PDA

View Full Version : is a modified engine worth having

Time4AHotplate
2003.02.04, 10:37 AM
is a modified engine worth having

WyseOne
2003.02.04, 01:25 PM
If you put an internal turbo to be able to handle a faster motor then I would say it is worth it if you want it to go faster, a hand wound motor will be a hell of alot faster than stock or an Xspeed.

I can hand wind a motor for you for a nice price.

racerdude788
2003.02.04, 04:47 PM
WyseOne, what kind of motors are we talking here. Will they be as good as NML's. how much are they

Time4AHotplate
2003.02.05, 05:35 PM
you said they were faster than Xspeed. Does this mean the Xspeed isn't much faster than stock?

Mystacool
2003.02.05, 05:38 PM
The X-speed is very VERY, average. If you want to upgrade, but not to the point of an NML, look at things like the Chaser, or the MZR A-BB.
Whilst they're not as quick as NML's creations, they are an improvement over the stock & X-speed motors (a noticeable improvement).

Time4AHotplate
2003.02.05, 07:52 PM
thanks for the info. ill take that into account when the time comes.

by the way, my friend got the loctite mugen NSX and he got new rims and tires for it. (the front and back rims are diff colors and it looks bad.) the new tires are thin and dont fit the body well, they sit too deep in the wheel well. any suggestions on how to push them out to look better?

WyseOne
2003.02.05, 09:48 PM
We are talking about Audley BB can, quality carbon brushes, NEO magnets and a hand wound armature with trued comm. I have not tried an NML motor so I cannot compare. I can tell you that they will require a turbo however I could make one that doesn't but what is the point. I can also offer internal FET upgrades if needed.

racerdude788
2003.02.05, 10:35 PM
how much

WyseOne
2003.02.05, 11:23 PM
$35, ground shipping included. However I understand I am new here and I need to get some of my motors to members to evaluate the quality and performance so I will sell the first 3 for $20 with a refund (minus the shipping) if anyone that volunteers is not happy with their initial evaluation of the motor.

mini-z
2003.02.06, 12:58 AM
WyseOne, if you'd like to send us one to test we can vouch for it's performance. :)

herman
2003.02.06, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Time4AHotplate
by the way, my friend got the loctite mugen NSX and he got new rims and tires for it. (the front and back rims are diff colors and it looks bad.) the new tires are thin and dont fit the body well, they sit too deep in the wheel well. any suggestions on how to push them out to look better?

before putting the rims on, put some washers on the front axle... i use some old tamiya mini 4wd washers... 3-4 washers would normally do the trick... for the rear, do the same... just make sure that the pinion will still reach the spur gear... hope this helps...

oh yeah in answer to your original question... yep if you're into serious racing....

unless the organizers put a cap on classes... like stock class/
x-speed class

usually in open mod. anything goes... :D

WyseOne
2003.02.06, 07:58 AM
I can do that, thanks for the offer.

How many fets are on your test car?