PDA

View Full Version : Who knows where Belgium is?

Dempy
2003.05.02, 12:21 PM
I was wondering. Does anybody know where Belgium is? I live there and I have the feeling nobody knows this country. Someone even tought that Belgium was the capital of Paris:confused:

Josheus
2003.05.02, 12:34 PM
Im British, of cause i know where your country is man!!! i went ther recently looking at WW1 graves. The best thing about your country is the cheap ciggeretes! Brits come to Belgium just for them!!

arch2b
2003.05.02, 12:43 PM
i couldn't point it out on a map but i know that belgium surrendered to the germans after only 18 days of fighting in i think it was may 1940 and was one of the first countires to recover afterward.

sorry, no slight intended. i'm sort of a history buff.

Sm0lders
2003.05.02, 12:45 PM
Belgium is right underneeth us :D

minizmaniac
2003.05.02, 01:19 PM
my cousin lives there, and some of my relatives live in england so yeah i know where it is:D

Mondo
2003.05.02, 02:39 PM
Of course I know where Belguim is.
Nested between the Netherlands (Holland) and France.
Two languages are spoken there, French and Flemmish.
The Capital is Brussels and the Flemmish centre is Antwerp, which is close to The Netherlands.
I've been there many times, my former Employer: Intel Corporation's CSO HQ is in Belguim.
You can take a train from Waterloo International station in England under the channel directly to Brussles in Belguim.

Belguim also has one of the most amazing F1 tracks in Europe, the Spa Francochamps circuit, which due to crappy Eu regulations will not be hosting any more F1 GPs. :(

Although Belguim is an amazing country, I do not share their veiw on the EC or European Community.

Dempy
2003.05.02, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Mondo
Of course I know where Belguim is.
Nested between the Netherlands (Holland) and France.
Two languages are spoken there, French and Flemmish.
The Capital is Brussels and the Flemmish centre is Antwerp, which is close to The Netherlands.
I've been there many times, my former Employer: Intel Corporation's CSO HQ is in Belguim.
You can take a train from Waterloo International station in England under the channel directly to Brussles in Belguim.

Belguim also has one of the most amazing F1 tracks in Europe, the Spa Francochamps circuit, which due to crappy Eu regulations will not be hosting any more F1 GPs. :(

Although Belguim is an amazing country, I do not share their veiw on the EC or European Community.

I'm glad somebody knows Belgium. When I was on vaccation in Florida nobody knew where it was. It's also a very expensive country, because everything has to be shipped in from Asia or the US and the taxes are very high. For example: If you buy a mini-z here, you will pay at least 185 dollars and in Japan you pay 100 dollars. This isn't fair:mad:

Cian
2003.05.04, 06:59 AM
I was actually in Brussles about 2 weeks ago, for a long weekend!! A great place, just to walk about, and see it! I didn't think it was that expensive, about the same as Ireland, and the never seems to stop! Waffles and chocolate simply the best in the world!!! I also did a little border hop into Maastricht, just to , y'know, look around...

I'm going bak in june, to meet my friends, and to do a little EUrailing..

Now, class, can anyone tell me where Ireland is??:D

Mondo
2003.05.04, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Cian
INow, class, can anyone tell me where Ireland is??:D

North or South? :D:D

dohc
2003.05.04, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Josheus
Im British, of cause i know where your country is man!!! i went ther recently looking at WW1 graves. The best thing about your country is the cheap ciggeretes! Brits come to Belgium just for them!!

belgium cigs suck! its all about the cuban cigar..at 50 bucks a pop :D

Cian
2003.05.07, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Mondo
North or South? :D:D

LOL!!

(and I'm at work!!)