PDA

View Full Version : Grey Modena

Obeesi
2003.01.14, 05:10 AM
Not ready yet! Lights are not installed yet..

Obeesi
2003.01.14, 05:11 AM
Behind

Mondo
2003.01.14, 06:48 AM
As Tone Loc says:

There's a sexy little car around,
perhaps you may have seen her
She's parked here right beside me,
She's the funky grey Modena

Obeesi, lovely :)

Kid_CojoneZ
2003.01.14, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Mondo
funky grey Modena

Yeah, Very!!

arch2b
2003.01.14, 08:29 AM
very nice looking. be sure to post some finished pictures.

herman
2003.01.14, 11:09 AM
man that's low...

coool... way low...

Obeesi
2003.01.15, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys! I will post some new pics when Modena is ready :)

why compete??
2003.02.01, 07:26 AM
hey man this car is niice. if your talkin bout the lights the plastic things that go in the place of the lights i rekon dont put them coz it look cool;) but if your talking bout LED light correct me but im pretty sure u are.........

how did u get it soooooo looooow 2 the floor????? i wanna lower my Z also but havnt figured it out yet

cant w8 2 c pics...............

CaRbon Kid
2003.02.02, 12:33 AM
cut the springs ? eheh yeah thst pretty cool my friend got a z today haha its cool

why compete??
2003.02.02, 03:42 AM
r u seriose bout cutting the springs???? i noe how 2 lower the from but i cant lower the back ??????

but i got the merc and if i lower the front it rubs...... but i done some mods but yet 2 try it... snapped rim:mad:

Tommi Makkinen
2003.02.06, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by why compete??
r u seriose bout cutting the springs???? i noe how 2 lower the from but i cant lower the back ??????

but i got the merc and if i lower the front it rubs...... but i done some mods but yet 2 try it... snapped rim:mad:

I have a way to lower the mini z without cutting springs: hope it works for you...

-add a 2 or 3 mm spacer on the front uprights between the upright and the lower wishbones...

-add a 2 or 3 mm spacer between the H-bar and the motor mount itself

-i use the little plastic bushings that are on the Tamiya Mini-4wd cars for spacers... i'll try to post pics of my ride before and after the lowering treatment...

why compete??
2003.02.06, 10:44 PM
yeah trhanks tommi but i figured out how 2 do it myself already....

but i used the insulator around some electrical wire about 2-3mm under the front camber stering thingys that raised them whic means the chasis is lower at the front

and for the fromt i ggot some longer screws to go in2 the mount (about the same size as the ones that go in the chasis) and some more insulator 2 hold it down so it doenst go up when i sit it down on the gorund......

i hope this will help others if they need 2 lower there car, it worked for me and now my car sits 2-3mm off the ground and it works good(wih a few mods 2 the body to acocomidate for the tires 2 fit in the wheel well) and looks awesom when it is just sitting there