PDA

View Full Version : New Contest: Arch2B's Down and Dirty Overland Giveaway!

mini-z
2003.05.22, 09:49 PM
Have you taken the plunge and gotten your Overland dirty yet? If not, now is the time! Arch2B is providing a truly excellent prize to the Forum Member who submits the dirtiest, craziest, offroadin' Overland picture to downanddirty@mini-zracer.com. Entries will be posted to the contest Album:

http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty

Bonus points for extra mud! Remember, if you break it, don't blame us! And, no Photoshopping, 100% authentic photos only please! Here's Arch2B with more details....

arch2b
2003.05.22, 09:53 PM
For those that have read The Great Adventures Awaiting Your Overland in the Great Outdoors (http://mini-zracing.com/archives/cat_articles.html) , the outdoors can be lots of fun! This contest is for the best picture showing just how much fun you had!

The prize is none other than an arch2b hand made roof rack! The very one seen by many in How-To: Overland Roof Rack (http://mini-zracing.com/archives/cat_howto.html) !

Pictures submitted by me are for fun and example only!

big-key
2003.05.22, 10:51 PM
arch2b,
I'm curious. What if I wanted to buy one of your hand made roof racks? I've just gotten into this new Overland hobby and have a red Pajero, but no digital camera to post entries. Are you willing to entertain the idea about selling any of your creations? I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask. Please let me know when you get a chance. Thanks.:D

minizmaniac
2003.05.23, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by big-key
arch2b,
I'm curious. What if I wanted to buy one of your hand made roof racks? I've just gotten into this new Overland hobby and have a red Pajero, but no digital camera to post entries. Are you willing to entertain the idea about selling any of your creations? I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask. Please let me know when you get a chance. Thanks.:D

if you send me the dimensions of your roof and where you want the holes i can make you one, i would guess (have to see how long it takes me and how much the materials are for a bunch) that they would cost like 15 or so dollars;)

minizmaniac
2003.05.23, 12:26 AM
on another note,
mini-z how long will this contest go on, i dont have an overland yet, but i think that i will be getting one in like 3 weeks or so,
and i have to fund my micro that i am getting in a few days;)

BitBasher
2003.05.23, 12:28 AM
ooooooooooo I now need to thrash my Overland for a few good pictures before all my replacement parts come in, i'm gonna need em! :D

brinsley
2003.05.23, 01:43 AM
oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah...!!!!!! :D :D

arch..!!!...i'm gonna win that roof rack of yours..!!!....nyak nyak nyak....!!!...fun fun fun fun......

this is such a great idea..!!....i mean like....fellow forum members offering little treats to others for getting the most out of their overland..!!!...refreshing idea...!!!

will see if i can get some little videos posted as well......

regards all....:)

BLiND
2003.05.23, 05:12 AM
you all are going down, I have a creek that runs through my backyard.

heh, this is gonna be cool, until I have to clean it :eek:

minizmaniac
2003.05.23, 11:28 AM
blind, i have a creek, my neighbors have some really weird trees that are perfect, i have some really cool moss/dirt patches....
one problem though, no ol:(

marmot
2003.05.23, 06:09 PM
I am currently waiting/watching for the UPS guy to deliver my new OL!!!!! I will post some picts of off-road use asap. This is a great site and forum! you guys got me to buy one of these little dirt devils :)

killer
2003.05.24, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by arch2b
For those that have read The Great Adventures Awaiting Your Overland in the Great Outdoors (http://mini-zracing.com/archives/cat_articles.html) , the outdoors can be lots of fun! This contest is for the best picture showing just how much fun you had!

The prize is none other than an arch2b hand made roof rack! The very one seen by many in How-To: Overland Roof Rack (http://mini-zracing.com/archives/cat_howto.html) !

Pictures submitted by me are for fun and example only!

:: how about a video as entry for that dirt slinging off-road action contest?... it would be awsome! :cool:

BitBasher
2003.05.24, 01:11 PM
A creek? Moss? I'm scrwed! I liv in Las Vegas! the only water I'm going to be ableto run through is going to come out of a hose! ;)

BLiND
2003.05.25, 04:58 AM
here's my first entry for the contest...

Mondo
2003.05.25, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by BLiND
here's my first entry for the contest...

Kevin,

That isn't "dirty" - I can still see the paint!
Put it behind your T-Maxx and give it a mud blast!

BLiND
2003.05.25, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Mondo
Kevin,

That isn't "dirty" - I can still see the paint!
Put it behind your T-Maxx and give it a mud blast!

heh, dont tempt me.
I've got more in store, this is just a taste because I saw nobody else had submitted ANYTHING so far (except arch2b, but his don't count)

I got it that dirty with about 3 minutes of running, while holding a flashlight, right after my sprinklers went off running at the edge of my grass in the moist dirt ;)

haven't even hit the creek yet....

BitBasher
2003.05.25, 01:50 PM
I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered... Aarrrrgggggh...

wrcracer
2003.05.26, 12:31 PM
mines broken, with no replacement parts in sight....

:(

BLiND
2003.05.26, 12:34 PM
I may just win by default... :rolleyes:

BitBasher
2003.05.26, 12:49 PM
Got mine in but its very "dusty" not very muddy... I have a profound lack of water here in the desert... I need to get some work in with a garden hose now =)

overlandkevin
2003.05.26, 12:59 PM
i broke my left wrist but ill still try to make a effort with my cast on to geta roof rack. When does the contest end? Also are we going to send u our body to put the roof rack on or do we put it on ourselves. I think I can beat that picture. I just need to tear up my track and then water it up to make a nice mud bowl.

Pheewwwww im tired from typing with one hand:o

Kevin

overlandkevin
2003.05.26, 01:53 PM
dirty overland the picture does not give it justice. This thing is durty. I tried ny best with my broken wrist and all. I had to use ny slightly dry track to drive on.

no more linky dont want to give my compettitors the edge.....

Edit: My paps watered down my track for me and I raked it a little and it became a mud bowl..It was soooo much funnnnn.:D

I was gettin roosters of mud when I was gettin stuck. When I crashed it just got dirtier. The whole truck is covered in mud now. I have to clean it up but it was well worth it. Hopefully no one can out dirty me.:D

Kevin

arch2b
2003.05.26, 04:06 PM
wow! happy to see so much interest! i will have the entries posted tonight...i've been out of town for the holiday weekend. please don't do anything too crazy...you don't want to win a roof rack for a $150 paper weight, hehe.

good news for the newcommers...the contest will run to the end of june.

sorry, to keep it even...only still shots will be judged. video's are always welcome! however will have to be hosted off site.

the roof rack will be mailed to the winner, you will be resposible for installing it yourself. (very easy, only 4 tiny holes to drill and can be done by hand)

overlandkevin
2003.05.26, 04:33 PM
hey arch wanna throw in a custom antenna too?:D Or maybe u can give it to 2nd place or something

Just an idea.............

Kevin

arch2b
2003.05.26, 04:55 PM
sure, why not!

i had some fun today, hehe. check me out! (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty)

fun has it's price! see me! (http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album54/IMG_0122.sized.jpg)

overlandkevin
2003.05.26, 05:05 PM
that looks like a load of fun. Does th picture of the overland have to be where u drove it? The place I drove it was basically a mud pit so not much to see there

Looks like u had fun. That is some true mud.

arch2b
2003.05.26, 06:27 PM
no, just where i happened to take mine! personally, i like to take my pictures in 'situe' or in place.

yeah, more mud than dirt! i won't be doing that very often as it will take awhile to clean;) . and i have 2 of them to clean.

Wedginator
2003.05.26, 09:46 PM
that looks fun. I wish i had a overland. Hopefully u guys don't have to spend as much time cleaning up as running in the dirt. :D

arch2b
2003.05.26, 09:58 PM
only when it's dripping when you stop!

Kamen
2003.05.26, 11:11 PM
I should get a entry in the contest but I don't see how I can compete with those "Monster Overlands" :confused: But Its not about winning it about having fun and spending all the $$$ you have even letting your Racer sit so you can spend more $ on the Overland and getting a summer job just to suport your addiction.

Kamen.

arch2b
2003.05.26, 11:12 PM
i don't have a monster ol...

arch2b
2003.05.27, 08:46 AM
2 new entries! you can submit more than one, however don't flood me pictures;) see me! (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty?&page=1)

if you sent yours in and don't see it, please email it again to as a reminder...(to the address mini z gave in the begining, please).

they don't HAVE to be mud covered! (it's just lots of fun that way!) as some members are water defecient;) .

arch2b
2003.05.27, 10:12 PM
2 more entries added! keep them coming!

see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty)

arch2b
2003.05.28, 08:28 PM
several more entries

see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty)

i couldn't avoid cleaning my ol forever...this is what i pulled from the chassis...here (http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album54/Img_0123.sized.jpg)

BLiND
2003.05.29, 12:20 AM
yay, more pictures!

now I know what I have to do to win *chuckle*

overlandkevin
2003.05.29, 03:46 PM
im not posting my finale till the end**

Warnoffroads truck looks like a mountain of dirt collapsed on it but it is kinda weird how the dirt just stays on there while he drives :rolleyes: ;)

Kevin

arch2b
2003.05.29, 04:05 PM
HEHE, i can understand wanting to hold out...it's nice to have new pictures to admire though:D . i for one, am enjoying these!

the pj of warns looks like it drove into quick sand:p i've been scouring the neighborhood for a dirt hill of somekind...done the mud already, hehe (man that was a mess, fun, but a mess).

troll
2003.05.29, 06:23 PM
I don't have an OL yet. Does a speed 300 powered Nikko jeep count? :D

http://mochunk.net/rccars/gfx/jeep/muddy1.jpg

Ok, sorry for wasting your time. Nice stuff guys.

Troll

Kamen
2003.05.29, 07:00 PM
Ok so for this contest is it for in action or coolest "pose"? Also should it be the hole Overland or can I just take off the body and attena and put it in mud?

Just trying to find out how to get the best pics:)

Kamen

arch2b
2003.05.29, 07:37 PM
...more of a "pose" shot. see my examples here (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty) . it could be action...however they are still shots and not video. you don't necessarilly have to "stick it in the mud". not all my examples are "mud shots". just looking for good pictures of members having fun in the great outdoors! it's about having fun...sounds cheesy, but it really is (having fun).

sorry, the nikko jeep doesn't count, but you have until the end of june...

overlandkevin
2003.05.29, 08:52 PM
You could just buy a overland body and stick it in the mud like warnoffroad which looks cool but if there is a car under there that deserves the prize for best mud but I doubt there is a car under there.....................:D

Kevin

BLiND
2003.05.29, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by overlandkevin
You could just buy a overland body and stick it in the mud like warnoffroad which looks cool but if there is a car under there that deserves the prize for best mud but I doubt there is a car under there.....................:D

Kevin

I see an antenna sticking out of the pajero body stuck in the mud, but I dont think he drove it to that spot, there's no tire tracks leading up to it.

overlandkevin
2003.05.29, 09:23 PM
yeaaa but i need more proof. that can just be a twig

brinsley
2003.05.30, 12:26 AM
i think the whole idea is not just mud and more mud and more mud....

i think outdoor shots which prove realistic and nicely composed do stand a chance after all.....and that's what i'm trying to do....but in urban singapore it's kinda hard... :D

arch......your shots of those with lights through the grass is fantastic.......and i particularly like the one with the caption "emerging into the twilight".... :)

i bet you took a lot of time to compose those pictures when taking...... :D

warnoffroad
2003.05.30, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by BLiND
I see an antenna sticking out of the pajero body stuck in the mud, but I dont think he drove it to that spot, there's no tire tracks leading up to it.

Haha no thats not real. I just took that pic for laughs, but that is and antenna sticking out.

warnoffroad
2003.05.30, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by brinsley

i think outdoor shots which prove realistic and nicely composed do stand a chance after all.....and that's what i'm trying to do....but in urban singapore it's kinda hard... :D

arch......your shots of those with lights through the grass is fantastic.......and i particularly like the one with the caption "emerging into the twilight".... :)

But then it wouldnt be called a down and dirty contest

warnoffroad
2003.05.30, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by overlandkevin
im not posting my finale till the end**

Warnoffroads truck looks like a mountain of dirt collapsed on it but it is kinda weird how the dirt just stays on there while he drives :rolleyes: ;)

Kevin
I got it on there from sping tires for about 4 min haha. those tires dig and toss ALOT of dirt and mud. I was standing about 3 feet away from it and got dirty. And as sfor the last one I posted thats what fell off when I droped it from about 8 inches.

arch2b
2003.05.31, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by brinsley

thanks brinsley,
your right...a good picture will show and explain more than the most detailed review. composure of pitcures is very important. if you've seen westf1's album...you can see the time he put into his pictures and it pays off as opposed to (no offense) miniz-fuels album. both have pictures but one says a whole lot more than the other;) . i've haven't had any training or education in photography...just experience...so don't think you have to be an expert to take good pictures!

yeah, it does take time to compose good pictures;) , here (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album54/IMG_0023) is an example of a purposely composed picture! while this one (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album89/IMG_0041) may look like it was too, it's not. i happen to keep my camera with me while i'm running around;) , so i'll be driving it and come to a stop or get stuck and it'll hit me, hey, that would make a good picture:D , so i stop, and often lay on the ground, and take a few pictures. on the average, i have about 10-40 pictures every time i run my cars...yeah, i know i've got issues...but i get to go through my album when i'm bored and see all the fun times i had while running my z's around and share them with the rest of the members here!

mini-z
2003.05.31, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by troll
I don't have an OL yet. Does a speed 300 powered Nikko jeep count? :D
Troll

Is this the same Troll from YourMicro.com? Welcome! :)

troll
2003.06.01, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by mini-z
Is this the same Troll from YourMicro.com? Welcome! :)

Yes, sir, that is I. :)

Well I did get me a Pajero. And I tried to run it in the dirt area out front of the office here. Which is where the super nikko and t3 have flung mighty chunks of mud. but this stock OL just doesn't quite cut it.

So it's not dirty or pretty, but heres a neat looking shot it decided to pose for:

http://www.mochunk.net/rccars/gfx/overland/overland1small.jpg

or hi-rez for an entry if you'd like to download it. http://www.mochunk.net/rccars/gfx/overland/overland1.jpg

If only these were 4wd!

Thanks for looking.

Troll

arch2b
2003.06.01, 02:03 PM
troll, nice pajero! glad to have you here!

another entry...(same as above), see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty?&page=3)

OffroadOverland
2003.06.02, 10:30 AM
i emailed in some pics yesterday morning and not to be rude or anything but is someone just busy or did my email not go through :rolleyes:just wondering

arch2b
2003.06.02, 11:14 AM
sorry, they were not received?!? could you please resend them...also, if you emailed them in sunday morning...most people are busy with their families etc as it is the weekend (please, not to be rude). i look forward to getting and see them!

food for thought....
contrary to thought...there are not people sitting in dimly, flourescent lit cubicles with nothing to do but answer emails, forum messages and manage albums. i think i can safely say that everyone involved with this great forum in whatever capacity (from the owner down to the moderators and other contributors such as myself), have other jobs/responsibilities:D , whom do their best with the time they have. ...thank you for listening to this pubilc service message;) .

OffroadOverland
2003.06.02, 11:32 AM
ok thanks:D so i should resend them or wait?

arch2b
2003.06.02, 12:16 PM
please re send them, downanddirty@mini-zracer.com . thanks;)

OffroadOverland
2003.06.02, 01:12 PM
sent:)

troll
2003.06.02, 01:41 PM
contrary to thought...there are not people sitting in dimly, flourescent lit cubicles with nothing to do but answer emails, forum messages

Speak for yourself!

I happen to be in a dimly flourescent lit cubicle at this moment ;)

Troll

arch2b
2003.06.02, 01:52 PM
:D

HO502cid
2003.06.02, 03:37 PM
Unfortunately I have no decent dirt by my house because all of our flower beds have been covered in "beauty bark." Here is a decent shot... or two from our little dry creek.

HO502cid
2003.06.02, 03:39 PM
One last one...

I will see if I can get some dirty shots soon, my knuckle is glued together with CA right now and it is not too strong of a bond, alloy knuckles are on the way.

ultrawide
2003.06.02, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by HO502cid
Unfortunately I have no decent dirt by my house because all of our flower beds have been covered in "beauty bark." Here is a decent shot... or two from our little dry creek.

You need to take a serious talk with the gardener about that! ;)

BTW - love your "decent" shot's. In the same class like arch2b if I may say so.

//uw

arch2b
2003.06.02, 07:01 PM
very well done! ithey will be uploaded tonight...

noooooooo!?! errors with gallery...pictures will be in as soon as the issues are resolved...

HO502cid
2003.06.02, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ultrawide
You need to take a serious talk with the gardener about that! ;)

BTW - love your "decent" shot's. In the same class like arch2b if I may say so.

//uw

Thanks! As BLiND would say though, my truck looks like a soccer mom SUV... I need to get cracking on my roof rack and other goodies.

arch2b
2003.06.03, 12:11 PM
HO502cid, your entries have been added,
see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty?&page=3) . looking forward to seeing your handy work...(i made a new roof rack for myself...working on a new light bar! can't rest on my laurels...got to take the keep the pressure up, hehe) all will be revealed when my new bodies come in from the group by....or shortly there after...

offroadoverland, could you resend the pictures...there was a hicup if you will with the forum/service yesterday/last night/this morning, but it appears to be working again. (try both email addresses) sorry for the hassle.

OffroadOverland
2003.06.03, 02:05 PM
Heres my entries....finally lol well hope you like

OffroadOverland
2003.06.03, 02:10 PM
more

OffroadOverland
2003.06.03, 02:11 PM
another

OffroadOverland
2003.06.03, 02:12 PM
another....

OffroadOverland
2003.06.03, 02:17 PM
last one

arch2b
2003.06.03, 04:26 PM
more added! see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty?&page=3)

good pictures!

XtremeDareDevil
2003.06.03, 06:08 PM
Here's mine, not muddy, but cool nonetheless.
http://pics.montypics.com/MaxxPunisher/2003-06-03/1054661077_Im000267.jpg

http://pics.montypics.com/MaxxPunisher/2003-06-03/1054661303_Im000269.jpg

arch2b
2003.06.03, 07:01 PM
more entries...keep them coming! see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/view_album.php?page=4) (same as above)

warnoffroad
2003.06.03, 09:45 PM
Those are some great lookin pics. I need to make a better mud pit.

mini-z
2003.06.03, 10:01 PM
Great pics guys!!! After seeing what you're putting these OLs through, I'm thinking we'll have to offer discounted OL ESCs to all that enter! Email us if you need one after your pics! :)

warnoffroad
2003.06.03, 10:55 PM
haha, my pajero will never run the same :( but I had a great time

arch2b
2003.06.03, 10:59 PM
man, i hate to hear people have problems with their ol's. hope nothing fatal...i don't want anyone to break their ol...

HO502cid
2003.06.03, 11:47 PM
man, i hate to hear people have problems with their ol's. hope nothing fatal...i don't want anyone to break their ol...

My servo wire broke again... unfortunately at the PCB this time, just working up the bawls to fix it. On a happy note I found .02 music wire.

Wedginator
2003.06.04, 07:56 AM
y don't u guys just remove the electronics and vital parts when taking the pics? After you take it off roll it whatever mud u want and make it seem like it's been driven there. No one will know;) ;) shhh....:D

BLiND
2003.06.04, 07:57 AM
because the point of this contest is to show what your overland has been driven through, and to get it dirty.

I suppose you cheat on tests at your school too, ehh?

Wedginator
2003.06.04, 11:12 AM
I suppose you cheat on tests at your school too, ehh?

lol.... yea... busted.... email me and i'll tell u the many ways to cheat... lol....

warnoffroad
2003.06.04, 12:17 PM
Are you BLIND, Arch said not to cheat, and that would be cheating. I will admit the pic where the pajero is fully sunk in the dirt was just the body, but I didnt think arch would enter it. I just sent it to him because i thought it was funny.

arch2b
2003.06.04, 12:36 PM
CHEATER.....just kidding;)

i put them all in....i figured if i edited what went in, it could be misconstrued as tampering sort of by deciding what went in....

RCPMini-z
2003.06.05, 03:57 PM
This contest is too easy. Let me see. Should I post some pictures..................why not. Arch2b can you send me a drawing on where to place the holes for the cool roof rack, I don't want to wait until the end of June to drill my OL. If you wait until the end of June to post your pictures, you are only copying those great OL pictures that came before you.

arch2b
2003.06.05, 04:12 PM
confidence is always good;)

can you let me know when you've emailed entries please. there were problems with the email there for a day or two...i want to make sure they all get posted!

i'm lucky they are all backed up on disk...i lost my dakar rally land cruiser album during the server hicup...:(

OffroadOverland
2003.06.06, 06:47 PM
can i enter more than once lol...

arch2b
2003.06.06, 08:52 PM
sure...just don't flood us with pictures;)

arch2b
2003.06.07, 02:30 PM
a few more entries to look at! see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty?&page=4)

HO502cid
2003.06.08, 02:14 AM
a few more entries to look at! see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/view_album.php?page=4)

Umm,
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/mini-zracer.com/html/gallery/classes/User.php on line 90

arch2b
2003.06.08, 08:30 AM
re did the link, it works for me!

HO502cid
2003.06.08, 11:23 AM
re did the link, it works for me!

Yup, works like a charm now.

ultrawide
2003.06.08, 02:08 PM
And there is maybe a winner... Lifted with rooflights in the dark!

Ohh, it's another one from arch2b... ;)

//uw

arch2b
2003.06.12, 09:00 PM
well, no more entries?

Ken Mifune
2003.06.12, 11:32 PM
Nice contest. Great pics.
I wish I had an OL to enter some pics... but then again, I might have gotten accused of cheating again, because of all the Photoshop;)

O/T- What ever happened to the "wallpaper contest". (I vote for one of Chezedog's.)

arch2b
2003.06.13, 02:56 PM
more entries added! see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty?&page=4)

if you've sent pictures in and don't see them in the gallery, please let me know.

MitsuEvoVI
2003.06.15, 02:25 PM
My OL is comming in the mail, I'll make sure I get is really dirty the first day. It should be here the 19th

warnoffroad
2003.06.16, 08:33 PM
Good luck try not to kill it on the first day like most of us:p

arch2b
2003.06.23, 12:08 PM
new entry! see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty?page=5)

warnoffroad
2003.06.23, 12:48 PM
I got a few more pics, but I dont want to flood the contest.

arch2b
2003.06.23, 02:01 PM
well, only 5 more business days (1 week) left. if you want to send them in...i won't object. if you want, you could replace some previous entries....another option. i'm hoping for more entries :) . not that there aren't some good ones already, just more fun stuff to look at!

arch2b
2003.06.24, 05:00 PM
more entries! see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty?page=5) .

arch2b
2003.06.28, 01:25 PM
more pictures! see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty?page=6)

the brush guard looks nice! are those the tires NML has on eb@y? if so, what's your opinion of them? maybe you could post a picture of them in the monster tire guide thread....

warnoffroad
2003.06.28, 01:30 PM
Thanks that brush guard fit like a glove! Yes those are the tires NML had on ebay. I got 2 sets of wide and 2 sets of narrow, for $3 a set. Those fit very nice, I do recomend. But the wide ones only work well with the wide wheels.

arch2b
2003.06.29, 09:40 AM
new pictures! see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty?page=6)

warnoffroad
2003.06.29, 01:37 PM
Looks like we find out who won at mid-night tomorrow right? There are alot of nice pics in the contest. Whos going to judge?

arch2b
2003.06.29, 01:50 PM
the time frame for judging has not been finalized....sorry. it wil be as short as possible though, but unfortunatley, it won't be midnight tomorrow:( (i will be sleeping as the alarm clock goes off at 6am)

yes, there are some really nice pictures! i enjoy veiwig the gallery in slideshow... i'm sure alot of people will retun their trucks to the safety and comfort of the indoors again;) , but hopefully there were some converts:D

warnoffroad
2003.06.29, 07:15 PM
Haha yes it has been fun screwin up my OL, but If I can win that rack it will be well worth it. Seening as how the 200s original gearbox will never be the same :( but oh well its all part of the fun. J/W, does the rack come with the lights?

arch2b
2003.06.30, 08:39 AM
today is the last day to send pictures in! if you've been holding out...make sure you get them in today/tonight!

MitsuEvoVI
2003.06.30, 10:43 AM
I'll wait untill tonight. I just got a light set for my OL.

warnoffroad
2003.06.30, 04:54 PM
Cant wait to see some new pics up!

When will we find out the results? Cant wait to see which one of all these awsome pics is crowned the the nastyest

arch2b
2003.06.30, 05:03 PM
new pictures!;) see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty?page=6) .

which monster tires are those? they look softer than the tamiya or tonka ones.

the clocks ticking...

winner will be announced tuesday (most likely night) as i expect last minute entries and due to my work schedule (which i'm sure everyone here has)...i will not be up till midnight waiting for entries so any submitted after i call it a night and before midnight will be added to the gallery for judging tuesday.

warnoffroad
2003.06.30, 06:46 PM
Do you remember the 'wanna be OL' thread I started a while back about the rock crawler toy. Well that little truck is pretty cool but it was well worth the $20 for those tires. They stick and dig into every thing. They are 1.61"s tall and .70"s wide, putting them at a scaled 45x20" tire :cool: They had a very nice but and somewhat tight fit on the racer wheels , so to get all the extra wheel width I monted the tire onto the wheel then put in another racer wheel ontop of that and they came out perfect. They wont come off the wheels at all I ran the hell out of the OL to (uve seen the pics) and not one problem.

RCPMini-z
2003.06.30, 08:05 PM
I think the forum members have submitted some nice photos of their OL's, but I thought this was a down and DIRTY contest. Some of those trucks look a little too clean to be in this show. Lets see some mud and dirt on those rigs. Most of these trucks we know weren't actually running for the pics, but that's OK, at least make it look like they where! You still have some time to make your OL presentation down and DIRTY.:D

warnoffroad
2003.06.30, 08:27 PM
Haha yes we know its a dirty contest. But the only way to get them all muddy and dirty is if the tires were offset or the OL rolled :(

HO502cid
2003.06.30, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by warnoffroad
Haha yes we know its a dirty contest. But the only way to get them all muddy and dirty is if the tires were offset or the OL rolled :(

Warn's got the best chance out of all of us, with 4 OLs and all. Live the dream my friend! I think I may be getting a second OL in my family but I have to sell my brother's Micro RS4 first.

arch2b
2003.06.30, 10:44 PM
notice to all, i will be adjourning for the night...any entries sent on or before midnight will be added to the gallery tomorrow. if you don't see an entry of yours, please resend it letting me know.

good night and good luck!

warnoffroad
2003.07.01, 12:11 PM
I dont think I should because I have 4 OLs. Really the winner is a guy who has the best spot to run the OL. Without a good patch of dirt or mud it would just be a show and shine contest.

mini-z
2003.07.01, 09:43 PM
And the winner is....

http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/downanddirty/offroadoverland_03

by

offroadoverland

Congratulations! Email shop@ and we'll get your roof rack out to you right away! :D

:cool:

arch2b
2003.07.01, 09:46 PM
i wanted to congratulate all those that entered as well! lots of very nice pictures.

hopefully there were some outdoor converts;)

warnoffroad
2003.07.01, 09:53 PM
:D Congratulations haha I knew that that pic or the one of the front of that OL was gunna win.

BLiND
2003.07.01, 09:57 PM
very deserving entry, great job offroadoverland!

OffroadOverland
2003.07.01, 10:47 PM
oh man! i cant belive i won im so happy lol thanks you guys

OffroadOverland
2003.07.01, 11:00 PM
now i just need an lc body any body have any extras hehe;)

arch2b
2003.07.01, 11:02 PM
DOH!

arch2b
2003.07.01, 11:04 PM
hey, since i got new asc's...my silver lc will just be on display...i'd rather it be useful, if your interested?

OffroadOverland
2003.07.01, 11:28 PM
sure how much

arch2b
2003.07.02, 09:09 PM
it will be mailed tomorrow!

OffroadOverland
2003.07.02, 09:35 PM
thanks! i cant wait!:D

OffroadOverland
2003.07.09, 10:24 AM
anyone know when i should be getting my roof rack i sent the shop@ an e-mail about days ago and i didnt get a reply mini z did you get my message?

mini-z
2003.07.10, 07:14 PM
OffroadOverland, got your message, I apologize for the delay, things are just crazy after getting back from the honeymoom - it'll be in the mail tomorrow! :)

OffroadOverland
2003.07.10, 11:08 PM
ok thanks! no problem at all just wasnt sure if you got my message thanks:D

arch2b
2003.07.13, 05:52 PM
be sure to post some pictures!:D :D