PDA

View Full Version : electric motor spray vs mini-z PCB

wrcracer
2003.04.22, 07:24 PM
will motor spray harm the PCB (assuming that the batteries are removed, and the spray is allowed to dry/evaporate prior to use)? seems like an easy way to get rid of all that gunk that a stiff brush cant get off.

Dirtbag
2003.04.22, 07:40 PM
I dont reccommend it becuase MOST electric motors sprays will eat away at plastic ( the actual board is made of plastic) and that would not be too good. I have used dynamite motor spray on plastic though without problem... I can't remember the exact name of it right now I'll post it later. Still, I wouldn't use motor spray on it. Use an air compressor or those cans of compressed air used for sewing to clean the board.

ViperKid
2003.04.23, 03:44 PM
most r/c motor spray says that it is safe on plastic and electronics..so i don't see why not:)

PTRacer
2003.04.24, 10:00 AM
Read the instructions. Some sprays damage plastic sow be careful not too spray it on the chassis. Read the instructions carefully, the spray I use even says it can be used to clean PCB'S

BobT
2003.04.25, 02:53 PM
Your best bet is to remove the motor from the chassis before spraying it out.

After spraying the motor spin the armature and dry the motor with a towel. Relube the bushings with just a drop or two of oil.