PDA

View Full Version : M-1036 Desert Strike Humvee pics.

brinsley
2003.04.23, 03:24 PM
hi all (again).....i have finally restored my original humvee and posted some pics into my album for all to see......so sorry i made so many waited....busy.....:)

it's a 1/35 humvee scale model with simple cheap method of using springs to mount the body....doesn't look very professionally done...but it handles just as normal...:p

will be posting more pics with lights-on soon....

hope this may spur fellow overlanders about their thoughts of a humvee....either to get one or brush off the thought...:D ...!!

hope the commentary and pics would be informative somehow......click my album link to see all.......enjoy!

regards all :) :) :D :D

pianoman
2003.04.23, 03:56 PM
I love that far back stance! I think you should tape some black or camo tape around your batteries so they don't stick out visually tho.

I bet that looks neat ripping around your house!

Cheers

brinsley
2003.04.24, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by pianoman
I love that far back stance! I think you should tape some black or camo tape around your batteries so they don't stick out visually tho.

I bet that looks neat ripping around your house!

Cheers
:D yeah i had fun with this everywhere...thinking of something to do with my batteries too...meantime....will be converting this very same hummer to a monster humvee...but haven't quite figure out how to mount a better crash bar......
thought of doing a crash bar with spring-shock absorbers...but it's gonna be tough brain-storming for this.....:( ...saw the rash bar idea from Tamiya's monster RC Wild Willy 2...see it on Tamiya's website and notice that front bumper....that's what i want to achieve....

somebody help to brainstorm as well...? :D