PDA

View Full Version : Spam, giving back, or forum nazi

fia_f1
2003.03.26, 07:15 PM
last evening my auction was about to close. i posted to 4 (maybe 5) different areas on the miniz-racer forum.

i was selling one of my miniz racers. it had several good hopups. all the hopups on that car were selected after reading many of the posts from this forum. this forum made my miniz experince what it is today... enjoyable... time well spent.. and so on.

posting to the different groups, i was hoping to pass on this car to someone that could truly enjoy it. in was thinking that i could give back some how.

today i got this eamil:
=============================================
Just mail warning you that if you choose to spam the Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums with your auction items, you could end up being banned.
All your spam posts have been moved and all future posts will be
monitored.
I trust the above is in order.
Thanks
=============================================

if i broke a rule about selling on a retail formum... that is one thing.... and it could be discussed. if i spammed... is another thing... or was i unjustly accussed .

i had one good car, good intentions... and i am not sured i spammed.

Draconious
2003.03.26, 07:38 PM
Duplicute posts are never tollerated on any forum... by its members or operators... and posting "dupe post" in the title does not get around this fact...

Items for sale belong in the misc discussion area... not the hop ups parts, or drivers area... there is enough jibberish in certain forum channels as it is, so this is just a way to keep it to a minimum.

fia_f1
2003.03.26, 07:47 PM
Drac,

in your opinion was it a spam?

an absolute? from you.... ref: "Duplicute posts are never tollerated on any forum... ". I believe i can dig up some good reading on absolutes.. if you would like?

The "dupe post" was not an attempt to get around it...

This forum has muliple parts that i believed match my effort.

fia_f1
2003.03.26, 07:50 PM
i submit... looking at the title...

mini-zracer.com Forums

i posted once in a less than half of the forums...

oh.. it was a double absolute... a real treat !!

fia_f1
2003.03.26, 07:55 PM
Items for sale belong in the misc discussion area... not the hop ups parts, or drivers area... there is enough jibberish in certain forum channels as it is, so this is just a way to keep it to a minimum.

area = forum...

and as most of the time.. your prob right about the misc discussion...

oh.. btw... i could just be pissy about a small injustice.. and most likley ists because i am pissed off that people are dieing ... do to war.

Ryan08
2003.03.27, 02:36 PM
So what are you trying to gain from posting this thread???

arch2b
2003.03.27, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Draconious
Duplicute posts are never tollerated on any forum... by its members or operators... and posting "dupe post" in the title does not get around this fact...

i agree with both ryan and draconious. you asked why you were sent the spaming email, draconious seemed to answer it. i do not know of which posts of your's that are in question, but it appears the answer is simple enough. posting a thread once and in the right place seems to be the message;) i don't see any injustice:confused:

it seems you are just venting your confusion, in which case that's fine;) , so long as it's in the right section:D jkng.