PDA

View Full Version : Overland Review

MATT TINDELL
2002.12.31, 02:21 PM
I've seen a few people ask for a Overland Review. Please feel free to correct me.

-Pro's
1. Acceleration( Wheelies):D
2. Suspionsion travel
3. Ground Clearance
4. F1 like Braking
5. Servo Saver
6.3-Link Suspionsion( Stronger then one H-plate or O-Plate)
7. Electronics Covered better
8. Larger Wheel's/ Tires
9. Longer antennae
10. Looks cool;)

-Con's
1. Top heavy
2. Low top speed
3. Body harder to get off/on.
4. Not 4WD:o
5. Stripable rear gears

-Verdict
Funner then the Racer, but gets beat in the race.

arch2b
2002.12.31, 02:46 PM
i'd say that's an accurate review. i would agree!
all but two cons can be fixed with better shocks, faster motor, and more durable gears.

DAMZer
2002.12.31, 03:03 PM
Also, due to the new release status, replacement parts and hop-ups are scarce to non-existent, for now..............

killer
2003.01.02, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by MATT TINDELL
I've seen a few people ask for a Overland Review. Please feel free to correct me.

-Pro's
1. Acceleration( Wheelies):D
2. Suspionsion travel
3. Ground Clearance
4. F1 like Braking
5. Servo Saver
6.3-Link Suspionsion( Stronger then one H-plate or O-Plate)
7. Electronics Covered better
8. Larger Wheel's/ Tires
9. Longer antennae
10. Looks cool;)

-Con's
1. Top heavy
2. Low top speed
3. Body harder to get off/on.
4. Not 4WD:o
5. Stripable rear gears

-Verdict
Funner then the Racer, but gets beat in the race.

:: good review man ;) , but about the race part, well if you race an Overland Z againts the Z racer on a flat surface, sure thing the Z racer will beat the Overland Z (with it's stock low gears), it's like racing a rally car againts a touring car on a racing circuit, but if you try to race a Zracer against O on a track with lots of bumps, jump, and obstacle course (like the Otrack lay-out in HongKong), you'll end up with this results,
1. lucky if your Z racer will see or reach the finish line (get stuck or something),
2. heavily damaged Zracer.
3. Overland win, and ready for the next round :) (unless you stripped the $@p*d rear gear!!! :D )

Free_Style
2003.01.02, 09:59 PM
Man I have been driving mine without one tooth and its clicking away. But I tore up that little plastic bearing behind that $%^& gear.

MATT TINDELL
2003.01.03, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by killer
:: good review man ;) , but about the race part, well if you race an Overland Z againts the Z racer on a flat surface, sure thing the Z racer will beat the Overland Z (with it's stock low gears), it's like racing a rally car againts a touring car on a racing circuit, but if you try to race a Zracer against O on a track with lots of bumps, jump, and obstacle course (like the Otrack lay-out in HongKong), you'll end up with this results,
1. lucky if your Z racer will see or reach the finish line (get stuck or something),
2. heavily damaged Zracer.
3. Overland win, and ready for the next round :) (unless you stripped the $@p*d rear gear!!! :D )

:D
Right on

BLiND
2003.01.05, 03:33 AM
I've been playing with mine all day and since I first started playing with it (with alkalines while my NiMH batt's were charging) it seemed really sloooow...lol

later tonight I threw in the NiMH's and put in the diff lock plate, and the 12t pinion gear...

welp the overland isn't slow anymore, but on my hardwood I can't get it to go in a straight line at more than 1/2 throttle :D

I really need a place to race this thing against other people, are there any mini-z tracks in so cal around the LA area?