PDA

View Full Version : Mini-ZRacer.com v2.0

mini-z
2002.09.14, 11:16 PM
We're working on some new features for the site, Shop, etc. - your feedback is valuable, please post any ideas, requests, feedback to this thread and we'll see what we can do! :)

jeffrey
2002.09.15, 01:34 AM
A little section in the shop for NML and DRAC showwing what's for sale!

A section for our 50' dash times!

Slonik
2002.09.15, 02:55 AM
Some more skins would be nice too...this gloomy black one is getting old.

le-manz
2002.09.15, 04:26 AM
a rookie FAQ section.

how to install turbo, where does the batteries go, why does my finger smell etc etc:D :D

Ox1de
2002.09.15, 03:58 PM
A Chatroom and a how to do page would be nice.O and umm maybe like a track database for all the tracks and locations and stuff that would be cool.

ultrawide
2002.09.15, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by le-manz
a rookie FAQ section.

how to install turbo, where does the batteries go, why does my finger smell etc etc:D :D

yepp! a FAQ would be nice

//uw

Slonik
2002.09.15, 08:29 PM
also maybe like a "ask an expert thingy" where there will be questions for all the mini z pros. Like if its a motor question it'll go to like Draconiuos or NML or something.

mini-z
2002.09.15, 10:19 PM
Cool, many of these are already in the works - keep it coming guys!

herman
2002.09.16, 02:28 AM
hmm they all sound like good points... i'd like to see an all tips only page (tried and tested tips that is) - (hmm this probably sounds like a begginers faq page, but anyway... here goes...) it could have the following sub categories:
- electronics, motors, turbo's, etc.
- wheels, tires, suspension, handling and steering
- bodies (decal tips, painting tips, customizing tips - model kits
other than kyosho autoscale cars)
- msc, etc., etc. ...
this will hopefully eradicate multiple questions being asked over and over, and over, and over again.... not that we don't like to answer them over and over and over.... but it would at least be up and available for everybody to see...

maybe a parts up for review section (ala westf1) would be in order...

a picture gallery featuring thumbnails of member's cars...

a tracks list section showing track info, contact numbers, stuff like that..

in addition to "view new posts" add "view your posts" that way you can look at your posts that you've answered or awaiting answers...

a new color for the background would also be pleasing... something soothing to the eyes please...

how about this... "what my car would look like with those wheels?" page... it would be an interactive thing... i know it would be a bit of a hassle but... i guess it would be quite satisfying.... here's how it's supposed to work...

pic(or click) on a car, pic (or click) on a car color, then pic (or click) your rim selection.... finaly a picture of the car with the corresponding rims comes out revolving 360* (ala tripmate's mid 24 - chasis pic) to give you a quite interesting view of the car all around.... , right side view, front view, left side view, rear view... (whaddya think?) i know it's kinda pain to do since there are a lot of bodies and rim combinations... but i guess it'll be fun to do... and see if and when it's finally finished...

hmm... these are the ideas that i have at the moment... anybody else?

Draconious
2002.09.16, 02:52 AM
The IRC/JAVA chat room page ;) -- I can do the page in like 2 minutes... if U have a template to add it to.

herman
2002.09.16, 03:06 AM
yeah a chat room... and maybe accepting payment through credit card??? or other options since our country doesn't have any paypal...

jeffrey
2002.09.16, 03:14 AM
off topic:
drac do you have your magnets yet?

NOMOTORLIMIT
2002.09.16, 06:11 PM
In case someone hasn't mentioned:

Here are my suggestions:

Have a permanent page for FAQ's (which include basics to advance topics) and How To's (brews, modifications) . This will save time and bandwidth because the same questions won't be asked over and over again.

Chat room would be great!

Draconious
2002.09.16, 06:33 PM
Soon.... (too off topic here)

A faq is good but no matter how good it is, the questions will still be asked ;)

herman
2002.09.16, 10:22 PM
hmm... why not have an interactive faq page? type in a question, and it'll show possible answers, and discussions/threads etc... that might be related to thier question... if all esle fails...

"your question will be posted and will be answered by a pannel of experts... you will be contacted via e-mail for your answer. thank you and have a nice day."

:rolleyes: :confused:

mini-z
2002.09.21, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm very pleased because most of these ideas are already in the works, even some of the more complex ones. Btw, we can take CC now if anyone is unable to use PayPal, just email us for details. Thanks!

mini-z
2002.10.06, 01:36 PM
Btw, we are also looking for people to contribute articles, tips, news, etc. - please let us know if interested.

ScottMcLeod
2002.10.06, 03:26 PM
I'd be interested in helping. (i'm sure we can assume the help of certain other people as well... Everyone is in support of getting rid of some of the repetitive "i'm new, how do i do _____" posts...)

2EZ
2002.10.07, 08:59 AM
Listen the question are what makes this a good place to visit even when they are sometimes repeated often new better answers come the second or third or tenth time a question is asked? You never have to read a post you don't want to! I like the idea of a FAQ and an orientation area telling the new people how to use the forum could be a requirement. I learn new things every day. My number of posts is low but if ya tracked my reads that number would be up there. I think the site is great but would like more photos in the shop. I have few complaints for all the great information this site provides I am glad it is here keep up the good work Mini-Z and crew

Draconious
2002.10.07, 10:14 AM
Lets have a forum channel that will be void of silly posts, deleted the second they are made, we can toss well written high-info threads/replies into this forum area... these would later be turned into a faq. I would say make it read only, but we might need to reply to them, unless you can make it possible to DUPLICATE a thread, copy it into the faq-zone, instead of moving it... that way replies can be made on the original, and if they pertain they too can be copied.

Then should a very very common questoin be asked, we can lock the question, and link them to one of the pertaining threads... so they can ask in there as reply or someting.

ultrawide
2002.10.12, 07:03 PM
Dave, what I really miss are " what's new" in the shop.
I feel sorry to say this, but it's a pain to look around everything and trying to remember what was there when I last look around.

//uw

arch2b
2002.10.13, 12:18 PM
i think a faq/how to section is necessary. for the record, i always try to search before posting a thread.
i think the way to avoid repetitvie questions in a beginners/faq/how to section is to change the way it is interfaced. newbies don't always take the time to read thru or do a search before posting as everyone would like, so maybe you can combine the search and beginners/faq/how to section areas into a more interactive beginners/faq/how to section that begins with a search dialoge box matching you to relavent threads. this would force the use of the ever helpful search button that seems to get neglected.
i for one would love a how to section having bought parts without directions and tools (powerline). i'm glad i use the search button, found most of the answers without having to post.

herman
2002.10.13, 11:41 PM
arch2b

good suggestion... hmm i always thought it was a toyota vitz and not a fitz though...

another suggestion... why not put post date on them topics... that way we can see how old them posts are...

arch2b
2002.10.14, 10:56 AM
thanks for catching my typo. corrected.

herman
2002.10.15, 09:28 AM
sorry to be off topic...

arch2b... here's a link to my vitz...

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2239

mini-z
2002.10.15, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Draconious
Lets have a forum channel that will be void of silly posts, deleted the second they are made, we can toss well written high-info threads/replies into this forum area... these would later be turned into a faq. I would say make it read only, but we might need to reply to them, unless you can make it possible to DUPLICATE a thread, copy it into the faq-zone, instead of moving it... that way replies can be made on the original, and if they pertain they too can be copied.

Then should a very very common questoin be asked, we can lock the question, and link them to one of the pertaining threads... so they can ask in there as reply or someting.

Excellent. This is what we've been doing at TinyRC.com too. Here's the FAQ section:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=42

What I need you guys to do is start searching for and nominating classic threads to be duplicated over to that section. Thanks guys! :D

mini-z
2002.10.15, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by ultrawide
Dave, what I really miss are " what's new" in the shop.
I feel sorry to say this, but it's a pain to look around everything and trying to remember what was there when I last look around.

//uw

Good point! I had rather forgotten about those announcements, I will attempt to make a point of continuing that old habit in the future, thanks for the reminder!

mini-z
2002.10.15, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by arch2b
i for one would love a how to section having bought parts without directions and tools (powerline). i'm glad i use the search button, found most of the answers without having to post.

This is an excellent suggestion; we have Installation Guides for a few parts, but a comprehensive section would be fantastic. Is there anyone who has both the knowledge of how most parts are installed, as well as the ability to draw nice diagrams/take nice pics, who could head up this effort? Thanks!

Kevin
2002.10.22, 08:16 AM
How about an option to send out a daily digest (or individual emails) like a listserv? This may not be feasible with as many members and posts there are but I would love to be able to read all the posts on my Palm when I'm away from the computer.

mini-z
2002.10.25, 10:31 PM
Cool - or perhaps an AvantGo channel or similar?

mini-z
2002.11.04, 08:39 PM
In case people haven't noticed we've made some updates; there's still a lot to come, but check out the Gallery and other new features, and let us know what you think.

http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/

Do we have a volunteer to head up the FAQ project?

jeffrey
2002.11.05, 03:47 AM
I'll volunteer!

jes tell meeh what i gotta do!

ultrawide
2002.11.05, 03:39 PM
Now are we talking about style! :cool:

The shop looks clean, there is biger pictures and a nice layout! I'll give it 5 out of 5 Dave! But I don't have any left time to help out with the FAQ, my work takes the most of it :(

//uw

arch2b
2002.12.10, 09:41 AM
i love the gallery, the parts in use gallery in a great feature. i could have benifited from it when i started out, trying to figure out how to install some hop ups. the shop looks much better.

my suggestions,
can you have a link to a members album in their profile page and or the profile section of a post? i've read posts from members regarding custom bodies, parts, etc.. and thought it would be nice to jump there to check out more, provided they have an album. :)

arch2b
2002.12.10, 01:17 PM
also, i am no longer able to edit my posts? why has this been changed?

mini-z
2002.12.12, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by arch2b
i love the gallery, the parts in use gallery in a great feature. i could have benifited from it when i started out, trying to figure out how to install some hop ups. the shop looks much better.

my suggestions,
can you have a link to a members album in their profile page and or the profile section of a post? i've read posts from members regarding custom bodies, parts, etc.. and thought it would be nice to jump there to check out more, provided they have an album. :)

Thanks! Great idea RE the link, we're working on some integration between different areas of the site and forum accounts. :) For now, we recommend that users put a link to their gallery in their sigs. :)

minizmaniac
2003.04.12, 02:38 AM
my opinion would be to have a parts review section that is read only and, have just what the title says, various reviews for as many hop up parts as possible.

i also would like a news section that has more than just the standard new post stuff, dont get me wrong i really like that feature but i think we should be able to post a news topic such as new bodies coming out, mini-z championships etc etc.

i also agree on the idea of a faq :)

i hope you will consider my ideas

arch2b
2003.04.12, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by minizmaniac
my opinion would be to have a parts review section that is read only and, have just what the title says, various reviews for as many hop up parts as possible.

i also would like a news section that has more than just the standard new post stuff, dont get me wrong i really like that feature but i think we should be able to post a news topic such as new bodies coming out, mini-z championships etc etc.

i also agree on the idea of a faq :)

i hope you will consider my ideas

i agree. there is a parts review thread, it's just not seen alot.
review thread (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7199)
however it would be nice to see more. we will have to wait and see how the article section turns out.

minizmaniac
2003.04.12, 05:20 PM
i have seen the review thread and i think that the reviews are really good but i would like a more organized section and more reviews.
:D

mini-z
2003.04.12, 06:59 PM
minizmaniac, we will soon be adding a Moderated Reviews section that allows people to post well-written Reviews. We also just launched http://mini-zracing.com which will feature Reviews, but those will be for racing-oriented parts only. Mini-ZRacing.com will also have all of the body announcements etc. :D

ultrawide
2003.04.12, 07:09 PM
At last that mini-zracing.com get where it belongs! =)

//uw

mini-z
2003.04.12, 07:38 PM
:D

Sixstring88
2003.10.10, 07:48 PM
You need a video section where people can post up their own movies of stunts, speed runs, racing, etc.

Dark Horse
2003.11.26, 04:58 PM
Proper photos of all the stuff in the store would be good.

mini-z
2003.11.27, 09:28 AM
Thanks DH, we're working on it! :)

HammerZ
2003.11.27, 10:53 AM
How about a section for finished bodys like the autoscales,and a seperate section for the unfinished bodys. I think it would be much easier to find the one you are looking for. One other idea would be to list the suggested offsets for the bodys in question.

Or can do what I seen listed with 1/10 bodys, list the width at the front and rear for reference.

mini-z
2003.11.30, 01:18 PM
We're working on something kind of like this that I think will help. :)

ultrawide
2003.12.01, 05:52 PM
Maybe it's time to make a new topic in the forum; Mad Force, or maybe Mini-Z Monster? Dont think they are Overlands... ;)

arch2b
2003.12.01, 06:00 PM
this will come up sooner or later.... need for monster section;) ahhh, i remember the birth of the overland section:D

2004.03.05, 12:41 AM
a test forum would be nice and a padded cell of sorts to rant and rave in would be good too as i have quite a bit of steam to blow oww

austin89
2004.03.12, 04:46 PM
how bout u show the actuall picture of the products in the shop that would be big help

Maxfield
2004.06.11, 11:56 PM
I hardily agree with the last post. You need to have pictures of the items in the shop, not just references to the kyosho site or the gallery. For the average shopper, or someone not as dedicated as the forum members, they will go elsewhere where they can see what they are buying, and this usually is the largest segment of your business.

Get those pics up!

MattPaintballer
2004.09.26, 09:43 PM
Umm, for some reason I can't edit my posts and now a bunch of stuff (Reply button) that used to be blue is now red... Not a problem, just kinda weird? Also the shop is a bit hard to navigate...

Umm, I was wondering if you *might* get some new subforums? Like a forum named "Other Brands" or "Non-Mini-Z" and then you could forums like this:

Non-Mini-Z>IWaver>04>Thread: My IWaver is broken!!! What should I do?

Non-Mini-Z>Kyosho>Mad Force>Thread: Review for the best RTR Monster Truck!

arch2b
2004.09.26, 10:22 PM
all the iwaver models haven't even been released yet... no one want's empty section ;) by this time next year i'm sure the iwaver section will be full and subdivided. until then it's an exercise in futility.

there is a non-mini-z section... it's called mini rc (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)

there are sections already for all of the kyosho chassis's

the new red buttons are odd but it will just take some time to adjust. replacing the quote button with the rollover feature is actually cool. eliminates the need for one button

the shop is being worked on ;)

HammerZ
2004.09.27, 01:12 AM
I am looking forward to how the Iwaver section will come together.

Maybe there should be two main Mini-Z sections, the on road (F1, MR01, MR02, MR015 and maybe a hybred home built section) and the off road (Overland, and Monster. or whatever else). And in those sections the subdivision into the different chassis. Also arrange other topics around that, like new parts and setups. I still think that Custom Bodies can still be in the main section as a general topic.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.27, 02:32 PM
Just a wait and see issue now... it wont be too long before version 2 is released. :D

Mouse
2004.10.13, 01:43 AM
a rookie FAQ section.

Id have to second this one as I'm a newb to this scene and already see visions of $$ dancing out of my wallet.. Mouse

Ninja
2004.10.13, 05:09 AM
if you add the newbie FAQ section it would take away from us as veterans. we would have nothing to do alot of times. eh whatever

EMU
2004.12.09, 11:28 AM
Where has the edit feature gone? In most other forums that I goto, you can edit the posts for unlimited time. This comes in handy when you have a list that you continually update... I just finished typing a post, and wanted to add more information to it... (I usually add links and facts after I have written the post) but I couldnt edit the post 5 seconds after it was written.

The edit feature is the biggest, well... only problem that I have with this site.

Now that most of the Iwaver cars are released, it may be a good idea to subdivide the section... 01, 02, and 04 would be good enough. I dont think that there is a need for a parts/hop up section, since we can use the regular ones for that (since Iwavers are fully interchangable with Kyosho right now). In the future, if Iwaver steps away from Kyosho's shadow, then a seperate perts/hop up section would be nice.

edit: Now the edit button is here... very strange that sometimes it appears and sometimes it does not.

Also, time is off an hour... I tried changing the settings in user options, but could not get it to be correct.

ELMO4635
2004.12.23, 04:04 PM
I hardily agree with the last post. You need to have pictures of the items in the shop, not just references to the kyosho site or the gallery. For the average shopper, or someone not as dedicated as the forum members, they will go elsewhere where they can see what they are buying, and this usually is the largest segment of your business.

Get those pics up!

I think that would be my biggest complaint, is not having pictures of every item... I want to see what I am buying. I know, most of the items can be found on other websites to view... but, hey, I am sure you guys want to be the "One-Stop-Shopping" place for all our Mini-Z's!!!

Everything else is good...Keep up the good work!! :-)

mini-z
2004.12.23, 04:21 PM
E, it's at the top of the list - we've got a very cool solution coming soon! :)

will3kgt
2004.12.25, 03:03 AM
I think that would be my biggest complaint, is not having pictures of every item... I want to see what I am buying. I know, most of the items can be found on other websites to view... but, hey, I am sure you guys want to be the "One-Stop-Shopping" place for all our Mini-Z's!!!

I agree with ELMO. I've spent alot on hop ups this year and it was from sites that
had pictures. However, I want this site to be my "One-Stop-Shopping" site for my
friends and myself. You guys have the best selections and your shipping time is great, I just need more pictures.

Aggdaddy
2004.12.26, 08:13 AM

I second that. I've had a hard time making my mind up about your rims section. I don't know what they look like. For the AVM rims, I don't know what the other site is to take a look at them. Plus its a pain.

More pictures. please.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.12.26, 04:32 PM
guys, Mini-Z has addressed this issue a million times. The busiest time of year isn't going to be when they implement the pictures into the shop. Hold yer horses and enjoy the holiday season :D

NikeSB
2005.12.18, 12:23 AM
guys, Mini-Z has addressed this issue a million times. The busiest time of year isn't going to be when they implement the pictures into the shop. Hold yer horses and enjoy the holiday season :D

I have some thoughts and Ideas. I think the black/gray forum color combo is to dark and it looks too dull with no life. There should be some color variation. The homepage is also like the forums, dull and lifeless. I think the homepage should have cool things like a calendar, or some pictures of member’s cars. These are just some thoughts to help visually enhance the forums. :)

hyperalex8
2008.11.04, 05:48 PM
I donīt speak english very well sorry,

JuniorWKR
2008.11.24, 12:44 PM
im new to this forum... but the one thing i would like to see is a photo program on this forum... i have no idea what im doin with computers but i do have really nice mini-z's that i would like to share with others... the only problem is the quality of an attachment is so poor it doesnt do my cars justice... and i cant figure out for the life of me how to get the pics on this forum from photo bucket or whatever its called... in all it would be really nice if we could just do it in this forum... thanks for listening...

arch2b
2008.11.24, 01:34 PM
im new to this forum... but the one thing i would like to see is a photo program on this forum... i have no idea what im doin with computers but i do have really nice mini-z's that i would like to share with others... the only problem is the quality of an attachment is so poor it doesnt do my cars justice... and i cant figure out for the life of me how to get the pics on this forum from photo bucket or whatever its called... in all it would be really nice if we could just do it in this forum... thanks for listening...

you already have a mini-zracer.com member gallery! once you register on the forum, simply click on the gallery link up top and login same as you would here. you can then upload images to your gallery and then use the image insert button in your post menu to insert the url address for the image in your gallery. to get that info, right click on the image and select properties (IE).

JuniorWKR
2008.11.24, 01:50 PM
you already have a mini-zracer.com member gallery! once you register on the forum, simply click on the gallery link up top and login same as you would here. you can then upload images to your gallery and then use the image insert button in your post menu to insert the url address for the image in your gallery. to get that info, right click on the image and select properties (IE).

and that will show the pics in high quality right on the thread with out putting it as an attachment?

arch2b
2008.11.24, 02:00 PM
in short, yes. they will be displayed at the same resolution they were uploaded into the gallery.

drew840
2009.01.09, 06:32 PM
making people have 50 posts before they can sell is not cool...

I have ton's of Ebay feedback, and feedback on other RC websites....

drew840
2009.01.24, 08:04 PM
but I will be at 50 posts soon :cool:

drew840
2009.01.24, 08:04 PM
very soon :D

arch2b
2009.01.24, 08:06 PM

you do have options... pm a moderator and ask for a waiver. if you can show them you have history, i'm sure they exceptions. certainly you can understand the gesture for the rule and it's unfortunate impact on a small minority however it's not something that can not be overcome.

Action B
2009.01.30, 03:11 PM

I think you are not hitting the nail on the head here.

I feel the 50 posts rule is to make sure that you haven't joined the forum just to USE the community for your own gain. If you have posted 50 times then you are a part of the community to at least some extent and participating in conversation regarding Mini-Zs. In this way, your not just benefiting, the community is benefiting. This rule more or less tell us that your intentions on this forum is not just to make a quick buck.

okoye
2009.01.30, 03:25 PM
can we have more message space? other forums have like 400 messages that we can hold, its abit annoying that we only have 50

JuniorWKR
2009.01.31, 09:50 PM
How cool would it be if we could have our own page based off of myspace... It would be awsome if people could sign on to our personal page and we could have our favorite song playing... slideshow of our pics... links to our youtube vids showing our racing... bein able to show our friends... and links to thier personal page... i believe it would be a very cool addition to an already awsome forum... i believe it will shoot our forum far past the others that are out there...

mini-z
2009.02.02, 04:10 PM
I think you are not hitting the nail on the head here.

I feel the 50 posts rule is to make sure that you haven't joined the forum just to USE the community for your own gain. If you have posted 50 times then you are a part of the community to at least some extent and participating in conversation regarding Mini-Zs. In this way, your not just benefiting, the community is benefiting. This rule more or less tell us that your intentions on this forum is not just to make a quick buck.

Very well put Action B! :)

mini-z
2009.02.02, 04:11 PM
can we have more message space? other forums have like 400 messages that we can hold, its abit annoying that we only have 50

This is a good question - would people be willing to pay a small site sponsorship fee per year for more space? :)

mini-z
2009.02.02, 04:17 PM
How cool would it be if we could have our own page based off of myspace... It would be awsome if people could sign on to our personal page and we could have our favorite song playing... slideshow of our pics... links to our youtube vids showing our racing... bein able to show our friends... and links to thier personal page... i believe it would be a very cool addition to an already awsome forum... i believe it will shoot our forum far past the others that are out there...

JuniorWKR, we already have some of these features:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/member.php?u=1

though not quite as elaborate as what you describe. The next version of vB, which we will be upgrading to soon, adds even more social networking features, which you may enjoy. :)

okoye
2009.02.05, 09:04 PM
well depends on how much?

greekone
2009.02.11, 11:30 AM
Is it possible to have a feedback section on the forum?