PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho drone

lfisminiz
2016.12.09, 08:46 PM
Didnt know if any of you saw this but Kyosho came out with a racing drone. Reasonable price. Got mine the other day. Its a blast! The 2 things im liking is
The radio is a steering wheel like our mini-zs
The body is lexan, painted. You can buy a clear body to paint up.

poochy
2016.12.12, 12:18 PM
Didnt know if any of you saw this but Kyosho came out with a racing drone. Reasonable price. Got mine the other day. Its a blast! The 2 things im liking is
The radio is a steering wheel like our mini-zs
The body is lexan, painted. You can buy a clear body to paint up.

Waiting on mine, taking forever

arch2b
2016.12.12, 12:56 PM
looks like a lot of fun, sever shortage on space for drone racing though. :( it would end up an expensive paper weight for me and trying to reduce the number of those i already have :rolleyes: i look forward to trying one out when they show up at the club events. :p

lfisminiz
2016.12.12, 01:06 PM
You don't need a ton of space to have fun with it. I would think out in the yard with others would be a lot of fun. :D

fastmax
2016.12.12, 01:21 PM
They look fun, but I wish they were faster. I fly FPV racing quads, and while I really like the concept of these maintaining a set height, more speed is a must for an exciting experience.

poochy
2016.12.12, 01:58 PM
No tire wear racing...ray get one!

lfisminiz
2016.12.12, 06:49 PM
They look fun, but I wish they were faster. I fly FPV racing quads, and while I really like the concept of these maintaining a set height, more speed is a must for an exciting experience.

I saw something in the parts about Xspeed motors and gear options.

fastmax
2016.12.12, 08:20 PM
I saw something in the parts about Xspeed motors and gear options.

Now you're talking. Even 5-10 MPH faster than stock would be a nice improvement.

fastmax
2016.12.12, 08:21 PM
No tire wear racing...ray get one!

And every racer will have the exact same amount of traction :D

poochy
2016.12.15, 07:52 AM
Minie cane in yesterday.
Very fun out of the box.

Gonna play with the ics today.

lfisminiz
2016.12.15, 01:03 PM
I didn't get to it yet but would like to know what changing settings does. Also you can take it off easy mode....wonder what the difference is.

RCPMini-z
2016.12.16, 12:46 PM
Taking it out of beginner mode makes the drone more responsive. I did it right away. Having a lot of fun with mine. You can turn much sharper.

Drone Cup 2017 anyone! I know the track is almost complete.:)

lfisminiz
2016.12.16, 12:59 PM
Taking it out of beginner mode makes the drone more responsive. I did it right away. Having a lot of fun with mine. You can turn much sharper.

Drone Cup 2017 anyone! I know the track is almost complete.:)

Thanks. Try any settings on board yet?

poochy
2016.12.16, 01:13 PM
Drone cup !

RCPMini-z
2016.12.16, 01:32 PM
Thanks. Try any settings on board yet?

Kyosho is still developing the "Drone Racer Settting Manager" application when connecting and setting adjustment via computer. They will notify the public when this option is available, via the Kyosho website.

RCPMini-z
2016.12.16, 01:40 PM
Drone cup !

It's being constructed now. Risers allow drones to travel over each other. LED lighted turn poles at all curves. LED lighted tunnels and LED lighted riser blocks. Timing tower, Kyosho circuit sign, finish line print and red/white checker side border, same as shown on Kyosho's website. Track can be made very compact or longer when space is available. Pilots/drivers can take the turns wide if needed as long as they get back on track to go under the tunnel, finish line timing tower and riser blocks, which makes it very user friendly. Long straights to get up to max speed.

Get your practice in, as I have been practicing for quite awhile and you will only see my red rear drone LED if your not ready. :)

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35020&stc=1&d=1481916302

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35022&stc=1&d=1481916454

Here is a "first concept" design.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35023&stc=1&d=1481916656

RCPMini-z
2016.12.16, 02:05 PM
looks like a lot of fun, sever shortage on space for drone racing though. :( it would end up an expensive paper weight for me and trying to reduce the number of those i already have :rolleyes: i look forward to trying one out when they show up at the club events. :p

I think you will be surprised how similar it is to driving an RC car. I really think Kyosho hit the head on the nail with this new technology of steering with a wheel rather than a stick. Since the drone flies at either 11" or 23", you really only need to worry about throttle (going forward) and left and right. You can apply the breaks at the curves and make tight turns. I like to start my turns about 5 - 7 ft before I get there so it's going in the right direction once it hits the curve. This only applies to making turns after a long straight where you build up speed. You can slow down and take any turn tight without breaks. Almost like drifting.

You can change the colors of the LED per drone so their easily identified in a race.

lfisminiz
2016.12.16, 06:55 PM
Kyosho is still developing the "Drone Racer Settting Manager" application when connecting and setting adjustment via computer. They will notify the public when this option is available, via the Kyosho website.

thanks, again. :)

lfisminiz
2016.12.16, 06:58 PM
Looks and sounds good.
Also agree...Kyosho did very well with making the drone like our mini-z in steering/flying it. :):D

poochy
2016.12.17, 10:44 PM
It's being constructed now. Risers allow drones to travel over each other. LED lighted turn poles at all curves. LED lighted tunnels and LED lighted riser blocks. Timing tower, Kyosho circuit sign, finish line print and red/white checker side border, same as shown on Kyosho's website. Track can be made very compact or longer when space is available. Pilots/drivers can take the turns wide if needed as long as they get back on track to go under the tunnel, finish line timing tower and riser blocks, which makes it very user friendly. Long straights to get up to max speed.

Get your practice in, as I have been practicing for quite awhile and you will only see my red rear drone LED if your not ready. :)

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35020&stc=1&d=1481916302

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35022&stc=1&d=1481916454

Here is a "first concept" design.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35023&stc=1&d=1481916656

Very cool!
I drove my drone at mimis today (indoor offrd track)
Had a great time. Many expressd interest.

Learning:
Active mode is faster on a big track.
easy mode is actually much better in the living room than active

Would like to see a 1/27 scale dr one day

RCPMini-z
2016.12.17, 10:49 PM
I am going to experiment with the prop guards off. May gain don speed and cornering.😀

RCPMini-z
2016.12.17, 10:54 PM
I am going to experiment with the prop guards off. May gain don speed and cornering.😀