PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho Light Kit Voltage? (MZW429R)

BitChar-G
2017.10.23, 02:40 PM
What voltage does this kit use? Can I give it 4.8 volts directly?

Reason being is I have an MA-020VE, the port where the light kit would normally plug into on the "Sports" chassis is used for the ICS on the "VE" chassis.

I have to wire the kit directly if I want to use it. I know I won't get the two stage braking tail light, was looking forward to that :(.

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/LED-Light-ClearRedfor-MINI-Z_p_23442.html

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/thumbnail.asp?file=assets/images/mzw429r.jpg&maxx=640&maxy=0

xmodcanuck
2017.10.24, 05:29 PM
There are other led light kits that'll work with the ics plug. Atomic has an older one with 4leds (expandable to 8leds) that for sure that does (I have it). They also have a newer (more expensive) version with 9leds and a programmable board.
I think Eagle also has one, not sure how that one plugs in though. There's also a r246 light kit which looks to have an ics plug.
And I think there's one made by gtpower that might work, but not 100% sure.

There are options that'll get you the dim/bright headlights/brake lights that you're looking for.

BitChar-G
2017.10.24, 11:44 PM
There are other led light kits that'll work with the ics plug. Atomic has an older one with 4leds (expandable to 8leds) that for sure that does (I have it). They also have a newer (more expensive) version with 9leds and a programmable board.
I think Eagle also has one, not sure how that one plugs in though. There's also a r246 light kit which looks to have an ics plug.
And I think there's one made by gtpower that might work, but not 100% sure.

There are options that'll get you the dim/bright headlights/brake lights that you're looking for.

I'm guessing these all have external boards to process data coming out of the ICS connector and translate that data for the lights?

Reason I liked Kyosho's kit is it simply plugs in for power, everything is done internally.

Though the functioning brake lights are cool, I can do without it. I'm going to try and figure out if the pin out of the ICS socket or Gyro socket can directly power the kit, would just have to rewire the kit if so.

Will look into the kits you mentioned, good to know that kind of data comes out of the ICS socket in real time.