PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya Mini 206 Pug WRC 2002

DAMZer
2003.04.11, 11:01 PM
The inspiration came from here: http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7817.

My variation was using the Tamiya Mini 4WD shell I adapted some time ago for the tintop. It is used and abused from testing with a wide rear axle and various midplate combinations. But I really liked the 206 look and it was laying around in the scrap bin. Born again!!

No lightbar nor awesome brushguards, but its only been one evening.

Thanks for the inspiration brinsley!!!

DAMZer
2003.04.11, 11:02 PM
another angle

DAMZer
2003.04.11, 11:03 PM
oops missed the first pic

RedZone
2003.04.11, 11:05 PM
wow that looks nice i think should start saving money for one ol

brinsley
2003.04.13, 01:43 AM
hey DAMzer...!!

that's some nice work....and i mean really nice...!!!

at least....your 206 looked more "proportionate" than mine.....which looks really great.....

my very first attempt was actually mounting a Toyota Celica GT-Four 1/24 onto a overland....followed by by 1/35 Humvee.....then the mini-power peugeot 206.....

how about showing some pics of how you attach the body shell to the overland..??;)

regards.

Mondo
2003.04.13, 08:01 AM
DAMZer,

Nice work. It seems as if brinsley's started something off now.
I also dug one of my Mini Power 206 bodyshells out to see how I could go about mounting it.
Some hints on the mounts would be a bonus DAMZer :)

warnoffroad
2003.04.13, 10:32 AM
Another awsome custom body

DAMZer
2003.04.13, 10:43 AM
For mount info go here: http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6494, or see pic below

DAMZer
2003.04.13, 10:59 AM
The gray portion is Plastruct "I" beam with one set of I flanges trimmed flush to make a "T". Cut to length plus 1-2mm, sand square and apply the white styrene end caps. Use a Dremel with a sanding drum to concave the bracket so that you clear the battery clips.

Place both brackets on the chassis and test fit. Adjust the depth of the ears if needed. When you have it tight and even, lightly spot tack the brackets with CA. When you are sure it is level and square, use some baking soda and fill in the gaps between the bracket and the body shell. Apply thin CA to the baking soda and you will have a sturdy full length joint (an old Mondo trick).

arch2b
2003.04.13, 01:17 PM
now imagine these new wrc setups with squats lowering kit for the overland!
your right, i think brinsley has started a new class!

DAMZer
2003.04.13, 01:21 PM
If it's just raised shock tower then its not going to help much. All the conversions I've done have the front shocks in contact with the hood of the shells.

Now shorter shock shafts and springs and lowered mounts would be the ticket

arch2b
2003.04.13, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by DAMZer
If it's just raised shock tower then its not going to help much. All the conversions I've done have the front shocks in contact with the hood of the shells...

we'll have to wait and see! squat generally makes really good parts, so i'm hoping they continue the trend.

brinsley
2003.04.14, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by arch2b
now imagine these new wrc setups with squats lowering kit for the overland!
your right, i think brinsley has started a new class!

like shaggy would say..."uh...it wasn't me..."..:D

that's some really STURDY mount DAMzer has made......and like i said....it looks so nicely proportionate.....damn envy...:p

ABOUT MOUNTS....
Mondo was asking about mounts.....i'll share some of my ridiculously-simple-cheap-yet-trashable mounts.....(pics not up yet though)..

try using SPRINGS to mount to a body...ANY body.....the 1/35 Humvee i got was smaller than the overland in both width and length even though i set it to smallest wheelbase like the pajero....and i had to use springs to mount...

it was somewhat EASY....though not entirely professional looking....hell...i had fun running my humvee around.......use springs as an alternative......

someone try it.....
:) :)

DAMZer
2003.04.15, 09:14 PM
Wheelie good traction....

Got these awhile ago in the anticipation of the Overland. I've got a black set but those are still in reserve. If you turn the EXPO HI down to about 50%, these tires will crawl where the stock wide radials would spin.

DAMZer
2003.04.15, 09:18 PM
On carpet, it can almost do a back flip

warnoffroad
2003.04.15, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by DAMZer
Wheelie good traction....

Got these awhile ago in the anticipation of the Overland. I've got a black set but those are still in reserve. If you turn the EXPO HI down to about 50%, these tires will crawl where the stock wide radials would spin.

Where did u get them? Or what did they come off of? part #? thanks I have 2 new OLs on there way I need to build up. If anyone has any new tire or any thing they wanna check out, ill be the tester.

DAMZer
2003.04.16, 06:14 PM
www.sciplus.com (http://www.sciplus.com)

Thanks to Draconius.