PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys do those X-ray shots?

timinater
2003.03.08, 11:33 PM
Is it having access to an X-ray or do you take 2 pictures one with the body on and one with it off and make the picture with the body transparent and put it over top?

pianoman
2003.03.08, 11:36 PM
Whats up CANADA!!!
We all have X-Ray machines now...they come with cel phones:p

You figured it out...Photoshop, baby!

timinater
2003.03.09, 12:45 AM

arch2b
2003.03.09, 10:11 AM
the way i've done it is to take two pictures of the z. one of the cahssis and one of the body. in a graphics program, overlap the two and play around with the transparency of the top layer image. i used my scanner to get the side shots. i'm guessing wedginator used a camera for his, which is awsome.

Ken Mifune
2003.03.09, 12:42 PM
Add a few more layers of the body pic.
Now you can erase different areas of the body on the different layers. This will allow you to have varying degrees of opacity. Using the airbrush or paintbrush to erase will give a nice feathered edge. And remember you can adjust the opacity on the layers AND the tools(airbrush/paintbrush).

Draconious
2003.03.09, 05:04 PM
note that there are a few REAL X-ray shots in this forum ;)

pianoman
2003.03.10, 12:10 AM
I get questioned at the airport about this stuff, anyone else? I bet soon I won't be able to carryon any thing like this anymore.:(

Digisane
2003.03.16, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by pianoman
I get questioned at the airport about this stuff, anyone else? I bet soon I won't be able to carryon any thing like this anymore.:(

Don't know about over there but over here they dont even allow nailclippers on board, what more to say about Mini-zs, those go into the cargo. They confiscate the clippers at the airport like maybe the staff there needs a good clipping or something. What am I gonna do? Clip the pilot's nosehair one at a time so he'll follow my instructions to goto Cuba?? Or maybe they're afraid I might use it to cut a hole in the skin of the aircraft or something.

Sheeesh.:mad: :rolleyes: STUPID

*They took my favortie nailclippers :( :mad:

arch2b
2003.03.16, 01:36 PM
i made some bit char g x-ray wallpapers for tinyrc. they were easier to do than the mini z's. tinyrc wallpapers (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album59)

Ken Mifune
2003.03.16, 09:11 PM
I still get on board with a Leatherman in my carryon. Why? probably because I also have a yoyo and other toys in there.;)
and perhaps because I'm very charming (when I want to be).:p