PDA

View Full Version : FL races/tracks

myworldtech Z
2003.02.05, 11:45 AM
I live in Central FL and hope to race today at HTusa in Lakeland which is from 5-7. I am looking for any other mini-z races or tracks that would be in the Orlando Central FL area.

o-townzr
2003.03.27, 03:40 PM
Count me in guys, I've had no luck in the past finding z-ers or places close by to race regularly. Hit me up by email or AIM and well race sometime, all in fun though.

myworldtech Z
2003.03.27, 05:26 PM
I am in the Davenport Area so its even harder for me since no matter where I go I have to drive at least 30 mins to get there. If we can get a track setup some place in Orlando or find a hobby store willing to help us out then I would be there. I don't have the space avail. to hold races or even set up a track.

o-townzr
2003.03.27, 09:48 PM
I feel for you with the whole driving thing... I just got an email back from my home shop (superior hobbies) and they said they have plans for a mini-z and micro track that should be ready sometime in may or june, so with that said the future holds a place for us to race but until then we can probably make due with garage tracks and what not, and i'm sure once the track gets up and running we can start up a club through the hobby shop. More info as it comes available....

myworldtech Z
2003.03.27, 10:27 PM
Cool will have the check them out send me an e-mail with the hobby shop address please. Thanks

MitsuEvoVI
2003.06.26, 11:09 AM
I live in south florida near fort laudardale. There is this huge hobby store called warricks superstore something, they just built a mini-z track, I'm going to go check it out today

myworldtech Z
2003.06.26, 12:29 PM
I know live in Orlando and wonder if we are still track less? if so who cares lets find a bunch of us find a nutrual place to meet up and figure out what we can do to race these little cars.

Zmiester
2003.07.01, 09:04 AM
Can you tell me where that track is in Lauderdale....I am across on the west coast and would drive over to race......thanks

MitsuEvoVI
2003.07.17, 03:30 PM
http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?stx=warrick&stp=a&tab=B2C&city=Fort+Lauderdale&state=FL&zip=33326&country=us&msa=2680&slt=26.111800&sln=-80.376300&cs=5
it's the first link

they have a website http://warrickcustomhobbies.com/
I hope that link works. They charge $5 to use their track for 2 hours. I'm not going back untill they change the price.
they have races every Wednesday.

Zmiester
2003.07.17, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the info!

Zmiester
2003.07.26, 09:56 AM
Five bucks seems reasonable........it looks like a great track. Several of us from Naples are going to venture over there and race. We hope to see you there. Do they have a point series? How many people show up to race?

tots670
2003.11.14, 05:18 PM
Hey MitsuEvoVI i also live in the S. Florida area except i live a more south of you, in S. Miami.

Do you kno of any other tracks or events anywhere close to where you and i live?

Thnx

Se_12alty
2003.11.24, 01:21 AM
Hello all, I too am a Orlando/Tampa racer. As for finding a track in the Orlando/Daven Port area, I know of none. But in tampa there are quite a few. I race at Hobby Town in brandon on a roofing felt like paper, and i also race at Hobbies 24 seven and they are now using carpet but had silica on plywood. There is also another one that opened up called Franks I believe out in Olsmar or somewhere off of Hillsboroug.

MitsuEvoVI, Can you please tell me what traction the track is made of and how does your car handle on it? And if possible can you provide a rough sketch of it with the diameters. thanks ;)

SuperPede1
2003.12.27, 07:24 AM
Hey I go to Warricks all the time becouse I live about 5 minutes away from it, I dont know if its just becouse everyone knows me or what but I just go and practtice, I have never been told to pay.:D

EVIL HX Coupe
2004.01.03, 02:45 AM
My mini z should arrive next week. Maybe some of the south fl people can meet up at mavericks sometime to do some fun racing...

I live in West Palm Beach....

SuperPede1
2004.01.03, 03:03 PM
Uhhhh where is Mavericks?

EVIL HX Coupe
2004.01.03, 05:44 PM
Warricks seems to be in Ft. Laud. about 30 mins south of me. 954 area code = broward.

amac
2004.01.04, 12:56 AM
Hey Se_12alty I go to hobby town all the time too,but to just look around because I only have an overland. You wouldn't happen to know of any places that races overland in the Tampa area. I really need to get a racer so I can start racing.