PDA

View Full Version : Topcad alloy rims

SteveGodfrey
2003.03.07, 06:47 AM
The Topcad alloy rims I ordered turned up yesterday, look very nice but the quality is very poor. The axle 'hole' on one of the wheels isn't even central and the rim isn't even either......

Look good
Made crap

why compete??
2003.03.07, 07:18 AM
ok thanks for the info Steve i think i will not get the topcad rims i was gunnna get i think i will try and find a set of GPM or something

yeah they do look nice and shmik but thanks for the warning prior 2 me buying them

MR - Z -
2003.03.07, 08:04 AM
Snap, i just recieved mine this morning and not happy at all, exactly the same problem, one rim has the hole way off center and the rim itself is a slanted shape, rest are fine just that one :(

Also noticed since fitting the new rims the front wheels rub on the arches any one else have this prob with the topcad rims, mine were the gunmetal multispoke ones.

flood
2003.03.07, 09:48 AM
Received mine and they seem to be just fine :confused:

MR - Z -
2003.03.07, 10:15 AM
Maybe we got a bad batch, i got mine from DIN *cough* BALL, where did you get yours steve ?

oh sorted the wheels rubbing on arches, just had to remove the little thing behind the wheel.

raretek
2003.03.07, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by MR - Z -
Snap, i just recieved mine this morning and not happy at all, exactly the same problem, one rim has the hole way off center and the rim itself is a slanted shape, rest are fine just that one :(

Also noticed since fitting the new rims the front wheels rub on the arches any one else have this prob with the topcad rims, mine were the gunmetal multispoke ones.

I've tried numerous topcad parts and I can verify that they tend to be mediocre garbage. I consider them the Heipao of hop-ups. Topcad = TopCRAP.

MR - Z -
2003.03.07, 02:02 PM
Yep i wont be buying that brand again , my first and last experience with Topcad

SteveGodfrey
2003.03.07, 02:07 PM
Got mine from rl0725, not worth the hastle or exspense of sending them back :-(

So the GPM shocks I bought were rubbish and the wheels too! I'll stick with Kyosho next time!

MR - Z -
2003.03.07, 02:18 PM
Yeah i know what you mean about not worth sending them back :(

Just put it down to " tried it , it was crap , never again "

RedZone
2003.03.07, 05:12 PM
i used topcad parts and all mine seem to be fine just dont get the ballbearing or the diff.

DOHCrazy
2003.03.08, 06:20 PM
my wheels and bearing where fine too!