PDA

View Full Version : Ideas

lfisminiz
2003.07.12, 11:08 PM
HI,need some ideas.Have a mid wheelbase chassis,works great on my basement track.Also have a long wheelbase chassis,does not work as well.Tried same setup as mid chassis,tried various different setup,still not right.My problem seems to be rear traction.If i turn wheel to left,graet traction,hard to spin out.If i turn to right,bad traction,car spins out.Got some ideas,what do you guys suggest to change or check?thanks in advance.

msyko
2003.07.13, 12:56 AM
See this all the time at my track, It is caused from the rear end not being level. Try tightening one screw in the H-plate to adjust it, or you might have to add a shim or washer there. If you have just the stock H-plate, you can try to twist it back to level. The rear end must be level to have equal steering on both sides.

Mkhal
2003.07.13, 03:49 AM
I had the same problem. Took some tinkering with to get the right shim for mine. Before fixing, while sitting on a flat surface, my front right wheel wasn't even touching the ground. Getting the right tweak to the rear end made my car turn evenly both directions now.

Dougboy
2003.07.13, 09:30 PM
maybe it's not the tweak. cus some cheap brand carbon fibre h plates dont retrun after a while of using. when it rolls one way, it seems to return only have way and not falt to it's original possition. i find that the stock h plate is the best since it's plastic so it wont have this problem. and it handels the best. problem is that it tends to break often. if ur using a cheap h plate. try a kyosho carbon fiber or stock