PDA

View Full Version : Decisions Decisions: Mini-z F1, HS4 Micro, or Team assosiated TC3 RTR

Cory-Z
2002.01.07, 10:23 PM
Hmm, trying to decide which one to get.

Which one do you guys think i should get?

- Mini-Z F1
- RS4 Micro
- Team Assosiated TC3 RTR Kit

In the end, these should all wokr out to the same cost..with the F1 a little cheaper.

I hope someone can help me decide =)

Russ
2002.01.07, 11:11 PM
If I were me, I'd go with the most popular in my area. Are there many people with mini-z's, or micro's around you? If you're the only one with a certain size car, not to say it isn't fun, but, it's just more fun with someone else. Way more fun. I had a blast driving my mini-z behind my house on garden hose tracks about 6 months ago, but now that I met up with F=MA, I ask him almost every day if he wants to get together & tear up some carpet :)

So, I say go with what's popular in your area if you want to get the most fun out of it, but that's just my opinion.

Cory-Z
2002.01.07, 11:20 PM
hehe, yea, considered that alot. That consideration came into mind right away =)....I remember driving my mini-z around my basement was pretty cool, and i remember the first time a took it to a local track. We had a 5 car race going on, that made me love mini-z's so much more =)

The biggest problem with making my decision, All 3 types of R/C cars are decently popular...safe to say, equally popular..hehe

I might just skip the F1 altogether, because i know it's just more of the same thing i'm addicted to..hehe:D mind u, better handling =)

If i were to decide between a Micro and a TC3, which would you guys choose...hmm...:confused:

thinking to go to micro (little car, with 1/10 personallity) , or just skipping the little car scene, and moving to the big boys =)

Rick
2002.01.07, 11:31 PM
I have driven all three (I have the F1, my dad has a Micro RS4 and had two TC3s (one now)) and it all depends on what you're looking for.

With the TC3, you can go more places and race, and it is fast. You can also get a rally conversion kit and go offroad with it. But the parts are expensive if you're looking to be competitive. Good motors, good batteries, good non-false-peakin'-Tekin charger, different compound tires for different tracks or track temperatures all cost a whole heap of money. Plus, if you're getting it RTR for a low price, it's probably not very fast.

With the Micro, you get to mess with all kinds of goodies. Battery-wise, you can use anywhere from 4 AA to 6 2/3 A cells in your car. You can go for the stock, pan or both setup with different chassis styles. You can even go for a larger size motor! You can use your 1/10 electronics but herein lies a problem. If you don't have a 1/10 electric car, the ESC, receiver, transmitter and servo can get pretty expensive. Also, stock Micro is, well, ummm, slower than molasses in the winter-time. If you want to go fast, you need a mod motor (just in case you do go this way, DON'T get an Orion Elite Modified Motor, it's only as fast as the HPI modified and MUCH more expensive). If you want to be able to turn, you'll need a ball diff. If you want traction, you'll need soft tires. Again, lots of money to be competetive.

If I were to make this decision (oh, wait, already did), I'd go with the F1. Faster than a Micro, less expensive, too. Batteries don't cost half as much, and you can get them anywhere. Motors and tires are cheap, too, if you know where to shop, and you don't need alot out of the box to be competetive, unlike the others where you need hop-ups and cash out the wazoo.

If it was a choice between all three, I'd do F1 first, Micro second and TC3 last.

mini-z
2002.01.08, 12:39 AM
I'd like to second that vote for the F1! I can't comment on the TC3 but the Micro is just a bore compared to Mini-Zs.

Rick
2002.01.08, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't call it a bore, slap a 280BB motor in that puppy and it rockets! Too much power for a small track, though, you'd need a 1/10 track.

323iT
2002.01.08, 07:32 PM
it depends if you're gonna run outdoor or indoor. Mini Z if you want indoor Micro if you want outdoor