PDA

View Full Version : bit char g

dohc
2003.01.24, 12:33 AM
these are awsome!! :D

mini-zfuel
2003.01.24, 12:35 AM
did you buy one??? also are these better than audleys??? just curious...

Psyklops
2003.01.24, 12:45 AM
I nearly bought one of these, but didn't. Lucky me..my car needs some TLC...possibly a new distributer, which is actually quite expensive, and probably a new head gasket. Bugger.....but anyway, dohc..how fast do these tings go stock? I need something WAY slower than my Z for house use, 50 kmh in the kitchen simply ain't possible :D

OKANG
2003.01.24, 06:11 AM
Before I heard about Mini-Z's, I was into the 1/64 scale stuff. I've got a Zip-Zap, Nakamichi Racer, Microsizer, and two Bit Char-G clones. I wish I had my money back (roughly $100, hop-ups included). I kept trying different brands because I was never satisfied.

I found out that all of them are essentially the same. They aren't proportional, so it's all or nothing. This makes them difficult to control. The steering uses electromagnetic coils, so whenever you race around metal bits are always getting "stuck" to the underside of the front-end. This makes the car refuse to turn. They don't operate on a narrow-band frequency, so (depending upon what frequency you get) you'll get all kinds of interference. This reduces the already-dismal range. Outside with no interference, you might be lucky to get 20 foot range.

A lot of these problems can be fixed if you're REALLY patient and possess a HIGH level of dexterity. Personally, I do not.

My advice? Look into something like Yokomo's Puchimaru (http://www.yokomousa.com/kits/puchimaru/index.html). It is 1/60 scale, fully-proportional, narrow-band FM, ball-diff (stock), and ~50 meter range. They list for $160, but d.i.n.b.a.l.l has them for $70. The only thing bad about them is the lack of hop-ups and additional body styles (only two at the moment).

You get what you pay for...

HammerZ
2003.01.24, 06:41 AM
Wont you need surgical tools to rebuild that ball diff.?Or anything else?

OKANG
2003.01.24, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by HammerZ
Wont you need surgical tools to rebuild that ball diff.?Or anything else?
Doing any type of repair on a 1/60 scale car is going to be a challenge. I don't own one, so I can't really comment on the construction of the ball diff. Someone who did a review at d.i.n.b.a.l.l wrote this:
Hi everyone. This little RC car is truly a marvel. I received it today and after looking at it for a few minutes I (like others im sure) had to take it apart to see how it works. The first thing I noticed apon removing the body was it's very complex little circuit board. I then removed the circuit board and to my surprise low and behold the steering is RACK & PINION yeh you heard me right I could not belive as I investigated further to find that the rack & pinion was controled by an actual (micro micro) servo. AWSOME, Anyway as I looked further I saw a GP battery excellent qaulity and when I got to the rear end of the little wonder, again I was in aw as I saw a real differentional yep a geared differentional. After catching my breath from what I just saw I proceeded to charge the car which is done via a small removeable cable that is connected to the transmitter. It took about 2 minutes to charge (the green light stops blinking when charged). Now comes the real test I turned on the TX then the car and low and behold the little car responded to my slight push on the throttle trigger. Overall response is excellent the car handles as good if not better than a lot of larger rc cars and runs for a good 5 - 8 minutes on a single charge.

Mondo
2003.01.24, 11:08 AM
I confess... Yes, I do own a Bit CharG
Here's a link
http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=220

dohc
2003.01.24, 11:18 AM
well these are good for indoor of course. try a 3 cell mod and a 3.8 motor. full charge and bam! each take off, the front just lifts up off the ground like what real rear wheel drive do :D