PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun

Mondo
2003.01.15, 04:31 AM
I must have been bored

Here's some pics of my Overland with AVM alloy wheels (for the Micro RS4) fitted on to it.

Draconious
2003.01.15, 04:42 AM
Looks like an over sized Galoob Micro Machine.......

Mondo
2003.01.15, 08:14 AM
Drac,

The (obviously) don't function, it was a fun factor thing.
AVM's are just too wide, they catch on the front bulkhead.
I agree, it does look like an oversized Micro Machine.

wrcracer
2003.01.15, 11:25 AM
hahaha, micro machines are great!

that is one thugged out OL. for some strange reason, i actually like the look of that. thats really odd coming from me, because i think its a sacrelige (sp?) to put any wheels bigger than 18" on ANY vehicle (unless, of course, it has 66" tires):p

Free_Style
2003.01.15, 06:24 PM
How do those fit on the miniz and not the overland?

Overlander
2003.01.15, 11:45 PM
Uh.... Bling Bling, Pimp Daddy....

I agree with WRC, except for the part about liking the way it looks.

wrcracer
2003.01.16, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Overlander
Uh.... Bling Bling, Pimp Daddy....

I agree with WRC, except for the part about liking the way it looks.

hahahahaha, if i were in my right mind, i'd think that was the g@yest thing ever:p (nothin on you mondo, thats funny as hell)

edit - grrr, i hate this censoring of the word G/\Y. what if i meant happy, and playful? this is the only g/\y thing about this site...

Ken Mifune
2003.01.16, 12:51 AM
If you think that's ***.
What about *** **** **?
or ******?
or the ever popular *** ** * *****?

Now that's totally ******.

Draconious
2003.01.16, 03:29 AM
why point it out to me that it dont function, its kinda obvious I was just saying it looks like a micromachine (wich dont function either hehehehe). Infact some were I have a lil red yellow truck micro machine that looks just like that only its a pickup witha cap on the back.. hehe. one of the UGLY new ones, that made me stop collecting them (I have like 300-400 of them).

Overlander
2003.01.16, 03:42 AM
Micro Machines rock.

I dont think I'll ever be able to modify one for RC though.

Mondo
2003.01.16, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Free_Style
How do those fit on the miniz and not the overland?

Actualy, I said they are for a Micro RS4, not a Mini-Z.

Drac

I wasn't pointing out the fact they don't function to you
It was a general comment

Overlander
2003.01.16, 12:39 PM
Mondo,

Thanks for sharing those pictures. Zanny photos and provocative commentary are what this forum is all about. Keep the ideas comming!!

We are all just giving you a hard time. Here in the U.S. it's called "busting your b@lls". Don't take any of this too hard. ;)

Now here is my rant...

As for my comment regarding the way that truck looks, there seems to be this bizzare and wrong notion amongst many misguided people (and Raider fans), that having the largest and most annoying wheels with the smallest most useless little strips of rubber that are supposed to be tires, mounted on an otherwise perfectly capable SUV, is somehow cool or legitimate.

I submit that this is not oly a waste of money, but has no socially redeeming value, and is a clear example of ignorance about not only what an SUV is for, but also ingnorance about what is tasteful and non obnoxious.

IMNSHO (in my not-so-humble opinion)

arch2b
2003.01.16, 01:19 PM
i am of the same opinion as overlander. i don't understand the logic of buying a 20-50k suv only to strip it of it capabilities and dress it up as if were a car. take that money and buy a great car to dress up.
the tomb raider defender is a nicely dress up truck. it accentuates and stresses its capabilities, which is the point of dressing up a vehicle.
unfrotunatley i see a lot of high school kids with s10's, f150's etc.. slammed. i just don't get it.

this is just my opinion as i'm sure there are some here that like that sort of thing, in which case, go with what you like. i was always told, "opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one."

nice pictures mondo! very creative.
Thanks for sharing those pictures. Zanny photos and provocative commentary are what this forum is all about. Keep the ideas comming!!
i agree entirerly.

Free_Style
2003.01.16, 02:16 PM
If I were to buy new. The 2003 Regency silverado in the metaalic gray. The truck comes stock with everything I would want. Lift, Bigger tires, exhaust. Too bad i don't have 43g's

Obeesi
2003.01.16, 03:19 PM
Damn, those AVM alloys are looking good!

Draconious
2003.01.16, 05:43 PM
Mondo,

then why does it start:

Drac,

They (obviously) dont function... ???? :) hehehe...