PDA

View Full Version : Pajero & extra wide tires

big-key
2003.05.27, 10:10 PM
I've got a Pajero and some extra wide tires/wheels coming for it. I saw somewhere that you've gotta do some cutting on the wheel wells for the extra wides to fit. Is this true? and if so how much surgery is necessary? :confused:

brinsley
2003.05.30, 01:40 AM
some would be needed for the front steering wheels....for the back it isn't necessary.....

since the pajero is of thicker better plastic....you might want to use a half-round wood file to file it away rather than cut....

hope this helps biggie.....:)

big-key
2003.05.30, 02:54 AM
brinsley,
Thanks for the input. I thought nobody would ever respond to this post, it's been on the boards for a week or so. Yeah, I'll probably do some minor surgery with a file on the front wheels wells when the xtra wides arrive:cool: can't wait:D

okay maybe it seems like it's been posted for a week or so. really it's only been a couple a days, oh well:confused:

Mondo
2003.05.30, 03:22 AM
I was one of the very first Members to try GPM wide wheels on the Pajero (and Land Cruiser)
Here's a Thread relating to the GPM wide wheels and minor Dremel work I had to do:

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7230

bdreeft
2003.05.30, 05:52 AM
yep, mondo is 100% right. the (edit*pajero*) front wheel wells need to be trimmed at the rear a little.

b

warnoffroad
2003.05.30, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Mondo
I was one of the very first Members to try GPM wide wheels on the Pajero (and Land Cruiser)
Here's a Thread relating to the GPM wide wheels and minor Dremel work I had to do:

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7230

You did trim the LC? I hade no such problem, if any thing I think the tires and wheels seemed to be to small. But thats just me.

big-key
2003.05.31, 03:36 AM
Mondo,
Thanks for the link to you previous thread. Those are the same wides that I have coming. They look awesome. Can't wait to get 'em on my Pajero. I like the look of wheels filling out wheel wells on all types of autos (1:1 scale and smaller). Really makes for a sweet ride. I wanted the black alloy wheels, but couldn't wait, so I went ahead and got some silver ones. Thanks again.:D

troll
2003.06.01, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by big-key
Mondo,
Thanks for the link to you previous thread. Those are the same wides that I have coming. They look awesome. Can't wait to get 'em on my Pajero. I like the look of wheels filling out wheel wells on all types of autos (1:1 scale and smaller). Really makes for a sweet ride. I wanted the black alloy wheels, but couldn't wait, so I went ahead and got some silver ones. Thanks again.:D

Please let us know how that turns out. And post pics! I just bought a pajero and want to change some things. Different tires/wheels are for sure. So I'd like to see how they fit and work. Thanks

Actually Mondos thread pretty much covers all of that. But then again we'd still like to see pics! :) Oh and where did you get your stuff from. I'd like to find everything I want in one place and just get it all there, even if it costs a few extra bucks. I have to still dig through the store here, but theres not a lot of pics for stuff and the listings are vague to someone like me who doesn't know the parts well yet.

Troll

troll
2003.06.01, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by akura2
Here's some EXTRA wide tires and wheels on a Pajero... I think they are from an F1

Looks like the image didn't finish uploading.

Troll

akura2
2003.06.01, 02:31 PM
My computer locked before the pic finished downloading... damned wireless!

:)

arch2b
2003.06.01, 03:50 PM
nice racing pajero!

big-key
2003.06.01, 04:05 PM
That's a nice Pajero. Body kit looks awesome, as do the black 5 spokes w/red alloy wheel nuts. Definitely nice. Is it a real OL? How does she run?

Mondo
2003.06.01, 04:08 PM
Those may or may not be F1 wheels on that riced pajero.
The wheels don't represent any style of the BBS/Oz/Fondmetal replica F1 wheels made by Square or Kyosho.

I have a few sets of F1 wheels spare and they just don't fit the Overland.
The front tire and rim is too wide, so the sidewall of the tire rubs against the steering arm. I did make spcers, but then the front axles aren't long enough to facilitate the bearings/spacers and wheel nuts.

The rear wheels are too wide on the inside too, so it's impossible to get one fitted to the diff-side axle. The GPM ball-diff may just change this though - I still have to try it out.

Oh, I do like that Pajero in the pic :)

bdreeft
2003.06.02, 06:32 AM
damn that is dope. what rims and tires are those. the front looks like it will clear and the back looks like it has just enough clearance. just looks a little too tall though(tire diameter). b

Mondo
2003.06.02, 07:17 AM
Bdreeft,

Notice the additional side skirts and skirts on the front of the front bumper?
I like the wing too, that's the most appealing Overland mod I've seen yet.

Mondo
2003.06.02, 07:24 AM
Here's a link to the rest of the ROS-Speed Pajeros

http://www.aw.wakwak.com/~ros-speed/mini_z/garage/minizPAJERO.html

Those are F1 tires, the pics show that clearly, but I wonder what wheels they are using?