PDA

View Full Version : Fake Z on the auction site

PAULANGELO
2003.06.12, 04:51 PM
This just tickes me off. Someone from AUSTRALIA is trying to sell a HEIPO on the e aution site and is listing it for 39.09!! I already sent them a email asking if that was a joke. what a RIPPOFF!. I think everyone should signon and send these pushers of trash a message. thanks fot letting me get that off my chest. I feel much better now.:D

ViperKid
2003.06.12, 05:10 PM
i agree...if they were $5.00 they would be worth the money:D

Wedginator
2003.06.12, 05:37 PM
Where's this auction site? I'd like to send them some BS...

ViperKid
2003.06.12, 05:52 PM
the e aution site

i think he is talking about ebay...i could be wrong

PAULANGELO
2003.06.12, 06:20 PM
Nope you are not wrong, EBAY and the auction goes on for another 9 days!

Draconious
2003.06.12, 07:00 PM
9 days, of course when your making a 800% profit on the things you can afford the extra 10 day auction fee ;)

I still say we need to get a bunch of bogus ebay acounts, un accotiated with our real acounts... and get like 20 ppl to bid 10000$ on each fake mini-z, but not pay for it... call some attention to them, make ebay investigate the dang things... (it wont realy cost the seller anything cuz if you dont pay they just apply to ebay to get their funds back, then your fake acount gets deleted if it looks funky).

PAULANGELO
2003.06.12, 07:37 PM
I think we should bury them with emails. this is what mine said
"You have got to be kidding! heipo is trash and you can get the same car for under 15.00 . Not worth the shipping cost. total garbage. " :p I couldn't believe he would charge so much. looks like he did some detail work on the car but he is ripping people off if they buy it. AND he has the nerve to compare it with a real Z. Photo comparisons and everything:rolleyes: .

Draconious
2003.06.12, 09:51 PM
Well now that I have looked at that auction, I feel its a GOOD THING... its just a "dont buy me, but be warned tehre are fake mini-z on ebay" message... its just a warning to every one NOT to buy the fake pieces of crap out there ;), but put in a way Ebay cant remove it ;) (what ive been wanting to do for a while, but I have no fake clone to make my own photos..) he does need one more photo though.. a comparison shot of the Clone transmitter and the real transmitter, I only recently saw a photo of the two together, and its a RIOT how pathetic the clone is.... see attached photo for a laugh...

Ken Mifune
2003.06.13, 12:22 AM
That HEIPOO tx must be much farther away from the camera.:p

BLiND
2003.06.13, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Draconious
I only recently saw a photo of the two together, and its a RIOT how pathetic the clone is.... see attached photo for a laugh...

wow, I never knew they were that bad, lmao...

Kajoq
2003.06.13, 09:13 AM
Haha, Drac you like that pic don't you?

I took that pic on my bed, side by side. I bought a hei pao for the extra parts and bodies (I knew what I was buying) Man it was so bad. I'd say they're worth the 15 bucks for parts though. No more. When I was testing it out before I ripped apart the chassis, The steering was terrible because the spring inside the wheel that made the contacts was deformed and wouldnt work right... So it would just randomly steer. Dont buy one expecting to drive, buy one to rip apart... Or dont buy one at all

Salvagable parts include:
Bodies
Wheel Nuts (metal!)
a really slow speed motor (might come in handy for something)
Antenna
Battery Clips
Motor Clip
Motor Pod
Rear Diff
8T pinion
Screws
Wheels

Draconious
2003.06.13, 09:26 AM
Slight alteration to your list...

Salvagable parts include:
Bodies -- with modification and if you want to put up with a 90% chance of a bad twisted mold, or a spoiler glued on backwards..

Wheel Nuts (metal!) -- metal is good, but its not a lock nut... these can be aquired for less than 15$ ;).

a really slow speed motor (might come in handy for something) -- maybe good to practice re-winding? if its mabuchi then its the one good thing on the car, but chances are its some other unheard of cheap motor... (look for the mabuchi symbol on the end bell).

Antenna -- umm, most ppl can bend their own wire better then they did to make this antenna...

Battery Clips
Motor Clip
Motor Pod -- these parts might fit the Z, but again bad molds, and from the photos I've seen most of the parts are incomplete, plastic missing from the corners etc (due to the cloneing proccess, and bad molds) they also rarely fit together with each other propperly, and thus might make your rear end crooked...

Rear Diff -- well if its a total copy of the kyosho, in every dimension I guess it wont be too crooked in the rear end... but who wants a gear diff that probly has internal gears with rounded teeth already? :) -- buy a ball diff for the price of the clone...

8T pinion -- thats all? the first clones actualy came with the 6t 7t and 9t as well... :) pinion might be made better if they've made pinions for other cloned toys in the past and already had the machine to do so...

Screws -- well kyoshos screws suck too.. so not so bad here...

Wheels -- most of the clone rims are a copy of the AUDI rims from kyosho, wich even kyoshos Audi Rim mold sucks (worst rim they make, reason the rims are cheaper on tower),.. so how good can a mold made from a bad rim be? :)

ultrawide
2003.06.13, 09:37 AM
...that I'm stupid! ;)

But I want to now if that fake Tx realy work?
Would be perfect for my 5 year old son and
his little hands! =)

//uw

Draconious
2003.06.13, 09:43 AM
It works on the level that its supose to make 2 motors turn in a non wire connected car... however its all on or all off... with both the motor and steering thus no slowing down or turning just a little.... its NOT worth it... based on kajoqs description it dont work with out fixing it first ;).

ultrawide
2003.06.13, 10:05 AM
LoL! Thanx Drac, i guess I'll buy the kid a M3 instead. =)

//uw

ViperKid
2003.06.13, 10:24 AM
i guess I'll buy the kid a M3 instead

yeah that's nice and small:rolleyes: :D

jude26
2003.07.11, 06:26 PM
Questions about these fake mini-z's, If you put a stock kyosho mini-z motor in one, would it make those crapper's any faster? What about if you use other kyosho extra parts that are lying around? Except for the steering, might be able to get these things to be a little more fun?

2003.07.11, 08:18 PM
here isthe only way to make heipoos as fun as a real zs get 1 m80 get another m80 get a third m80 get a fouth m80 while ur at it get 2 heipoos tape 2 m80's in the battery pods of each heipoo wire a long fuse to the m80s so they go off in unison follow instructions on m80 body to create a 1/28 scale car bomb that kills nobody heheblow the heipoo to he!!:D :D :D

wrcracer
2003.07.11, 08:51 PM
come on 379, you drive a truck! run the ****er over!:p

Wedginator
2003.07.11, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by jude26
Questions about these fake mini-z's, If you put a stock kyosho mini-z motor in one, would it make those crapper's any faster? What about if you use other kyosho extra parts that are lying around? Except for the steering, might be able to get these things to be a little more fun?

It's not just the speed... It's the electronics that make the car digital proportional, it's the servo system, and most important, the quality. As you see, clones don't have those attributes, so slappin on some Kyosho parts probably won't make much of a difference...

2003.07.11, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by wrcracer
come on 379, you drive a truck! run the ****er over!:p

i tried that popped a tire somehow maybe bad retread besides i wanna see the parts fly:D (destructive aint i)

wrcracer
2003.07.11, 10:47 PM
BANG! *devious grin*

2003.07.11, 11:51 PM
yup BANG no more heicrap

mini-z racing
2003.07.19, 04:23 PM
Can you use the bodies-wheels-tires?? for the REAL mini-z's??

Paul do you have any of the fake z's?.

PAULANGELO
2003.07.21, 08:41 AM
Yes, with some modifications you can use the bodies. And also Yes :o I have 2 of them. They are not worth the effort to bring to the track. Going to use them with my overland (once my wife gets the hint what I want for my birthday!) to run over (and over, and over and over...)

mini-z racing
2003.07.21, 09:36 AM
How much does a Fake mini-z normally go for? I am not getting one.

arch2b
2003.07.21, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by PAULANGELO
Yes, with some modifications you can use the bodies. And also Yes :o I have 2 of them. They are not worth the effort to bring to the track. Going to use them with my overland (once my wife gets the hint what I want for my birthday!) to run over (and over, and over and over...)

that sounds like a fun idea!

mini-z racing
2003.07.21, 12:54 PM
Yeah now i want to get an overland too. hehe:D