PDA

View Full Version : Yokomo Sonic vrs Pro_Z chasis

N2Deep
2003.04.17, 05:21 PM
I just got news today that Yokomo's Sonic 1/28th Scale would be ready end of May. This will definately bring give the Mini-Z and Pro_Z a run for the money. Interchangeable parts for both the Yoke and Mini-Z are the rims, rear axle, rear rims and body. Other then that, all three cars are completely different. A shoot out between the three will be conducted and rated for your pleasure. Check back real soon for updates on setup, electrical component and handling.

ferrari36O
2003.04.17, 06:15 PM
wow sweeet!
do u know the aproximate price?

pupuslinger
2003.04.18, 07:37 AM
that means i will probably get it before i can get my pro z that i ordered over three weeks ago

Breeze
2003.04.18, 02:06 PM
In December Yokomo advertisements said $130 RTR

pupuslinger
2003.04.18, 10:12 PM
even still, would probably get it before the pro-z

Digisane
2003.04.19, 12:39 AM
Maybe you should put the blame on your postal offices instead. I did just that and I got my Pro-z a coupla days later:D

Digisane
2003.04.19, 12:42 AM
Can't edit:mad:

N2Deep, are you doing the comparison? be sure to post some pics too.

pupuslinger
2003.04.19, 07:45 AM
i wish i could blame them, but in the past two months, i have ordered at least 10 things, and got all when i was supposed to except one. had four orders from hong kong and got those in a week and a half. there is a tracking # or a transaction #, but so far i can not get it from the sender of the chassis, sais that there isnt one. when i send a package, i get a reciept. must be different over there

pupuslinger
2003.04.19, 07:47 AM
i have to say i like your quote about the world gone mad:D

Digisane
2003.04.19, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by pupuslinger
i have to say i like your quote about the world gone mad:D

Thanks. I had contemplated putting it there because it may seem racist or anything like to other ppl that but in the end decided to try it out since the humor level in this forum is quite high. I'm glad you liked it. :D

Aside from the joke what I like about it is that it does show how much the world has changed.

herman
2003.04.20, 09:11 PM
You know that the world has gone mad when the best rap singer is a white man; the best golfer is a black man; the Swiss have won the Americas Cup, the French are accusing the Americans of being arrogant and the Germans do not want to go to war.

i think chris rock said all of the above...

herman
2003.04.21, 12:07 AM
hmm... i still have to see a yokomo in existence...

Pro-Z Racing
2003.04.21, 01:02 AM
Hi guys,

I hear you on the delivery issues all i can say is i only wanted to ship kits that were up to spec, there all out the door as of this weekend.

Sonic VS Pro-Z

Batteries

sonic uses odd size 270 mAh cells
Pro-Z uses AAA 800 mAh cells

Any motor that requires fets or turbo will dump 270 mAh cells in no time. Stock mini z motors should run fine.

Tweak
sonic-All i have seen is one photo of the sonic H bar. Appears to be similar to mini z with no fine tweak adjustment just screwed to the chassis

Pro-Z - Diamond T-Bar design allows you to fine tune the weight balance of your car for equal turning or adjustment for high speed oval racing

Chassis
Sonic- molded plastic
Pro-Z woven carbon fiber or fiber glass

Weight Balance
Sonic- weight appears to be more forward than a stock mini z. The motor is in front of the axle. Less leverage on the rear tires
Pro-Z- Like the mini z, motor is behind the axle and the batteries are as far back for the most static rear traction possible.

Price
sonic i have heard between $130 and $160 RTR with radio

Pro-Z $69 carbon $39 fiber glass requires electronics either mini z or aftermarket, rear motor pod, motor and mini z steering linkage

Bodies
Sonic appears to fit all mini z bodies and has a small line of it's own bodies.
Pro-Z only fits long wheelbase mini z bodies.

These are not facts set in stone this is only the information i have at this time.

If i have something wrong or if you have more info on the sonic please post it.

Breeze
2003.04.21, 09:18 AM
Hi Pro-Z,
I need some replacement T- bars. LMK. I have flipped the Lowes
carpet back over to the carpet side and I am running foams. The
Backside of the carpet has tons of grip with rubber tires, but is way too messy. The surface was being scrubbed off and covering
the inside of the car. At first I thought the mess was from the tires, but they weren't showing much wear for the amount of black dust that was created.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.04.22, 12:16 AM
Wait a minute, the title of this thread should've been
Pro-Z vs. Liquid RC vs. Kawada Mid vs. Yokomo Sonic

I already know how Kawada's handle: AWESOME!!!!!! Very smooth, very precise steering, very responsive, and with my the motor I made for it, very fast! Almost as fast as an ABC DTM with 6 cells and Team Orion Brushless motor. This is tested on a HUGE parking lot, so I was able to open up the motor. Torque is excellent, and the range, well let's just say as far as you can pretty much see the car.

I'm currently using the heavy rubber tires it came with. I know my torque will improve drastically if I use foams. Don't get me wrong. The torque is there, but I know I can get more, when I use ultra lite foams.

Here's a pic of my CLK. In the future, I'll use Mini Z rims for it, like Donut did.

Digisane
2003.04.22, 12:20 AM
Sorry off topic for a while.

Originally posted by herman
i think chris rock said all of the above...

Thanks for pointing out the origin. However I got the quote from some other anonymous source so I'm not sure who starting it anyway. When did he say this? I got this quote sometime around start of March.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.04.22, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by NOMOTORLIMIT
Wait a minute, the title of this thread should've been
Pro-Z vs. Liquid RC vs. Kawada Mid vs. Yokomo Sonic

I already know how Kawada's handle: AWESOME!!!!!! Very smooth, very precise steering, very responsive, and with my the motor I made for it, very fast! Almost as fast as an ABC DTM with 6 cells and Team Orion Brushless motor. This is tested on a HUGE parking lot, so I was able to open up the motor. Torque is excellent, and the range, well let's just say as far as you can pretty much see the car.

I'm currently using the heavy rubber tires it came with. I know my torque will improve drastically if I use foams. Don't get me wrong. The torque is there, but I know I can get more, when I use ultra lite foams.

Here's a pic of my CLK. In the future, I'll use Mini Z rims for it, like Donut did.

herman
2003.04.22, 03:04 AM
digisane... got it in an email that was sent to me a couple of weeks back...

nml... show me da pics...

herman
2003.04.22, 03:06 AM
nml...

is your abc dtm an sp or an x4??? and what's the greatest of them all??? (in terms of handling/performance/price/quality etc.... etc...)

Mondo
2003.04.22, 07:32 AM
Another non Mini-Z Thread being moved :)

NOMOTORLIMIT
2003.04.22, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by herman
nml...

is your abc dtm an sp or an x4??? and what's the greatest of them all??? (in terms of handling/performance/price/quality etc.... etc...)

Hi Herman,

I only had one X4 and sold it within a week. I like the SP's because I've always been into pancars. Handling on high traction surface, SP. On slippery tracks, 4wd (X4). Speed: SP.