PDA

View Full Version : What parts can both use


MATT TINDELL
2002.12.16, 08:29 AM
List all the parts the Overland and the Z can use.
I've heard the X-Speed and Ball Bearings can. Anything else?

Overlander
2002.12.16, 10:32 AM
Not the "Kyosho Accessory Light Set II" part no. MZW16V

I tried them last night and the lights don't stay on. They only come on when you hit the throttle. Also the break lights wont work.

I don't know why.

Ko Racer
2002.12.16, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Overlander
Not the "Kyosho Accessory Light Set II" part no. MZW16V

I tried them last night and the lights don't stay on. They only come on when you hit the throttle. Also the break lights wont work.

I don't know why.

they will have the light set for the overlander out the 23rd or right after x-mas:D

cheers

Overlander
2002.12.16, 10:38 AM
I assumed kyosho would have a light kit for it eventually. I just could not resist trying!:rolleyes:

Ko Racer
2002.12.16, 10:40 AM
here is light kit

Overlander
2002.12.16, 10:45 AM
Yup, that looks just like the one for the Racer.

Do you have a part number for the new kit? I'll get my Hong Kong connection to pre-order me some.

Ko Racer
2002.12.16, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Overlander
Yup, that looks just like the one for the Racer.

Do you have a part number for the new kit? I'll get my Hong Kong connection to pre-order me some.


the part # mzw16v

cheers

Overlander
2002.12.16, 11:36 AM
That is the part number that I listed at the beginning of this thread. As I mentioned, I tried that kit last night and IT DOES NOT WORK WITH THE OVERLAND!

In fact the instruction sheet for that kit says, "Use this light set only with the MINI-Z RACER".

Of course that did not stop me from trying:p

It must have something to do with the "breaking" functionality in the Overland. I don't own an F-1, but I understand that it has the same "breaks".

-Todd

Ko Racer
2002.12.16, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Overlander
That is the part number that I listed at the beginning of this thread. As I mentioned, I tried that kit last night and IT DOES NOT WORK WITH THE OVERLAND!

In fact the instruction sheet for that kit says, "Use this light set only with the MINI-Z RACER".

Of course that did not stop me from trying:p

It must have something to do with the "breaking" functionality in the Overland. I don't own an F-1, but I understand that it has the same "breaks".

-Todd

that is the light kit for the overlander maybe you put it in wrong??

Overlander
2002.12.16, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure what your sources are telling you, but this light kit MZW-16V has been out for several months and the instructions were printed in 2001. If there is such a thing as a light kit made specificly for the Overland, it would have a newer part number and documentation.

There is only one way to install this kit. To install it incorrectly could only be done by a Zip Zap fan.

When installed in the Overland, the lights come on when the throttle is on only. When this kit is installed in a Racer, the lights are on all the time, and the rear lights go dim when the throttle is on. Making the appearance that the breaks are on when idle.

I have tried the light kit with a Racer and it works fine so there is nothing wrong with the light kit. I suppose it's possible that he Overland is faulty but that is not likely as if functions perfectly otherwise.

No, this is just not the right part.

Overlander
2002.12.16, 01:02 PM
I must cut you some slack!!

I just looked at the "Optional Parts List" that came in the box of the Overland.

Sure enough, the "MZW16V Accessory Light Set II" is listed as a "Decoration" part for the Overland.

Still, there is something funky as I described above.

Has anyone else tried this part with the Overland?!

Ko Racer
2002.12.16, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Overlander
I must cut you some slack!!

I just looked at the "Optional Parts List" that came in the box of the Overland.

Sure enough, the "MZW16V Accessory Light Set II" is listed as a "Decoration" part for the Overland.

Still, there is something funky as I described above.

Has anyone else tried this part with the Overland?!

thank you:) i wouldnt tell you wrong :(

cheers

Overlander
2002.12.16, 01:20 PM
Now that I've actually read the Optional Parts List, I noticed something strange about the light kit MZW16V.

On the last page of the list, there is a table that is supposed to list the option parts that can't be used with certain body types. There are only 4 body types listed in this printing dated 2002: The two Pajeros (Red and White) and the two Land Cruisers (Rally and Silver). Next to the two Pajeros, when you look up the light kit MZW16V, there is an index mark that says, "Processing is required". But not on the two Land Cruuisers. ?????

I'm guessing that this is what my problem is, but have no idea what "Processing" needs to be done. Furthermore, why would that be different on the Land Cruisers? They should have the same chassis I would think.

I wish I could read Japanese.

MATT TINDELL
2002.12.16, 02:27 PM
Ummm, anything else anyone wants to say besides lights?

Draconious
2002.12.16, 03:07 PM
its a total new chassis, motors, pinions, and batteryes, electronics might be a modified swap, the rest is all unique to the chassis... even the bearings are slightly different, seeing as there are now 9... (2 even smaller bearings for the gear shaft on the mid gear in the transmission).

Overlander
2002.12.16, 03:12 PM
the colored screws
the colored wheel nuts
the antenna
the x-speed motor
the crystals
the carry bag
and things like the tool sets and pylons

everything else has a different part number