PDA

View Full Version : Audi R8 GT3 Allied World #25

durtbag
2017.09.07, 05:45 PM
Tried my hand at a White Body for my BZ. Used one of Patto's decal sets. worked out pretty well for my first attempt, always learning.

arch2b
2017.09.08, 07:02 AM
overall, very nice! the trick with addressing the scale issue is the delete selective background colors and paint those on so that graphics/logo's can then be placed over top. this avoids issues with color panels misalignment, incorrect sizes.

i dig it though, pretty cool choice. if i had any paint skills, i would love to try the lion king deco.

durtbag
2017.09.08, 10:52 AM
overall, very nice! the trick with addressing the scale issue is the delete selective background colors and paint those on so that graphics/logo's can then be placed over top. this avoids issues with color panels misalignment, incorrect sizes.

i dig it though, pretty cool choice. if i had any paint skills, i would love to try the lion king deco.

Yeah, would definitely do it that way next time. I didn't know how the decal would line up until after I had started to apply it by then it was a little late. :(

arch2b
2017.09.08, 06:30 PM
You did a good job then, it looks like they were laid out carefully. What scale did you have them printed at?

cowboysir
2017.09.08, 07:07 PM
I think for your first time it was a fine effort.

If those are waterslide I'd suggest using a water/micro set mixture (no more than a 50% mix) to get a bit more softening of the decal sheet and then you can mold the finer details into the contours of white body.

Hope you catch the custom body bug.;)

durtbag
2017.09.08, 11:49 PM
You did a good job then, it looks like they were laid out carefully. What scale did you have them printed at?

I ordered it in 1:27 scale as I did some research on this forum.

durtbag
2017.09.08, 11:57 PM
I think for your first time it was a fine effort.

If those are waterslide I'd suggest using a water/micro set mixture (no more than a 50% mix) to get a bit more softening of the decal sheet and then you can mold the finer details into the contours of white body.

Hope you catch the custom body bug.;)

These were the peel and stick kind, I did find that using a water & dishsoap solution on the body I could move the decal into position and stretch a little, but still found it difficult to get it all to line up.
I do have the fever, I already have something different on its way that I hope to make a very unusual mini z.