PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the new line of NML motors

jeffrey
2002.09.12, 11:23 PM
Hey all

I made this thread to see if the new line of NML motors work the same with everyone!

My motor has a whole lot of top end but is lacking a bit on torque!

but the motor I got isn't the top of the line new breed motors!

I'm planning on putting it in a BB can and some neos!

I wanna read opinions people, don't be shy!

maxedoutcc
2002.09.13, 02:28 PM
I didnt know nml was making them without the bb cans, hmmm... oh well, I got one of his new drag motor's. I still have to send back one of my evaders for the upgrade but just haven't made the time.

All I can say for the motor I have is WOW. With a set of NICD's this thing f'ng hauls arse. I run a 6 tooth and the way he made this motor when I accellerate I have to go from a rolling start due to soo much torque. It almost feels that when the second fet of the turbo kicks in it causes nearly uncontrollable torque steer.

by far better than the evader bb drag motor he sent me before.

Brian

wrcracer
2002.09.13, 09:31 PM
yea, im really impressed with my drag motor. the only drawbacks i can see is that the DRAG motor requires nicads. nimh cells just dont have the punch, and nicads are a pain! lol, anyway, i HIGHLY recommend NML motors to anyone who asks.

Mark K
2002.09.16, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by wrcracer
yea, im really impressed with my drag motor. the only drawbacks i can see is that the DRAG motor requires nicads. nimh cells just dont have the punch, and nicads are a pain! lol, anyway, i HIGHLY recommend NML motors to anyone who asks.

Why can't you run the DRAG motor on nimh cells?

jeffrey
2002.09.16, 03:59 PM
nimh cells don't deliever as much punch as the nicads!

the nicads give more kick or punch so it better suits the drag motor

Mark K
2002.09.16, 04:18 PM
I see, thanks!

I was under the impression that Ni-MH battries were the ones that gave more power over Ni-Cads. Guess i have a lot to learn about battries :D

maxedoutcc
2002.09.16, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Mark K
I see, thanks!

I was under the impression that Ni-MH battries were the ones that gave more power over Ni-Cads. Guess i have a lot to learn about battries :D

nicads= short run time/high output

nimh= longer run time/lower output

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.09.16, 07:51 PM
Both Maxedoutcc and WRCRacer are correct. Even in 1/10th scale Drag Races, Nicads are still preferred over NIMH, due to their higher output.

Draconious
2002.09.16, 08:35 PM
The higher out put is VERY effective on 6 8 10 12 and more celled battery packs but on 4 cells it dont matter quite as much... if we can prove the Mini-Z can truly handle 6 volts we MIGHT be able to cram a 5th NIMH on there... ;)

maxedoutcc
2002.09.17, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Draconious
The higher out put is VERY effective on 6 8 10 12 and more celled battery packs but on 4 cells it dont matter quite as much... if we can prove the Mini-Z can truly handle 6 volts we MIGHT be able to cram a 5th NIMH on there... ;)

I'll be the first to contest good ole drac :) .... I can personally say from experience with nml's motors that there is a HUGE difference between nicd's and nimh with his drag motors.

Brian

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.09.18, 11:40 AM
The DRAG motor, especially, FLIES with my Big Block V8 conversion.

Before I forget to mention: Thanks guys for the compliment. This means a lot because all my hardwork has resulted in something right. I will continue to further the R & D'ing on mini Z hand wound motors to bring the mini Z community high quality, high performance NML Racing Specialties.

mini-z
2002.09.21, 08:36 PM
I'll be the first to contest good ole drac .... I can personally say from experience with nml's motors that there is a HUGE difference between nicd's and nimh with his drag motors.

NML is correct; I have a much cherished set of Squat Zapped NiCads, which I have carefully trained to discharge at 4A. If I were to use these in a stock car vs. a stock car with NiMHs, I assure you that my car would be about 15-20% faster. I used to use these in a stock F1 and outperform F1s with X-Speeds.

Draconious
2002.09.21, 08:43 PM
That was MaxedCC that said that...

And if you note the "it dont matter quite as much... " part... it does matter... but it matters more in what brand your comparing the nimh and nicads too... if you buy high vold nicads hell yes its gona matter, but then you have to go through the trouble of KEEPING them running at that voltage... discharging etc.

I would rather just put a 5th NIMH cell in there some were ;) or some other way of amplifying the voltage with caps fets etc...

Russ
2002.10.03, 01:02 AM
I've got NML's new version "Road Course" motor. I sent him a video of the track I go to and he wound it specifically for that track.

http://www.skateescape.com/russ/miniz/RussAtTrack.mpeg

I am impressed, and then some. At the end of that long straight, I'm through the next corner when others are 1/2, some even 1/4 into the straight. Noone can touch me in the straights, and there is so much power coming out of the turns, it's unreal. I've actually had to adjust my mad style to it because I need to come off the throttle and get on the brakes earlier than all my other motors.

I will say that it doesn't have much from a standing start, but when the car is rolling, even maybe a few miles per hour, it'll take off like a rocket. I wasn't expecting too much low end on the motor because, well, watch the video and you will see, it is a very fast track that the motor was designed for. (that isn't the nml in the video.. that is a GPM torque MZ039 w/ apex turbo R - tis the video I sent NML to show him my track)

I am 110% satisfied, and I will definately be a repeat customer!!

Thanks NML!!!!

mini-z
2002.10.06, 11:24 AM
Great vid Russ, would be nice to see one of other Zs on the track with you for a comparison - looks nice and fast though!

Tango
2002.10.06, 12:07 PM
Mostly, NiCD had higher punch...

But I found 1 type Ni-MH with Panasonic is performing a lot better then NiCD in Punch & Run time.

That's not a ordinary type of AAA cell where it should be used on mobile phones on Ericsson 788 series.

It's a 600mAh pack & at 5A dsicharge, can still have 1.16-1.17V average volt.

Try to find it at your side where here in HK, no stock already & all racers still wanna get it.

mini-z
2002.10.06, 02:29 PM
Tango, any part number/info or pics on that battery?

jeffrey
2002.10.06, 08:26 PM
nimh sticks back!:D

baseline
2002.10.06, 10:00 PM
i'm guessing if you can find a store that sells ericson 788 series then you can find the batteries! i'll keep my eyes peeled

mryung
2002.10.07, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by mini-z
Tango, any part number/info or pics on that battery?

It's a plain green in appearance, just a little longer than normal AAA, and flat at both end. You have to solder a little at the + side.

I remember that it is a 650mAh battery, more punch!

Tango
2002.10.07, 02:51 PM
Here you are the pic~

http://www.oneson.net/images/DSCN7676.JPG

Mugen
2002.10.07, 04:48 PM
Russ,

Cool video of Fernando's track and the MiniZ running on it. We should get a few videos of us running together to put up here. I would love to see a NML motor running on that track.

By the way...what car has the record these days? Hehehe....

But, who holds the record? LOLOLOL!!!!

Bryan

herman
2002.10.08, 01:12 AM
tango, mryung...

thank you again for the info... you mentioned that it is a bit longer than the original aaa... will it still fit in the mini-z? what about charging cycles? is it still ok to charge using powerhaus rapid charger? or do you use high tech charger?

thanks for any info

Tango
2002.10.08, 08:59 AM
The total length of the cell = regular AAA cell but, as it's +ve ned didn't tip up, you'll need to solder something on it.
So, the overall length will then extend by around 0.5-1mm.

it's still fit on mini z & can use any AAA charger to charge it~

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.09, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Russ
I've got NML's new version "Road Course" motor. I sent him a video of the track I go to and he wound it specifically for that track.

http://www.skateescape.com/russ/miniz/RussAtTrack.mpeg

I am impressed, and then some. At the end of that long straight, I'm through the next corner when others are 1/2, some even 1/4 into the straight. Noone can touch me in the straights, and there is so much power coming out of the turns, it's unreal. I've actually had to adjust my mad style to it because I need to come off the throttle and get on the brakes earlier than all my other motors.

I will say that it doesn't have much from a standing start, but when the car is rolling, even maybe a few miles per hour, it'll take off like a rocket. I wasn't expecting too much low end on the motor because, well, watch the video and you will see, it is a very fast track that the motor was designed for. (that isn't the nml in the video.. that is a GPM torque MZ039 w/ apex turbo R - tis the video I sent NML to show him my track)

I am 110% satisfied, and I will definately be a repeat customer!!

Thanks NML!!!!

WOW!!! Russ, you made my day man, and so did WRCRacer, Maxedoutcc, Jeffrey. Thanks guys!! I've been so busy with things outside of the Z scene, and to go back to this forum and come across this again really made my day, and now you gonna make ma wanna unpack all my supplies and get back on track. hehe.

Let me know when you wanna try out the Drag motor. It will burn the motor you have now. I promise.

Thanks for the very much appreciated compliments. I will have to print these out and put on display or frame it. lol. Thank you.

Herman,

I hope the motors you bought from me meets your expectations. If there is a problem, I would like to hear. Would appreciate it if you can share your opinions. Thanks again, man!!

jeffrey
2002.10.09, 03:07 PM
Hey NML did you get my e-mail concerning a motor?:(

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.09, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by jeffrey
Hey NML did you get my e-mail concerning a motor?:(

to be honest, I may have, but have not had the chance to reply. will try to respond tonight and no later than this week. Sorry bro. too many things on my plate right now.

herman
2002.10.10, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by NOMOTORLIMIT
Herman,

I hope the motors you bought from me meets your expectations. If there is a problem, I would like to hear. Would appreciate it if you can share your opinions. Thanks again, man!!

nml... i sent you an email a couple of days back... actually i'm quite disappointed... hehehe not!!! man your motors rock!!!

i'm still finding how to set up my car to handle the speed... you were right in telling me to use freshly charged batts... initially i used one of my older nimh and well it didn't last that long, and power was just so..so...

then i used one of my newer batteries and man... the car just zips... haven't got around to the nicads just yet, only 330mah available here, so i can expect a very short run time...

torque is way to cool and the track seems a whole lot shorter now because of all that speed behind the motor... i even geared down from a 9t to a 7t... power is instant, and i've never gone full throttle... you'll need a very light trigger finger... gunning it only 1/4 - 1/2 of the trottle, too much and the wheel spins wasting energy, not to mention your tires... i've only tried out one of your motors thus far... and there's 2 more to go...

me satisfied? you betcha...

jeffrey
2002.10.10, 09:21 PM
hey herman how much was the motor you just described?

Sound pretty good and hows the top end?

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.11, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by herman
nml... i sent you an email a couple of days back... actually i'm quite disappointed... hehehe not!!! man your motors rock!!!

i'm still finding how to set up my car to handle the speed... you were right in telling me to use freshly charged batts... initially i used one of my older nimh and well it didn't last that long, and power was just so..so...

then i used one of my newer batteries and man... the car just zips... haven't got around to the nicads just yet, only 330mah available here, so i can expect a very short run time...

torque is way to cool and the track seems a whole lot shorter now because of all that speed behind the motor... i even geared down from a 9t to a 7t... power is instant, and i've never gone full throttle... you'll need a very light trigger finger... gunning it only 1/4 - 1/2 of the trottle, too much and the wheel spins wasting energy, not to mention your tires... i've only tried out one of your motors thus far... and there's 2 more to go...

me satisfied? you betcha...

Herman,

I am glad that you are satisfied. It is important for me to know that my Creations meet a True Z-Racer's expectations. I wish you lived nearby, so I can rebuild your motor after a few months. I am working on another new design. It is because of customers like you that make me strive and further improve my motor designs to bring to true Z-racers like you high quality, high performance hand wound modified motors. Thank you again, for being a highly valued customer.

Jeffrey,

I gave him a deal on the motors because he lives far from me.
Just give me a little more time, and I will give you a break too. Thanks. You have been a loyal customer, and giving you a good deal as a return customer is the least I could do.

Thanks again guys.

Breeze
2002.10.11, 03:49 PM
Hey There NML,
How's it going? YGM- Can't wait to see that motor, dude. I know
it is gonna be awsome. Thx

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.11, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Breeze
Hey There NML,
How's it going? YGM- Can't wait to see that motor, dude. I know
it is gonna be awsome. Thx

Breeze,

I know you are probably mad at me by now. I am very sorry for the super delay. I will be finished setting up, and your Drag Motor will go out on Monday. I promise, I promise, I promise. Move, and some other personal things, I had to get out of the way. I am now situated and will resume normal production. Thanks for being patient with me, Breeze. BTW, I now know at least 5 people who are ready for a mini z race. This does not include their friends, who are also mini z fanatics.

:)

Breeze
2002.10.11, 06:32 PM
No problem at all, my friend.
Don't worry 'bout it, I'm not mad, just anxious to get that motor in my z and be totally amazed. The track is ready!!! Yea!!!

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.11, 06:37 PM
Breeze,

that sounds good. Now, I gotta order some servo gears from mzr.com. I only have one working Z. And I removed the turbo because of the V8 conversion. I might (if time allows) install 7 (14 total) fets on one of my z this weekend. IRF7389's.

Breeze
2002.10.11, 07:27 PM
Hey NML,
14 FET's? Krazy man. I have 12 and it is a tight fit. when I installed them, I removed the big black box(455k x-tal filter)
to make it easier. What a pain, the circuit there is double-sided.
The pin sockets are thru-hole and soldered on both sides.
I kind of chewed up the case trying to get it out. I thought I may have damaged it internally. after about 5 minutes on my small office track, the car glitched real bad and then went crazy-no control. I took out the PCB and ck'd it and the antenna wire
was hanging by a thread. Resoldered and every thing is ok now.
Anyway, don't try and remove that big black box.
ZYAL8R

Tango
2002.10.11, 07:29 PM
NML:
get 1 pair more.
build FETs in a multiple of 2 will get better result.
That's why my no.1 car is upgrade from 3 stack to 4 stack & I kept my no.2 car with 2 stack.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.11, 08:16 PM
Thanks Breeze and Tango! I have 14 fets total. I plan to put 7 for each. The reason I want to put 7 is to see if this will handle my experimental motors which I plan to put in production in the near future. I also have to get in touch with mr. E, so we can come up with a really good formula (motor/fet upgrade combo).

ScottMcLeod
2002.10.11, 08:24 PM
NML... you need some option of having a testing circuit that will determine how many fets the motor will require.

A bunch of FETS, and a bunch of LEDS that will light up as each fet is put into use, and something that can detect when each fet reaches it's limit, and adds another to the circuit.

jeffrey
2002.10.11, 11:10 PM
Draconious and wedge will have to put their head together for this one!:D

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.12, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by ScottMcLeod
NML... you need some option of having a testing circuit that will determine how many fets the motor will require.

A bunch of FETS, and a bunch of LEDS that will light up as each fet is put into use, and something that can detect when each fet reaches it's limit, and adds another to the circuit.

Hey Scott, how u been man? Hope all is well. Since the fets are stacked up together, I believe they all work at the same time. But I will be doing stacking in the near future to test some of the latest motors I've designed. These designs are focused on Z's with FET upgrades. That is good idea though.

ScottMcLeod
2002.10.12, 04:22 PM
Exactly... they all work together. What you need to do is have some kind of monitor that can predict if a fet stack is reaching it's limit... and every time that happens, it adds another fet into the circuit.

herman
2002.10.14, 01:15 AM
nml...

just wondering if an internal turbo can take your motors? i've got 6 irf7389 fets (two 3 stacks... ) in one car... would that handle it? just wondering

jeffery...

i told nml i'd be mum on how much the motors cost me... he actually gave me a really good deal, and i'm sure he'll do the same for you... as for the performance, the 44' straight at the track seems really shorter now with that motor (even with a 7t pinion - was originally using a 9t, but it didn't seem that it suited the track, so i went down to an 8t and down again to a 7t as nml suggested in his letter)... it was really cool, nice top end, instant power, torque is ok too, no regrets...

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.14, 10:04 AM
Hi Herman,

Thanks again for the input. I recently bought 14 irf7389's. I plan to do a 7 stack fet. If you like, you may wait for me to the stacking to find out how many is good for the motors I sent you. If you plan to use the drag motor, I definitely recommend stacking up (make if 6 - 7 each stack). I will keep you posted. Thanks Herman.

Cappy KD
2002.10.18, 11:11 PM
Now I can give my opinion on NML's motors. One Word SWEET. Thanks NML Awesome Motor! I'll be ordering another for my other car after I do the internal Turbo.

Kirk

jeffrey
2002.10.19, 06:24 AM
there's not a word that describes my motor!:D

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.20, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Cappy KD
Now I can give my opinion on NML's motors. One Word SWEET. Thanks NML Awesome Motor! I'll be ordering another for my other car after I do the internal Turbo.

Kirk

WOOOOHOOOO!!! Dude, your comments made my night!!! I think my girlfriend thinks I'm CRAZY. I'm just happy that you like the motor. Please don't hesitate to contact me when you wanna go even faster.

jeffrey
2002.10.20, 04:33 AM
NML I know your a busy person but have you chaecked your e-mail?

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.20, 04:46 AM
Hey Jeffrey,

yeah, i did. I thought i responded. I will send the intercooler kit next week. Same goes for Russ, WRCRacer, and who else? I will try to send Herman. hopefully, he'll receive it. Sorry for the long wait. been very very very very busy.

Cappy KD
2002.10.20, 02:46 PM
WOOOOHOOOO!!! Dude, your comments made my night!!! I think my girlfriend thinks I'm CRAZY. I'm just happy that you like the motor. Please don't hesitate to contact me when you wanna go even faster.

I'm running it with a 9 tooth pinion and I can barely keep the back wheels planted. This is a QUICK Motor. Awesome!! I tried a 7 tooth like you suggested but I can't get any traction AT ALL! Can't wait to order a Full on DRAG Motor.

Thanks,
Kirk

jeffrey
2002.10.20, 07:19 PM
CappKD try a 12T on your motor!

I use one and it flies without nicads!

jeffrey
2002.10.21, 01:24 AM
NML can you send money through a bank accout with paypal?

you have mail!

herman
2002.10.21, 06:52 AM
.....I will send the intercooler kit next week. Same goes for Russ, WRCRacer, and who else? I will try to send Herman. hopefully, he'll receive it...

hdcotf!!!! thats (herman doing cartwheels on the floor)... wooohooo!!! you're the man... what is this intercooler kit??? oh yeah i'll send you my shipping address through email... thanks in advance

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.21, 01:16 PM
I was just going to release an article regarding this.

New Release: Super Sonic Series intended for 5 cells.

Me and one of my customers/friend have made recent breakthroughs on 5 cells.

I have designed motors intended for 5 cells. These are for drag racers that want some SERIOUS SPEED.

These motors will be called Super Sonic Series.

The 5 cell motor is called Sonic BOOM.

Breeze
2002.10.21, 01:57 PM
Hey There NML,
I recieved my motor Saturday. I have'nt had a chance to run it yet.
Will my 12 FET upgrade handle it, or should I run my twin turbo.
I can't wait to try it. THX Oh yea, BTW I'm ready to set up a race
GTG w/ you and your z-friends. This Sunday or next. I'll come to
you. let me know.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.21, 04:04 PM
It should be okay, Breeze. But I would suggest trying to go one or two runs and feel the fets, if they are at all getting hot.

I think with 6x2 fets, you'll be just fine.

This Sunday is not good, cuz we are going camping. Me, my girlfriend, my buddy, his wife, my other buddy and his girlfriend as well.

Perhaps the Sunday after that?

Let me know how the motor/12 fet upgrade turns out. Thanks.

Breeze
2002.10.21, 06:42 PM
This Motor is absolutely Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't wait to try it so I ran it out in our asphalt parking lot @
work. Unbeleivable!!!!!!! Almost totally uncontrollable w/all the
bouncing on the rough pavement. It still had to be going about
25 mph. Gobs of tourque too. I used the Twin Turbo W/the big
transistor FET's. After about 5 minutes it was just warm. I am completely amazed. I am now gluing my tires on the wheels because they just keep flyin' off. Can't wait to get it on a tennis court and let it all hang out. Thank you so much NML.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.21, 06:55 PM
This Motor is absolutely Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't wait to try it so I ran it out in our asphalt parking lot @
work. Unbeleivable!!!!!!! Almost totally uncontrollable w/all the
bouncing on the rough pavement. It still had to be going about
25 mph. Gobs of tourque too. I used the Twin Turbo W/the big
transistor FET's. After about 5 minutes it was just warm. I am completely amazed. I am now gluing my tires on the wheels because they just keep flyin' off. Can't wait to get it on a tennis court and let it all hang out. Thank you so much NML.

hehe. thanks, Lara!! I was just having a rough day, and here's your comment that just MADE my day!!

The Drag can be ran continously, as long as there is room for top end, or open throttle. Please be advised that the new Super Sonic Series Motor is the fastest motor I am currently producing, in case you want to go even faster.

Sonic Boom Drag Motor now available.

jeffrey
2002.10.21, 11:06 PM
where does your speed end?

your name is NOMOTRLIMIT not NOSPEEDLIMIT!

great jod keep it up, I'm sure you'll be remembered like the hachi roku is!

Ken Mifune
2002.10.21, 11:25 PM
NML the aNiMaL...

-Good Craftsmanship- The arm is wound nicely with the wires epoxied or glued in place. Nothing swinging out of place here. The wires are soldered neatly to the comm.

-Quality Materials- The arm has a bigger stack than stock or X-speed. The comm is also beefier. Heavier duty wire tabs and retaining ring with thicker comm plates.

-Performance- Torque is fantastic! Top end Rips!

-Downsides- Almost none. I had the tiniest bit of glue or Epoxy on one magnet, and the arm could use the slightest bit of balancing, but when compared to the balance of other arms, NML's arm is on par.

-The Verdict- All-n-all... as Astro(the dog) would say... "rit Ruckin Rocks!"

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.22, 02:38 AM
Thank you very much, Ken!! Your feedback is highly valuable.

That is correct. Warranty is voided. LOL!!
:D

Let me know when you are ready for more speed.

New Release: Super Sonic Series;)

Breeze
2002.10.22, 04:30 PM
Last night I went down to an outdoor basketball court in a nearby park. The surface is very smooth concrete. I ran my new NML Drag Motor using freshly charged nimh 700's. I took a chance and relyed on my 12 FET internal turbo upgrade. I couldn't beleive the performance I got. After about 1 minute of running
I ck'd the bottom of the chassis w/ my WCFT (well calibrated finger tip) to see if it was getting warm. I didn't want to take the PCB out to ck the FET's. Everything was normal- no heat. I continued to run back and forth, round and round the court @ full throttle. Ck'd it again after 5 minutes-no heat. I ran my Z for about 25 minutes before the batteries began to dump. This thing
is so fast and yet so easy on batteries. At the end the batteries were just barely warm-unbeleivable. And the motor was the same
temperature as the batteries. This court is full size and it only took about 2.5 to 3 sec. to run the length of it. I ran an 8t pinion,
stock spur, 25 degree tires and Viper body. I am going to go again w/ my video camera and mark off 50'. I will set the camera display to show time code and then I will be able to verify my
50' run time as well as top speed on the full court. I will also experiment w/different gear ratios. My car didn't reach it's top speed until about 3/4 of the way down the court. I am completely and utterly impressed.
Thank you NOMOTORLIMIT.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.22, 05:59 PM
Breeze,

Wow!! Words can't express how I feel when someone is happy with something I made with my two hands. I am very happy that you like the motor. I look forward to the day we all will meet. Who knows? Maybe I will spend the day making motors for each and everyone of us. hehe. Thanks again for the very much appreciated feedback on my creation. Hope to win your business again one day.

I'm just an email away. Thanks.

mini Z modifier
2002.10.25, 08:06 PM
hey NML. are you going to come out with any more powerful motors than you have right now??? how many rpms do they have???

jeffrey
2002.10.26, 07:13 PM
The sonic boom series is the fastest motor he has!

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.10.29, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by mini Z modifier
hey NML. are you going to come out with any more powerful motors than you have right now??? how many rpms do they have???

thanks Jeffrey. good lookin' out.

MZM, I can make you a motor that will tear up your track. Just send me the money. This time, via paypal

mini Z modifier
2002.10.29, 10:19 PM
how much will you charge???

jeffrey
2002.10.30, 03:41 AM
how much do you charge is not the question, Its how fast are you willing to go and how much are you willing to spend?

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.11.04, 09:31 AM
I recently made some changes in my design for the road course motor. I have given it MORE torque without sacrificing top end.

How the motor performed: On a high traction tract (concrete with sand paper effect) I was drifting. With the rear wheels actuall spinning as I was turning.

Acceleration: Like no other compared to other mod motors for mini Z.

Top Speed: 25 - 30 feet is nothing. It takes no time to get from one end to another. Needs a bigger track.

The DRAG Motors will be the same in the near future. More torque without loss of top end.

This is an ongoing thing for me. Like computers technology keeps advancing. Same goes for my motors. It keeps getting better and better.

Breeze
2002.11.04, 01:14 PM
I witnessed this first hand @ the GTG in L.A. Nov 3. NML's motors
are like nothing you have ever seen on a Mini-z.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.11.04, 02:31 PM
I witnessed this first hand @ the GTG in L.A. Nov 3. NML's motors
are like nothing you have ever seen on a Mini-z.

Thanks, Breeze. Your track is SWEET! I can't get over it. lol!!

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.11.07, 01:03 PM
And yet another design to raise the bar a few notches again.

Introducing the Ultimate Road Course Motor. This is part of the Super Sonic Series NML motor. It is called Mach-7SS (Mach-7Super Sonic)

- This is compared to the motor that I used over the weekend. The guys know how fast it was.

- Improved torque up to 35% - Very sensitive and PUNCHY.
- Improved top-end up to 25% - Top End is Unbeatable.
- Durable Construction
- NML Exclusive Armature
- High Temp Wire
- Special Compound Handcrafted Brushes
- Long Life

dohc
2002.11.11, 12:58 AM
the sonic boom DRAG MOTOR is unbelievable!! out of all the motors ive gotten from NML, ive also had the latest version of his road course, its nothing compare to this! its about maybe 2 or more times faster than last weeks motor test! if you was there with us today running mini z's, you'd change your mind about the old motors made by NML and purchase an update version of sonic boom drag motor v??. my fets i had was about hm...tall installed by NML but promote MYSTERE's TURBONETICS and also powered by nomotorlimit. hey NML, i have yet to test out your latest version on those motors!! sheez, i wanted to have the best!! but yet if i wait, it might be faster than today ;d. also keep me inform about that deal ;]. thanks NML!

-dOhC

jeffrey
2002.11.11, 01:59 AM
damn and i thought the road course was fast!

whats the run time on the drag series?

jeffrey
2002.11.11, 07:52 AM
NML you have mail and a new order!

dohc
2002.11.11, 08:38 AM
hey jeffery, since your in hawaii, its good for you to get people into mini z there. talk to nml about bulk sales on his motor, well thats just my 2 cents. the drag motor i have, we ran it in the tennis courts. we wanted to run it in the hockey ring but no luck. sonic boom NML drag motor is the WAY TO GO!! maybe next time ill bring a camcorder and tape it, prove to you once again how amazing these motors are. it was fun though, it would be cool if mr. e and them joined but next time ;D. well im off to get drunk so peace all!

jeffrey
2002.11.11, 08:45 AM
my question still remains whats the run time?

AND what tooth were you useing?

dohc
2002.11.11, 09:08 AM
i was runnin a 7 tooth, as for the run time i havent timed it yet. here is the picture of my mini z (inside, also notice i dont use alloy parts ;] hint hint) tweaked out by NML and MR. E

jeffrey
2002.11.12, 04:36 AM
what happened to the big black square thing?

surpassed 666!:D

dohc
2002.11.12, 11:24 AM
it came to a suprise that today, when i ran the new sonic boom drag motor by NML, as i gunned the car going at a fast rpm while driftin, my plastic stock skyline bearing gap towards the spur gear broke off. i guess it couldnt handle the power anymore. so anyone running a sonic boom drag motor, my suggestion to you is alloy rims. ;] my 2 cents...here is a picture

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.11.12, 04:14 PM
This is not a sales pitch or anything. If necessary, I will post my mini Z with 12x2 stack fets.

12x2 and above is the way to go, if you want to fully unleash the full power of NML motors.

12x2 Combined with an NML Super Sonic Road Course Motor, nobody, and I mean nobody can and will touch you. It is terribly fast. TORQUE GALORE, AND TOP END GALORE!!!

If you want to go super fast, and plan to keep up if not, beat a micro rs4 (with orion BB or 180 motor) on a drag race, then get the Sonic Boom Drag Motor. The Sonic Boom Drag Motor is like a 130 sized motor on STEROIDS.

Run Time: 30+ minutes for Road Course, and 25+ minutes for DRAG.

dohc
2002.11.12, 04:21 PM
well from what i've seen, i think drag motors are the way to go. its not much fun with the road course :o maybe others have diffrent opinion on what they want or not, but you'll see the diffrence either drag or road course. and you know what i suggest, drag race! if you know how to control your car well, then you can eventually use your drag motor in a road course (cheat on the long run) but turning and etc will be difficult :D. i wish people out of so cali can be there to join us and see how much fun we have!

dohc
2002.11.12, 04:25 PM
oh yah nML, i think 13x2 is the most you can put, i know you said you put more than that but my theory is that the more fets you stack up, the more power it'll suck out from your batteries. when i run the car, i get about 10 min lap time, motor/pcb/fets = not much heat, just the batteries, intends to heat up very rapidly :o cant wait til tomorrow!! and also i have about 2 pcb with servo assembly on its way rod, so help me out agen ;d, ill talk to you about it later what imma do ;]

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.11.13, 07:19 PM
Yet, another new innovation:

Introducing the FUSION Series! This will be one hard set-up to beat. DRAG OR ROADCOURSE.

More details to follow. To the party involved, please don't mention anything yet, other than this is the ULTIMATE WEAPON. Thanks.

It's official:
Below are the finalized Names for my whole line of motors.

SuperSonic Series:
Sonic Boom Drag Motor
Mach-7SS Road Course Motor

FUSION SS Series:
FUSION SS Drag Motor
FUSION SS Road Course Motor

jeffrey
2002.11.13, 09:37 PM
hey NML which road course will I be getting?

the mach-7SS or Fusion SS

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.11.14, 01:50 AM
Jeffrey,

Your motor is done. I just need to mail it out. You are getting the Mach-7SS. It is fast and you will be one tough guy to beat once you run it, as long as your driving skills can keep up with it.

Power?: Let's just say it can do DONUTS on super rough concrete (like tennis courts, and cement) like there's no tomorrow.

Mr. E likes his and so does DOHC.

Psyklops
2002.11.14, 02:02 AM
Hey NML...is the Fusion SS Drag a 4 cell motor? Also, are 8x2 FETs enough for it? If this is the case, then this is the motor I will order from you in approx 3.5 weeks...I will email you. Otherwise, what drag motor would be suitable for a 6x2 setup? I have just sent MrE a PCB and some FETs (could not be bothered installing what I want) and I will be at a minimum a 6x2, but I have a yet to be confirmed reqeust for 8x2. So there you go.....either way, I can guarentee I will buy a Drag motor from you soon

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.11.14, 03:00 AM
Psyklops,

I promise you that it's like no other. Ask Mr. E, and DOHC especially. hehe.

I recommend that you go 8x2 and above.

here's the real scoop on the fusion. FUSION is a MR.E/NML Joint Venture. We have been getting together, to come up with the ULTIMATE, UNTOUCHABLE Formula for those who want explosive performance. It is now available to those who want to take their mini Z to a whole new level. I just ran tonight with DOHC and a little bit with Mr. E, and I look back, and I say to myself, NML, you've come a long way in such a short time time. You've done it. I see my creations constantly evolving, that even I am amazed. And all of the changes I've made just keeps getting NML motors better and better.

Psyklops
2002.11.14, 03:03 AM
We have been getting together.

So how much beer is consumed when you get together? hehehe:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

dohc
2002.11.14, 09:41 AM
more like puff puff, pass it around hehe

Breeze
2002.11.14, 01:17 PM
Hey DOHC,
It's all good- hehe

Psyklops
2002.11.14, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by dohc
more like puff puff, pass it around hehe

Awwww what?!! Now i really am missing out!!!:D :D :D One of my favourite pastimes LOL!!!!;) ;) :D :cool:

MysterE
2002.11.14, 10:00 PM
Mr. E likes his and so does DOHC.

Like it?? I friggin love it!!!!! hehehehehe;) :D

MysterE
2002.11.14, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Psyklops
Awwww what?!! Now i really am missing out!!!:D :D :D One of my favourite pastimes LOL!!!!;) ;) :D :cool:

Stoners United!!!:D :cool:

jeffrey
2002.11.15, 01:52 AM
damn this is my thread and I can barely keep up with it!

Psyklops
2002.11.15, 01:57 AM
hehehe....Jeffrey has lost control of his thread...I wonder if it is the same with his Z? hehehe J/K:D :D ;) :p :rolleyes:

jeffrey
2002.11.15, 05:40 AM
I can never lose control of my Z! Maybee with NML's road course, But not with any motor I have!

NML ha my road course gone out yet?

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.11.18, 01:59 AM
Jeffrey,

your motor went out yesterday. Should be there no later than Tuesday. Email me first before running it.

to those concerned: NEW BREAKTHROUGH: World's Fastest Naturally Aspirated Mini Z!

Psyklops
2002.11.18, 02:05 AM
Jeffrey...now you WILL lose control of your Z!...LOL, and hopefully next month I will too!!! I do look forward to it NML!:D :D ;)

jeffrey
2002.11.18, 02:15 AM
will e-mail when I as soon as I get the motor! hey I might stay home from school tuesday!

I think I can handle the speed! Latley I've been running my NML with a 14T!

Psyklops
2002.11.18, 02:18 AM
Yeah I look forward to it!..you know I am just kidding anyway, most of us here know about throttle control..Zs can be so twitchy;)

jeffrey
2002.11.18, 02:25 AM
what you say is true!

Cian
2002.11.18, 06:17 AM
to those concerned: NEW BREAKTHROUGH: World's Fastest Naturally Aspirated Mini Z!

N.A.?? as in, non turbo?? Tell me More.....

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.11.18, 10:57 AM
Cian,

My apologies for the misunderstanding. My definition of Naturally Aspirated is a Modded Mini Z with all the original pcb and servo. No hacking like the Beast where 1/10th scale electronics are used. I guess a more accurate name would be street legal.

So I now have three types of Mods:

1. The Beast which uses 1/10 electronics and a Johnson Motor

2. 5 Cell External Turbo (Turbo 3) - To be used with Super Sonic or Sonic Boom Drag Motor

3. 5 Cell Original PCB - To be used with Super Sonic or Sonic Boom Drag Motor

#'s 2 and 3 are intended for my Sonic Boom Motors.

I will be selling two Brand New Ready sets with all the Speed Upgrades availble.

I am working on a system where the Racer can use either 4 cells or 5 cells. Depending on Contest. 5 cells for Drag or HUGE Tracks, or 4 cells for small tracks.

Psyklops
2002.11.18, 02:40 PM
NML, will the motor you have in mind for me be 4 or 5 cell or both?
I am curious as to your 5 cell hookup method for the ESC..

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.11.18, 02:47 PM
yes, the motor is going to be for this application. Will mail you info and kit along with your purchase

Psyklops
2002.11.18, 02:50 PM
this is gonna be too cool...5 cells!! i must ask though...do you include the AAA battery holder? I have not been able to find single AAA ones, just AA singles

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.11.18, 03:21 PM
It's more than just a holder, Psyklops. Details will only be shared with customers like you because the motors on the market are not intended to take above 5 cells anyway.

Me and Mr. E (especially Mr. E) are coming up with new things never thought possible with the mini Z.

Psyklops
2002.11.18, 03:44 PM
sounds tasty NML......my Z awaits your treatment

wrcracer
2002.11.18, 04:42 PM
Power?: Let's just say it can do DONUTS on super rough concrete (like tennis courts, and cement) like there's no tomorrow.
damn, my NML new line road course motor does this with drac's neos. i wonder what the SS series will do with drac's neos? :D

also, lemme get this straight: youre gonna run 7.5v thru a stock PCB? you GOTTA tell me how youre gonna do this, cause as far as i know, a stock PCB can only take 4 cells...

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.11.18, 04:46 PM
that's correct, but me and Mr. E have been developing ways to "SQUEEZ" the 5th cell. heh, heh, heh.:cool:

Breeze
2002.11.18, 04:55 PM
Hey wrcracer, YGM

jeffrey
2002.11.19, 03:40 AM
I didn't get any 5 cell applications with my motor!

could you e-mail the info when you reply to mah e-mail?

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.11.19, 08:06 PM
I am happy to hear that Jeffrey got his motor today. He shared some good things with me via aolim. thanks Jeffrey.

I asked him how it was from a scale of 1 - 10 and he said 10, later on he revised his rating to 100. WOW!! thank you Jeffrey. I'm glad you like the new SuperSonic Series. This design has been tested against motors being sold here in the US and HK, and the results were very positive.

dohc
2002.11.19, 09:28 PM
but of course. i suggest the beast ;D

jeffrey
2002.11.20, 03:42 AM
hey NML I'm going to have you arrested!:D

you stole the words I was going to post!:p

what NML says is true, I completely outran an X-speed with neo's and a BB can running a 12T and also his 15T on a drag race with my 6T! NML I know you told me to use it with an 7-9T but the torque is just MAD and it really can do dougnuts on the tennis court and rough pavment! I have not yet reached the top end of this motor due to how high the topend is and how long it takes to get there! this motor is CRAZY it screams let's race!

If the Mach-7SS is this fast then I wonder how fast the SS & Fusion Drag motor is?

dohc
2002.11.20, 08:22 AM
:o

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.11.20, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by jeffrey
hey NML I'm going to have you arrested!:D

you stole the words I was going to post!:p

what NML says is true, I completely outran an X-speed with neo's and a BB can running a 12T and also his 15T on a drag race with my 6T! NML I know you told me to use it with an 7-9T but the torque is just MAD and it really can do dougnuts on the tennis court and rough pavment! I have not yet reached the top end of this motor due to how high the topend is and how long it takes to get there! this motor is CRAZY it screams let's race!

If the Mach-7SS is this fast then I wonder how fast the SS & Fusion Drag motor is?

You gotta try it against motors that are more than an X speed, Jeffrey. ;)

also, are you gonna try your 50 dash? to see if you improved? Last time you told me, you were doing 2.3 I believe.

The Sonic Boom Drag Motor is approx. 30 - 33% faster than SS

Psyklops
2002.12.28, 07:24 AM
OK I now have one of NMLs latest....a 5 cell drag motor. Revs like there is no tomorrow, bags of torque, i actually have torque twist in the rear end now that is sometimes uncontrollable!:D.Mystacool had a go and was mighty impressed....I have an 8 tooth on it now..gotta go for 9-10 . this is on 4 cells! Hmmm....I will of course post my opinion after the 5th cell addition...i wanted 4 cells first for a good comparison. But even on 4 cells, this motor rocks! :)

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.12.30, 01:45 PM
OK I now have one of NMLs latest....a 5 cell drag motor. Revs like there is no tomorrow, bags of torque, i actually have torque twist in the rear end now that is sometimes uncontrollable!:D.Mystacool had a go and was mighty impressed....I have an 8 tooth on it now..gotta go for 9-10 . this is on 4 cells! Hmmm....I will of course post my opinion after the 5th cell addition...i wanted 4 cells first for a good comparison. But even on 4 cells, this motor rocks! :) Definately worth the money;)

Psyklops,

you got mail! You'll soon see how we (DOHC, Myster E, Breeze, NML, Nico, Cleaner Z) run our Z's here in Cali.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.12.30, 02:31 PM
I forgot to mention: I will be making a total of 20 motors and will send it to MZR.com.

After this 20, I will take a LLLLLong break from motor making. SNOWBOARDING Season is IN!

RC's will have to take the back seat for now.

Psyklops
2002.12.30, 08:43 PM
LOL! It HAS to be raining today doesn't it...just about to hook up to 5 cells and it is rather wet outside....now I gotta go out to hunt for a decent undercover carpark!....after the 5th cell is installed.....anyway thanks NML for the mail:), and I will as stated B4 report back with MHO of 5 cells over 4 when running the NML SS Drag...man this should be pretty sweet!:Dhehehe;)

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.02, 06:50 PM
Hey Psyklops,

how's the weather? Has is cleared out yet? I hope when we do our next g2g here in Cali, that it doesn't rain. We've been getting a lot of it here as well. Unusual.

Have you tested the car yet? keep us posted. thanks.

MazdaSpeedRX-7
2003.01.04, 10:24 PM
Do any of you guys have pics of your mini-z's with the 4 or 5 cell applications.

Thanks

wrcracer
2003.01.04, 10:33 PM
mazda boy, 4 cells is stock :)

EDIT: that came off kinda harsh. its not meant that way

Psyklops
2003.01.06, 03:09 AM
I s'pose I'd better post my honest opinion of 5 cells....bloody amazing. It was initially uncontrollable, as the rear tires were squirming around on the rim and causing instability, and eventually I lost a tire. They were 20s BTW. I chucked on some 50s as they hold the rim better and don't squirm around. The moment the tires were changed the car was easy to drive, and became very predictable. I was running an 8 T pinion. The Z was probably topping out at about 30 MPH/45 KPH...guesstimate of course. The surface was smooth but textured concrete. I only managed to get through one set of batteries as when I put the second set in, about 2 minutes into the run, my servo gear broke....first one ever ;), and I have had my Z for 6 months:). So anyway, 5 cells is quite satisfying.;)

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.06, 01:57 PM
Thanks for your input Psyklops.

I am in near completion of my fastest Mini Z ever. Will definitely bring it to our get together this coming Sunday.

This is pretty much the ultimate set-up. Made further improvements on my motor design which increased both torque and topend by up to 30%.

Mystacool
2003.01.06, 05:05 PM
I s'pose I'd better post my honest opinion of 5 cells....bloody amazing. It was initially uncontrollable, as the rear tires were squirming around on the rim and causing instability, and eventually I lost a tire. They were 20s BTW. I chucked on some 50s as they hold the rim better and don't squirm around. The moment the tires were changed the car was easy to drive, and became very predictable. I was running an 8 T pinion. The Z was probably topping out at about 30 MPH/45 KPH...guesstimate of course. The surface was smooth but textured concrete. I only managed to get through one set of batteries as when I put the second set in, about 2 minutes into the run, my servo gear broke....first one ever ;), and I have had my Z for 6 months:). So anyway, 5 cells is quite satisfying, and

And what????:confused:

Psyklops
2003.01.06, 05:10 PM
I don't know what you're talking about:confused: :confused: ;) :p :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Breeze
2003.01.06, 05:14 PM
Good one, Psyklops :D

Mystacool
2003.01.06, 05:43 PM
Yeah,Psyklops...good one:D

NML, I'd just like to say that Psyklops setup sux...I don't stand a chance against him and that's just with 4 cells . I was just about to have a go of his 5 cell demon when the servo gear snapped.

Nice motor. It blew the rest of us off the road.;):D

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.06, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Mystacool
Yeah,Psyklops...good one:D

NML, I'd just like to say that Psyklops setup sux...I don't stand a chance against him and that's just with 4 cells . I was just about to have a go of his 5 cell demon when the servo gear snapped.

Nice motor. It blew the rest of us off the road.;):D

Thanks Mystacool. I do my best to make sure valued customers get what they pay for. Hope to have your order one day.

but why does Psyklops set up sux?

sorry bout your servo gear, psyklops. I hope I was able to warn you. I got the same thing on my first few runs, but I was able to tame the beast so, no more broken servo gears.

hope all is well with you guyz.

Mystacool
2003.01.06, 06:36 PM

but why does Psyklops set up sux?

Sorry NML, it sux because it's giving my Z an absolute caneing. I can't compete.
I was being sarcastic in saying it sux. When I finally get some $$$ to improve my Z it will no longer suck 'cos I'll be able to race against Psyklops, but at the moment there's no point 'cos his Z is so fast!;)

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.06, 07:00 PM
Ahh, I get it. :)

Let's blame it on Psyklops for his hunger for SPEED! hehe.

Psyklops,

I hope you're enjoying your Super Sonic. Thanks again.

Psyklops
2003.01.07, 01:04 AM
Ahh, I get it. :)

Let's blame it on Psyklops for his hunger for SPEED! hehe.

Oh ya...it's ALWAYS my fault;)..that's y most ppl keep their distance;)..they never know what I might get them into:D:Dhehehe

Mystacool
2003.01.07, 05:21 PM
Yep...it sure is always your fault...and don't you forget it! Because of you , i now want a fifth cell added to my Z along with massive FET stacks...and possibly an NML motor of some description just as long as it's faster than yours!:p :D ;) :eek: ;) :cool:

The Married One
2003.01.07, 06:32 PM
Yes....I am waiting for Psyklops to get his order in and then the fet fest will begin with a 5th cell of course....Took my car for a spin last night..going nicely at this stage:D

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.07, 08:05 PM
my question for Psyklops is how he likes his SS motor even with only 4 cells.

would you be willing to share your opinion on this, Psyklops?:)

Psyklops
2003.01.07, 08:20 PM
OK I now have one of NMLs latest....a 5 cell drag motor. Revs like there is no tomorrow, bags of torque, i actually have torque twist in the rear end now that is sometimes uncontrollable!:D.Mystacool had a go and was mighty impressed....I have an 8 tooth on it now..gotta go for 9-10 . this is on 4 cells! Hmmm....I will of course post my opinion after the 5th cell addition...i wanted 4 cells first for a good comparison. But even on 4 cells, this motor rocks! :)

Already done NML ;)

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.07, 08:24 PM
ooops, my bad. I lost track. thanks, Psyklops.:)

Mystacool
2003.01.07, 08:35 PM
Yep, but I haven't had a go on 5 cells yet due to broken servo gear...but I have seen it running on 5 cells and it goes nice and hard.
4 cells was impressive,but after seeing 5 cells......well let's just say I wouldn't be satisfied with 4 cells anymore:p :D ;)

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.08, 12:49 PM
I felt the same way. The good thing about this set-up is you don't even have to drop back down to 4. Just use the 6 tooth. Still is faster than any other. fastest would best describe it.

Breeze
2003.01.09, 03:51 PM
I have been running this little gem for a month now and I am
completely amazed. With a 12x2 FET internal upgrade
(Fusion style- all fets under the hood) on 4 cells, a 7 tooth pinion
and foam tires on commercial type office carpet, the car will do
dohnut after dohnut continuously. Unbeileivable tourque and
great top end. Now I found out last night that even more design
improvements have been made to this line of NML motors which
yeilds about a 20% increase in performance. Rod-you da man!

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.13, 04:51 PM
Thanks, Breeze for being a repeat customer. I'm glad you like my work.

MysterE
2003.01.13, 04:59 PM
The two motors that I got from him 2 months still flys!! I don't know how you do what you do but you go BOY!!!!:D :D :D

I got the FETs and will give them or ship them to you!

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.13, 05:47 PM
thanks bruh. I'll pro'lly just pick em up from you, and have a game of pool, perhaps? heh, heh.

just thought I'd mention:

Myster E is one lucky man! He's got a beautiful wife, who's supportive in what he does, and she is most def. a cool person!!

when you're cool, you meet cool people. Word!!

MysterE
2003.01.13, 05:55 PM
TY very much!!

You're always welcome at my pad, you know! I still have some of the heinekens eh!!

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.13, 06:40 PM
bruh, nothing's further from da truth. I just tell it like it is. U guys are cool peoples.

Dang, I can have one or four of those Heinekens right now!

mini-zfuel
2003.01.18, 12:59 AM
nml can you build me the ULTIMATE non turbo motor??? I have heard the eventually made again mzr.com a-bb SE is THE BEST BUT I WANT ONE NOW!!!
let me know soon

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.22, 08:03 PM
Minizfuel,

I don't really focus on non-turbo motors, because it won't be considered as a Modified Motor. I make Modified Motors, not stock.

If you really want one, I can make you one, but it will be the same price of $55.00, shipped. let me know if you wanna proceed with this. Thanks.

mini-zfuel
2003.01.24, 03:43 PM
nml, how about buliding me the ultimate stock motor for my supra??? I am going to order an a-bb from david, but I am sure you could custom make me one that would kill it...:) let me know ok...or will you only do modified / turbo stuff???

mini-zfuel
2003.01.24, 03:46 PM
damn!! $55 for a STOCK motor???:( well I will pass on that deal... its not about the cash, just not worth it to me at this time... maybe later for the best modified you got though...:) looks like I will definately wait on davids creations...:) hopefully the a-bb or a-bb SE rocks!!!

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.24, 05:28 PM
I know it sounds kinda off, and I apologize for that. Since you are one of the few who inquired about a non-turbo motor, how about $32.00, shipped? I don't plan to sell a line of stock motors, but if you really want it.

Comes with a 3 month overhaul, which means your motor is good as new.

arch2b
2003.01.24, 05:31 PM
whatever happened to your overland motor project? haven't heard anything about it for a while.

mini-zfuel
2003.01.24, 05:33 PM
nml for $32 what will I get??? wouldnt mind some specs, how much better will it be over the a-bb mzr.com motor??? any help would be great as I heard you are the best...especially over the mini-zworkshop place...:)

Breeze
2003.01.24, 05:37 PM
My friend you have no idea. :D You should order a NML stock motor rightaway.

mini-zfuel
2003.01.24, 05:43 PM
just seeing what I will get... I believe he is the best, but I want to check her out first you know what I mean???:) I have no doubt it will blow ANY stock motor out of the water...:)(thats the plan anyway:))

Breeze
2003.01.24, 05:49 PM
Not meaning to answer for NML, but probably a handwound
armature that is balanced in a BB can. The MZR motors are machine wound- no comparison. Plus a complete rebuild after
3 months. Do it man!! Buy an MZR non-turbo motor and compare.
I know you will be amazed.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.24, 06:28 PM
Thanks Breeze for your input. I do my best.

Regarding Overland motor, I don't have an overland yet, which is the only reason I'm stalling on it. If anyone would be willing to send their overland to me, so I can come up with a good motor, that would be nice. In return, the volunteer only pays for cost of all mods done on his/her overland.

mini-zfuel
2003.01.24, 09:38 PM
so nml what will I get for the $32??? I still would like to know... breakdown of motor, parts etc...:)

Cleaner-Z
2003.01.26, 01:53 AM
Tell us! What will he get for $32? Mini-Zfuel, to tell you the truth I've known this master piece creater for quite sometime now. I'll tell you a little short story. Once upon a time in a land far far away (probably 10 miles away from NML house) I, the first Mini-Zer around my neighborhood, was suffering from constant pain from being defeated by my friend's Micro RS-4. So I went online just like any other good law biting citizens and search every where for a quickie (meaning a quick upgrade for cheap, oh god at that time I thought the light kit was something that will make my Mini-Z weight lighter, that's how "Mini-Z dumb" I was) when I stumble across his first line of motors (at that time he only have the "Ultimates") so I e-mailed him to see if this so called "Ultimates" are really legit. We exchange e-mails for a bit then I went to meet him for the first time where they had a Mini-Z get together run back in Nov. 3. He introduced to me the other line that he had made, the "Evader", which was what I was looking for anyway. I wanted the "Evaders" and not the "Ultimates" because I race the Micro RS-4 on a short track and I need top end torque and not top end speed. He tore my baby up by installing this unknowing thing called "TLP Twin-Turbo" because he said that the Evader will run best with that particular type of turbo. Like a sucker, I believed him and allow him to violate my baby some more (oh what the hell, my baby is resting in his house as we speak, what a bad father I am... For shamed!!!). 10 hours later (just kidding, actually it was like 15 minutes), he gave me this weird looking thing that I had no idea what it is, almost like a being of pure energy waiting to be unleashed. I tested it up at the parking lot area which I would like to call it "Ground Zero", because that's where everything had started for my baby Mini-Z, and I couldn't believe how fast it had gotten, twice or maybe even three times faster than it was before. I went to my Micro RS-4 amigos soon after and I, in a way, gave them something to talk about. The reason why I said "in a way" because asside from beating them they keep running my Mini-Z over because I'm always in front of them and they can't stop in time, my poor baby... :( Ever since then I go and see him once in a while and I get a special privileged to try out all his prototypes. I probably tested out way more motors than he had for his line ups but I have to admit that everytime I tested his new prototype motors it always get better. It's like he would said that he want better torque on this motor and he delivers it because I see them with my own eyes. Sometimes he didn't really do too well on some motors, hey we're only human, I would honestly tell him because that's what friends are for and I want him to bring out top quality that he can product and not some half-work job thing, I wouldn't expect anything less from this man but the best. He wowed me a lot with the "Beast" and other things that he wouldn't tell people he did but then again if the source (he himself) wouldn't let out any information, I don't believe I should either. So in conclusion, as I was saying, so that's how I went on a date with Ashanti... Wait a second, that discussion should be on a later day and time and on another forum... O.K., enough foolishness, all I'm saying is that NML will deliver the best motors that you will ever expect from any other motors out there right now. I can't make you believe me on what I say but I do speak the truth. Take it or leave it, that's all up to you now mi amigo.

And that concludes the story of my sad pathetic life,

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.28, 12:54 PM
Cleaner Z,

thanks bro. hey, you better not have any plans for this sunday 02/02/03. It's the G2G. Will finish your car this week. Drop by on Wednesday, if you have the t'zime.

Mark K
2003.01.29, 12:08 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread on this but i have to say a MASSIVE thank you to both NML and MysterE for providing me with the most awesome FET and motor upgrade, guys that Fuzion upgrade is FAST!

I took my Z to the empty office unit at work (totally empty, nothing to hit, nice clean flat carpet!) and it rip....man did it fly, all the guys at work couldn't believe how fast it was, i can even get the damn thing to do some nice drifts on occations! very cool.

The FET upgrade that MysterE did was the best piece of soldering i have ever seen, looks like a machine did it! It's that good, as for the motor, damn those magnets are strong!

the upgrade is very :cool: and anyone thinking of making their Z go faster talk to these guys as they are the kings.

Thanks again guys, one very happy customer here in the UK.

MysterE
2003.01.29, 12:49 PM
Very Much Welcome and Thanks for the Wonderful Compliment!!
I'm pretty sure that when NML sees your post, like what I felt, he'll say that you just made his day!! :D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

I'm just very glad that you're very pleased with the FUZION!

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.01.30, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Mark K
Didn't want to start a new thread on this but i have to say a MASSIVE thank you to both NML and MysterE for providing me with the most awesome FET and motor upgrade, guys that Fuzion upgrade is FAST!

I took my Z to the empty office unit at work (totally empty, nothing to hit, nice clean flat carpet!) and it rip....man did it fly, all the guys at work couldn't believe how fast it was, i can even get the damn thing to do some nice drifts on occations! very cool.

The FET upgrade that MysterE did was the best piece of soldering i have ever seen, looks like a machine did it! It's that good, as for the motor, damn those magnets are strong!

the upgrade is very :cool: and anyone thinking of making their Z go faster talk to these guys as they are the kings.

Thanks again guys, one very happy customer here in the UK.

We are very honored to perform the Fuzion upgrade on your car, Mark. I don't think people have a clue as to how much power the Fuzion provides, and we are always appreciative of those who believe in us. Thank you again. I'm just an email away, if you need me. nomotorlimit@hotmail.com

Cleaner-Z
2003.02.01, 04:52 PM
I am confirmed and ready for Sunday. Eventhough I didn't know about it until yesterday night. I can't wait to see how my baby will run. She had never let me down before. Oh yeah, NML, I forgot that I'm going to use the red AE86 body tomorrow right? Ha ha ha!!! The Drift King (in training) is here!

Muahahahahaha!!!,

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.02.03, 01:41 PM
hope you had fun, Cleaner. :)

dragz
2003.02.04, 11:28 PM
hey nml & mystere

your motor/fet combo totally rocks! i didn't know if i should have broken it in, but i did anyways. now my mini-z is so fast, i can't floor it because i haven't found a tire/ground combination that'll let it grip to the surface yet! amazing sh**!

we made all the kids jealous in japantown in LA by playing with them in the yaohan parking lot structure... the japanese guy who worked at autofreak said "i have never seen this kind of performance before!"

for everybody else: just get one, and u'll know what's up. nml/mystere fuzion combo is the best. thanx dudes & it was fun racin'!

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.02.05, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by dragz
hey nml & mystere

your motor/fet combo totally rocks! i didn't know if i should have broken it in, but i did anyways. now my mini-z is so fast, i can't floor it because i haven't found a tire/ground combination that'll let it grip to the surface yet! amazing sh**!

we made all the kids jealous in japantown in LA by playing with them in the yaohan parking lot structure... the japanese guy who worked at autofreak said "i have never seen this kind of performance before!"

for everybody else: just get one, and u'll know what's up. nml/mystere fuzion combo is the best. thanx dudes & it was fun racin'!

Wow, J, Thank you for the compliments. We are honored to perform the FUZION upgrade on your car. I get really happy when I hear or read comments like this, and I'm sure Myster E feels the same way too.

I will most likely be heading up north on the 16th for *******'s track grand opening. I will be making motors between now and then so I can hopefully sell them to other racers up there. If I do go, I would like to meet with you and some of my other highly valued customers who also have the FUZION.

Without you guys, again, we are nothing. Thank you for your support, and because of this, we will continue to find ways to make the mini Z's reach a level not thought possible, if we haven't done so already. Keep in touch bro. And don't forget to holler at us when you're in town. Thanks.:) :cool:

Cleaner-Z
2003.02.05, 04:35 AM
But I can't wait for the next one to come. When are we going paintball by the way? NML, don't avoid my request, I ain't chopped liver you know? Ha ha ha...:D

dragz
2003.02.05, 05:21 PM
thanx nml :) it was great meeting you and all the other guys! it's been a while since i've had THAT much fun!

if there is something on the 16th, u can be sure i'll probably go since it's president's weekend! wait, maybe i have a wedding to go to... i'm not sure, but in either case, i'll try to meet up with you guys.

i would be more than happy to meet up with my fellow bay area enthusiasts! we should plan more events!

Cleaner-Z
2003.02.05, 06:47 PM
I haven't run my Z for a very long time as well. You can see that my driving skill sucks on Sunday. I better practice before the 16th or I will be embarrassed again. I usually don't run tracks because I believe in letting my baby run wild and free... Ha ha ha. O.K., enough B.S.

Hee hee hee,

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.02.08, 01:26 PM
And yet another motor tecnology breakthrough!!

Beginning today, I will be offering the Special Edition Super Sonic Series Motors.

The brushes on these motors are Shunted. By installing the shunts, more current is able to make it to the motor, less resistance, more power.

Cleaner-Z
2003.02.08, 01:54 PM
Made with "No Limit" in mind, I see... Are you going to do what I mentioned to you a while ago? You know? You make the motors and I keep all the money so we can move to Boston and live our dreams... Ha ha ha, just kidding. But seriously though, do you remember what I told you back when we were walking on that trail by the Griffith Park? You can do that, right? Check into it though.

dragz
2003.02.08, 11:50 PM
nml + mystere

i ran 38 kph on the tamiya speed checker @ tokyo tekki. my car literally pulled on every other car out there, including ones equiped with turbo's and pn01's.

thanx! i want one of your new ones!

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.02.10, 12:03 PM
nml + mystere

i ran 38 kph on the tamiya speed checker @ tokyo tekki. my car literally pulled on every other car out there, including ones equiped with turbo's and pn01's.

Thanks, Drag Z. I won't be able to make it up there this weekend. I might go to Vegas instead. I will definitely let you know when I head up there.

The Tamiya Speed Checker is not an accurate Device because it doesn't take torque into account. Some motors maybe faster in numbers (kph), but on the track, it's a different story. Tokyo Tekki did mention he noticed your car had a lot of torque. I told him that he should see the car on bigger tracks/spaces, where the motor can open up and reach its top speed. :)

Thanks again, for joining the TEAM FUZION!

MysterE
2003.02.10, 12:12 PM
nml + mystere

deng, sounds amazing. This is only what people should expect when they have the FUZION on their Z as our goal is to be ahead of everyone.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.02.12, 03:53 AM
And yet another NML Motor Design.

http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=62295#post62295

For those who use the GPM Motor mount with two mounting screws for the motor.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.02.13, 12:00 PM
http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6857

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.03.11, 03:53 AM
Introducing my very latest release!!

35 percent faster, more powerful than the Super Sonic Road Course. Let's just say, it's like putting an extra battery (5th cell).

This is called the SS DIABLO series. Will be available early to mid April.

Very very powerful in all power ranges!!

2003.03.13, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by mryung
It's a plain green in appearance, just a little longer than normal AAA, and flat at both end. You have to solder a little at the + side.

I remember that it is a 650mAh battery, more punch!

my 700mah rayovacs make my ol to tuff to control outta the corners on tile and carpet burnouts on both surfaces and doughnuts on tile with 11t pinun

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.06.21, 05:17 PM
The results are already available, but it's up to Kai to post the videos. We did videos of each run, and my Fuzion motor, compared to minizracer.com was close to 2 mph faster than MZR. It doesn't sound like a lot, but on the race track, believe me, it is. In scale, that's 56 mph faster.

I have to email MZR regarding the Z130Sbb to exchange it, because the performance of the Z130Sbb dropped drastically, no matter how much I cleaned it. I never opened the Z130Sbb because however way I clean my FUZION motors, is the same way I cleaned the Z130SBB. And that's by spraying motor cleaner towards the comm. When my motors drop in performance, I'm able to restore original power by simply spraying it with motor cleaner. Z130SBB don't seem to respond well to this method. And the only other option is to open it up. But that's a hassle.

I even added comm drops, but the power it once had when it was brand new, simply won't come back. So, I'm going to return his motor and ask for a replacement, if he allows. This is probably just a unique case, and I'm sure a lot of people are happy with the Z130Sbb.

Another reason why I haven't asked Kai to post the results is because I just came out with a new one, which is the SuperSonic Pattern Wound or SSV.2. I don't plan to introduce this to the market the way I normally do, which is announcing it in the Motor Tech Section. I simply have arranged for minizworld.com to carry my motors. I'm not sure if Dave would want to carry it as well.

As we speak, with the Z130SBB in the condition that it's in, my Fuzion motors remain faster, but I strongly believe in giving it another shot. Maybe the motor (Z130SBB) I bought simply is a unique case. It doesn't hurt to do another test.

Philip from PN racing will be joining us on our future G2G's so, he can run his motors vs. all others.

Don't get me wrong. Akura2, Blind, and even Kai said the Z130Sbb is pretty good when they first saw it run, but they haven't tried nor seen it in it's present state. It really decreased in performance a whole lot, while my motors pretty much remain the same. So, I'll email mzr.com and hopefully, he'll let me exchange it, because I feel that this is a unique case. If it happens again, then there's definitely a problem. That's all.

And plus I made changes in the way I wind my motors, which is why I haven't been posting. I am finalizing it, so that people won'tb be complaining that I keep coming up with new ones every month (a bit exaggerated, but a good point).

Ken Mifune
2003.06.22, 02:06 AM
...the performance of the Z130Sbb dropped drastically...
...I even added comm drops, but the power it once had when it was brand new, simply won't come back.
...with the Z130SBB in the condition that it's in, my Fuzion motors remain faster...
...Akura2, Blind, and even Kai said the Z130Sbb is pretty good when they first saw it run, but they haven't tried nor seen it in it's present state. It really decreased in performance a whole lot...
...I keep coming up with new ones every month very subtle indeed. bravo.;)

Breeze
2003.06.25, 06:34 PM
I have one of NML's latest design motors and I must say it is truly
faster than anything I have tried so far. My C5R was doing tourque rolls in the middle of the high speed sweeper on my
carpet track. I had to change the set-up and front tire compound
to reel it back in. Way to go my friend. Bravo!!:D ;)

crx420
2003.07.01, 09:30 AM
i got a 2nd generation fuzion motor, and the way its made its the best quality motor ive seen, although none of my spacers seem to be the exact size to get the pinion gear to line up on the diff.

i can use tape i guess but im afraid it will dissolve or something when the motor gets too hot. is there an after market spacer pack i can buy that might include a .5 spacer for the motor clip?

Breeze
2003.07.01, 10:21 AM
Just use a business card cut to the size of a spacer. You can cut it to twice the size of a spacer and fold it then put single size
pieces in layers in the fold to get the right mesh.

crx420
2003.07.01, 10:25 AM
Just use a business card cut to the size of a spacer. You can cut it to twice the size of a spacer and fold it then put single size
pieces in layers in the fold to get the right mesh.

good idea, thanks

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.07.01, 11:57 AM
thanks guys for the compliments. I forgot about the paper trick. Thanks, Breeze.

I am looking into using a new can. It will be as good as Kyosho Originals, but the price will definitely be more.

I will post a picture asap.

How's the speed and torque on your motors, overall?