PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho oil shocks

big-key
2003.05.18, 06:28 PM
I looked everywhere in this Forum and couldn't find the answer. The Kyosho oil shocks come with 3 sets of springs, hard, medium, and soft. Which are which? Am I right in guessing the blues are the hard ones, yellow are medium, and red are soft? :confused: Please help, I'm an idiot:o

Mondo
2003.05.18, 07:10 PM
No, the Kyosho oil shocks only come with one set of springs.
The hardness of the preload (spring) is set by inserting spacers between the shock body and the spring.
It comes with 12 spacer, 3 per shock.

big-key
2003.05.18, 07:30 PM
Where did I get this idea about the different color springs and their respective degree of stiffness? I've got no idea. I bought an OL from a second party with these oil shocks already installed with 2 xtra sets of springs. I'll fiqure it out somehow. Thanks, Mondo :cool:

akura2
2003.05.18, 09:44 PM
The GPM shocks come with three different springs... red, yellow, and blue...soft, medium and hard respectively

HO502cid
2003.05.18, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by big-key
Where did I get this idea about the different color springs and their respective degree of stiffness? I've got no idea. I bought an OL from a second party with these oil shocks already installed with 2 xtra sets of springs. I'll fiqure it out somehow. Thanks, Mondo :cool:

yellow - hard tension
green - medium tension
red - soft tension

These are option springs from Kyosho, I believe they meant to be used with the stock shocks but they will probably work perfectly with the oil shocks.

big-key
2003.05.19, 09:32 PM
The OL that I bought off a guy on ebay had the GPM "shocks" already installed on it. I like them, since but everybody is ranting on these Kyosho oil shocks I had to get me some. Can't wait!