PDA

View Full Version : BIG tires = 7th broken knuckle

warnoffroad
2003.03.20, 01:58 AM
I was doing some car crushing and I broke my 7th knuckle. So far I have broken 2 topcad alum. and 5 plastic. The only reason Ive been getting plastic is because thats all my HS has :(. So I got 2 new sets of GPM (hope they hold better then topcad)off eb@y sorry mini-z. Im trying to build up my feedback so I do all my small orders on eb@y.

pianoman
2003.03.20, 04:16 AM
Dude, you need an e-maxx or something! You would probably put 44 inch swamp mudders on it tho!

Seriously, if you want one, I'll sell it to you, then you wont break mini-z knuckles anymore!

Pianoman

warnoffroad
2003.03.20, 04:33 AM
I have an E-maxx I got a suburban body on it :cool: I put mud paddles on it ( I do plan to doing a SFA on my truck and getting some 37 boggers, I have 33s now). I burned out my first ESC in the mud then only to find out that was a recalled ESC. Then got the new one on ran it in the mud and burned that one up. I ran the hell out of the clob buster so thats out. The super black foot got the hell run out of it so its down too. And all the rustlers, and other 1/10s are down. So I tryed to find something where it would be hard to break stuff. So far its working, kinda. I like the parts being cheep :D

pianoman
2003.03.20, 05:06 AM
Your mad off-road aren't you?! I have an e-maxx and some rustys and an evader, but I like catching big air at the skate-park with the Maxx. I fried an esc and kept it dry since. I don't like shelling out that kind of cash either! You can wrap them in plastic to keep them dry...spraying silicone on them helps (a little).

You are a mad off-roader!
I've seen pic's of that truck on here before...nice! I have a Ford Expedition and an Escape (for the wife) hee hee. No 'hop-ups' tho!:p

pi.

wrcracer
2003.03.20, 09:02 AM
warnoffroad, we think alike. im lookin at an SFA swap for my truck too! :p how are you gonna do this? mine's a fullsize, so im gonna try ORU's kit.

warnoffroad
2003.03.20, 12:23 PM
SFA blazer (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290564645&code=4762723&mode=invite)
Thats my friends blazer we did that at his house with 2 dana 44s and some leafs from a 78 f150. Its got about 15 inches of lift and has 35s. I'm thinking about a fabritech kit, only beacause it's 4 link, not leaf spring. SFA (http://www.setstr8.com/)

warnoffroad
2003.03.20, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by pianoman
Your mad off-road aren't you?! I have an e-maxx and some rustys and an evader, but I like catching big air at the skate-park with the Maxx. I fried an esc and kept it dry since. I don't like shelling out that kind of cash either! You can wrap them in plastic to keep them dry...spraying silicone on them helps (a little).

You are a mad off-roader!
I've seen pic's of that truck on here before...nice! I have a Ford Expedition and an Escape (for the wife) hee hee. No 'hop-ups' tho!:p

pi.

I put the ESC it a ballon and closed it with a rubber band on all of them. Water got a little to deep after the rain :rolleyes:

wrcracer
2003.03.20, 02:12 PM
fabritech looks pretty good, but their kit for my truck isnt out yet...

that blazer is pretty badass. did you use a kit for that, or just attack it with a cutting torch and some homemade brackets?

warnoffroad
2003.03.20, 02:42 PM
The people from fabritech will make a kit for you. That kid with the black blazer asked them, and they made his cheap because he was the first.

My friend with the gold blazer.. we just when at with a welder. He called me up one day and said, I got good news and bad... the the bad is the home owners is gunna impound my truck if we dont get it out of here (sitting in his drive way for 3 weeks). The good is we are going to finsh today. He still needs a front dirve shaft, and lockers.

wrcracer
2003.03.20, 03:42 PM
cheap is good....:D

warnoffroad
2003.03.20, 03:51 PM
cheap $ is. But cheap parts aren't :rolleyes:

wrcracer
2003.03.20, 04:01 PM
haha, you know what i mean!

warnoffroad
2003.03.20, 09:38 PM
You wouldnt believe this I broke another on my pajero doing car crushing.

warnoffroad
2003.03.21, 02:56 PM
I broke another wheel with the "monster ol"

wrcracer
2003.03.22, 01:17 AM
good lord, i hope youre nicer to your 1:1 truck!:p

warnoffroad
2003.03.22, 02:14 AM
I try to be, yesterday 3-21, me and 3 friends were out on a narrow trail after a big rain. Me and 2 other trucks were fully stuck, and the other was stuck in a set of ruts. But could still move about 5 feet. Anyways all our motors were over heating form the winches and sitting there. Then the lead truck, a bronco 2 on 30" BF MTs, stoped and wouldnt fire up. So we were all stuck out there for 6 hours. But was alot of fun :cool:

wrcracer
2003.03.22, 11:01 AM
hahaha, been there, done that! i met a buncha locals who are diehard 'wheelers. thank god, cause i thought my town was me and a buncha ricers.

warnoffroad
2003.03.25, 10:47 PM
HAHA thats what I thought too. Me and one of my friends have the only lifted trucks at my school, then he hooked me up with a bunch of others from other schools. Now I have about 4 groups I go with :cool: SOOO much fun. Today me and this hot @$$ girl were going down this one country road and I came up to this car that was stuck in a ditch off to the side of the road. So I stoped to help these kids out. I pulled them out with no problem. Now with almost noone on this road and never a cop on it, this girl was telling me to show them up by driving in it. WOW what a mistake that was!! (this was a wide ditch that wasnt that steep) My 33" tire on the front pas. side was about 2 inches under mud, half of my headlight was under, thank god it wasnt quite high enought to take on water, and my air box was on the driver side. (front end first but I was parallel with the ditch, if you can picture that) I had to double line my 8000 LB winch, but it was fun! And she thinks im the biggest non pu$$Y :cool: I wish I had a pic of the look on my face when the entire side of my truck droped down into the thing. :eek: