PDA

View Full Version : Stock Z Hacks?

TheBoostInside
2002.11.28, 04:25 PM
Are there any speed hacks for the Z that don't require money that you can do with household items to a bone stock Z? Ohh not exactly bone stock I am running a Ball diff.

dohc
2002.11.28, 05:30 PM
dont bother :o

TheBoostInside
2002.11.28, 05:53 PM
But I must. :D

TheBoostInside
2002.11.28, 05:53 PM
I was actually thinking about rewinding my armature on my stock motor but NML said thats a no go and not to bother its a waste of time and motor. :(

dohc
2002.11.28, 08:51 PM
u can, ive did. 30 awg at 45 turns. ;d faster than stock. i have yet to try a 27 or 28 guage wind on my stock maybe with bb can and drac's neos.

TheBoostInside
2002.11.28, 09:15 PM
Since I have no experience in winding engines, but I do know how to get the armature out is there any way I can simply re-wind the armature with the wire that it already comes with just in a different way to make it have more top end?

Draconious
2002.11.28, 11:29 PM
Well there are ppl on ebay taking motors and unwiding them then feeding the wire right back to the armature in a different (less) number of turns configuration... I wont name names though ;), since the name is sort of a naughty word thesedays.

TheBoostInside
2002.11.29, 12:29 AM
Are there any website with instructions on winding armature and diagrams to look at and things? I'm very intreagued and if I can find out how to i'd like to re-wind my stock motor with less turns and see if it has more top end.

killer
2002.11.29, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by TheBoostInside
Are there any website with instructions on winding armature and diagrams to look at and things? I'm very intreagued and if I can find out how to i'd like to re-wind my stock motor with less turns and see if it has more top end.

:ö: i think there is no such website giving insruction on how to re-wind a motor, best thing you can do, is un-wound it carefully, and observe how the wire goes around the whole arm, then do it in reverse. -æ

Draconious
2002.11.29, 08:40 AM
The most discriptive instructions your likely to find, are:
1) Unwind
2) Rewind...

hehe....

Kid_CojoneZ
2002.11.29, 09:38 AM
did you remove the trailing arm, and put the springs on to the pins?

TheBoostInside
2002.11.29, 11:32 AM
I haven't messed with my armature yet. I will just wait till I get home and ask wrcracer to show me how, he has a couple of spare engines just in case something goes wrong. ;)

wrcracer
2002.11.30, 08:35 PM
hahahaha, who's ball diff is that? (yours is ordered) IMO, dont bother with winding your own motor. youve seen the one i did. :p oh, and no, you cant have any of my spare motors to play with

dohc
2002.12.01, 09:24 PM
winding motors is easy, just unwind your stock motor, buy 30 guage wires (radio shack) then wind 48 turns counter clock wise and test to see if its runnin or not ;d

baseline
2002.12.01, 11:49 PM
i'm working on a motor winding tutorial right now :) except i have exams tomorrow. so maybe it'll have to wait a bit ... :o

Ken Mifune
2002.12.03, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by TheBoostInside
Are there any website with instructions on winding armature and diagrams to look at and things? I'm very intreagued and if I can find out how to i'd like to re-wind my stock motor with less turns and see if it has more top end. I recall seeing a site for rewinding motors for slot cars. I no longer have the link. It's actually on my friend's computer (doh!). Try searching slot car stuff but, by now you'd find most of the same info on this forum so search here too.

TheBoostInside
2002.12.03, 07:32 PM
Thanx i'll see what i can find. :D

e_lm_70
2002.12.09, 06:50 AM
Hi,

I did it. (It is my first hand wind ... )

Took a stock Mini-T motor, 1- Un-Wind , 2-Double line , 3-Re-Wind

What is double line:
Instead of make less turn, I decided to use two electric line for a single turn (take a full length line and make a U in the middle).

As result I should have 1/2 Turn then Stock, and 1/2x1/2 line resistance (so 1/4 ohm).

Result:

The internal resistance is less (but not as less I was expecting)

The top speed it is till the same :( ... using a GPM V2 Turbo

The motor is just more hot.

What's wrong ?

- Not 100% sure all the re-soldered contact are perfect ... took some time before make it soldered properly ... on or two connection could be just 1/2 connected ...

The main problem is that the stock magnet are crappy !!!

e_lm_70

P.S: Good news ... it has cost me 0$ ... I belive a good work can result in a good improvment
Bad news: without Turbo it is too risky !