PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose?!?

space_doc
2003.02.15, 12:20 PM
OK, I got a new Nissan Xanavi and a new Nissan Calsonic. I got one for me and one for a friend as a gift. I originally intended to keep the Calsonic cuz its blue, which is my favorite color. But looking at both of them next to each other, I think the Xanavi looks cooler. So, now I think I will keep the Xanavi for myself. What do you all think?

Maybe I'll keep them both and get him a Microsizer....:p

ChaserRC
2003.02.15, 01:07 PM
I like Xanavi a lot than Calsonic. :D

Ryan08
2003.02.15, 02:41 PM
I prefer the calsonic!:D

William
2003.02.15, 02:59 PM
your last option is good!

raretek
2003.02.15, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by space_doc

Maybe I'll keep them both and get him a Microsizer....:p

I have to agree with William, keep them both and get him a microsizer.

And if he complains, keep the microsizer too.

2G2GOLDENSTRAT
2003.02.15, 11:06 PM
id say buy your friend a mini-z clone (cant believe i said that) and put one of the bodies on it for him that way you can smoke the pissout of him:)))

space_doc
2003.02.16, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to stick with the Xanavi and give him the Calsonic. He's best man at my wedding and I want to be able to race him at the track when were getting away from our wives. So, I can't give him a cheapo knock off if I want to keep the race fair. But I may just add a hotter motor to mine, and bearings and not tell him! :p

space_doc
2003.02.16, 11:53 PM
Alright, so I took out the Xanavi and as I was wrestling to get the body on, I snapped off one of the side mirrors! :eek: Now what do I do? I tried super glue, but it melted the plastic and left a gooey mess. Damn! This bites!

raretek
2003.02.17, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by space_doc
Alright, so I took out the Xanavi and as I was wrestling to get the body on, I snapped off one of the side mirrors! :eek: Now what do I do? I tried super glue, but it melted the plastic and left a gooey mess. Damn! This bites!

This would never have happened had you followed our advice. :)

Seriously, after seraching for glue and mirrors in the forum search here, I found this thread...
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1143&highlight=glue+mirrors
which mentions something called CA glue and something else to try if that doesn't work.

don't sweat it, your mirror was destined to come off anyway. :)

ViperKid
2003.02.17, 02:55 PM
i've been there, mine seems to come off before i get the box open

ViperKid
2003.02.17, 02:56 PM
plus it gives it character;)

space_doc
2003.02.17, 07:38 PM
CA = cyanoacrylic = superglue

and it didnt work. maybe some Testor's model glue? Anyone used that? Or hot glue? I think I have a glue gun lying around somewhere...

l)ark[Blade]
2003.02.17, 09:12 PM
I use Tamiya Cement, made for model cars. It melts the plastic then it dries. It works great on everything from broken bit char-g spoilers, to 1/10 lexan bodies.

ViperKid
2003.02.17, 09:23 PM
hot glue definatly won't work, it may hold it on there for a little bit, but it will look like crap

space_doc
2003.02.17, 10:22 PM
Well, I guess model glue it is. Is Testor's OK, or do you prefer the Tamiya brand for some reason?