at Lowe's here in the states. Don't know what it's called in Canada, but I paid around $8 or $9 I think. P.S. I got all of mine painted today. I will be putting the foam down tonight after work. D*%$ work keeps getting in my way! My brother should be home Friday and I'll try and get his digital camera then for pics, I think you'll like it!

W-tone
2002.08.22, 03:02 AM
The TOPCAD diff needs some surgery before it works properly. The diff rings need to be polished and the drive thingy opposite to the spur gear needs to be lathed and filed to remove the excess 1,5mm of material, this is why the left rear wheel sticks out if nothing is done.
After these the diff works wonderfully.

I don't think hardboard == melamine.
Melamine I think is coated hardboard. Hardboard is something you find at the back of IKEA shelves and stuff, sort of like very thick cardboard.