PDA

View Full Version : noobie introducing himself

Caffeinated
2003.02.21, 01:40 PM
Hello everybody.
I kind of stumbled into these mini-Z's after finding the FD RX-7 body. I'm an FD RX-7 enthusiast & once I saw the that body & that the mini-Z was so modifiable I placed the order.

Since placing the order I've been lurking around here & I can't wait to get mine, modify it, & get all my friends into it. :D

Anyhow, the name is Eric & I just wanted to say hi. Oh yea, & here are some pics of my motivation.

pianoman
2003.02.21, 02:04 PM
Welcome to the forum, Nice Car!!! If you get into the mini-z thing, you'll love that you can totally modify your car without having to take out a loan...unlike a double turbo (with an intercooler) on a 1:1 scale (heh heh). You getting over 300 with that? ;)

Cheers,
Pianoman

Caffeinated
2003.02.21, 02:13 PM
Thanks. :) After the clutch job I put on it last night I can't wait to be able to sit at a table to do work. Any suggestions for a Mini Z FD front mount? heh

It dyno'd 300RWHP@11PSI about a year ago with clipped twins & stock 90K mile old motor. I've since switched turbo setups, did some motor work, & installed that front mount IC. Still haven't even started it yet, but I hope to do that tonight. Wish me luck...

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.02.21, 03:07 PM
My fellow Mazda fan,

I can't help you with the engines for the real FD3S, but I can make you a 20B Peripheral Port equivalent Engine for your mini Z.

http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6955

Caffeinated
2003.02.21, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by NOMOTORLIMIT
My fellow Mazda fan,

I can't help you with the engines for the real FD3S, but I can make you a 20B Peripheral Port equivalent Engine for your mini Z.

http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6955

Sweet, sounds like fun. How much $ is your Mini-Z20B PP?

I just checked the tracking # & my Z arrived at the post office down the road from my house today. I hope they dropped it off at my house today. I need to get out from under the real one for a breath of air (clutch dust makes my cough!)

Correction, I just spoke to my room-mate & USPS dropped off 2 boxes (modena readyset & FD body) :D "hey Boss, can I go home early? My new RC toy showed up & I'm not feeling well..."

pianoman
2003.02.21, 05:04 PM
I have to hook this up, right NML? Seriously...I have to solder this on and I hope I don't wreck it...I haven't soldered in a long long time...(lets out slow breath....). I gotta do it!!!

This is how NML's motors come...they look very nice.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.02.21, 07:46 PM
Pianoman,

My apologies for that. I should have asked, if you needed the wires, as I normally don't for individual motor purchases. Solder the wires the same way the original came.

Radio Shack peope would be glad to help you solder, if you ask one of the associates.

My bad.:o

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.02.21, 07:49 PM
caffienated,

nomotorlimit@hotmail.com and we'll discuss details. thanks.

Ryan08
2003.02.21, 07:54 PM
Welcome! (sweet car)

Caffeinated
2003.02.21, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Ryan08
Welcome! (sweet car)

Thanks, as you can see by the pic the front bumper skin still needs to be fitted as well as the headlamp covers, underbody coverplates, turbo oil return pipe...

That's my big hobby. I autoX is regularly & hope to start track schooling this year. I'd really love to go up to Virginia for the Rotary madness school this year...

I got my MiniZ & am loving it. I ended up with the Ferrari 355 body somehow, so I guess that'll be my beater skin until I get a backup RX-7 skin. :)

pianoman
2003.02.21, 10:16 PM
NML When I said 'nice', I meant in the package looking very profesional...like a jewel in its box...I wasn't being sarcastic bro...it's just too dang pretty to even take out! I edited my other post so it sounds like what I meant :)

P.S. Thanks for the fast shipping!!!!

Pianoman

Sm0lders
2003.02.22, 03:58 PM
NML very nice jewel case :D

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.02.24, 07:28 PM
Thanks, bro. That's what the ladies say when they see my Jewel case. :D

Caffeinated
2003.02.27, 10:02 AM
A pic of my freshly build motor & brand spanky new turbo before installation,

herman
2003.02.27, 11:09 AM
welcome to the forums...

cool 1:1 scale car... here's a pic of my rx...

Caffeinated
2003.02.27, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by herman
welcome to the forums...

cool 1:1 scale car... here's a pic of my rx...

Thanks, I've got that skin too, but want to get another one to beat up. I like to come tearing out of the hallway & try to figure 8 through the coffee table legs. Often I end up head on into it. That's with the blue F355 skin...

What wheels are those?

Once I get around to actually washing the the 1:1 I'm going to take some photo's of them together. :)