PDA

View Full Version : cars and trailers?

Mondo
2003.07.19, 08:22 AM
This is a belated Post, I took this pic for Ken Mifune, as he wanted to see the trailer.

The tow vehicle is an Ovelrand LC - obviously :P

The CLK is one very nasty customer. internally wired TLP Twin Turbo, NML Evader BB motor, spring set, bearings, Kyosho ball-diff, alloy motor mount, CF T-Plate, rear monoshock, front spring set, Z-Speed wheels, alloy front bulkhead, alloy knuckles, toe-in steering bar and a custom painted bodyshell bith a bi-planed rear wing.

The trailer is a Maisto, el-cheapo. No bearings, no motor, but it does have a fold-up tailgate and "bling-bling" chrome hubcaps.

Mondo
2003.07.19, 08:33 AM
Here it is with the tailgate down....

Mondo
2003.07.19, 08:36 AM
The trailer's scale is 1/24. It suits 1/28 fine, here's a pic of a "real" 1/24 small-scale car squeezed on to the trailer.
It's a Porsche 961 - for more info look under the Mini RC Forum

Wedginator
2003.07.19, 10:02 AM
that looks pretty cool... does the car drive up and down the trailer without bottoming out?

Mondo
2003.07.19, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Wedginator
that looks pretty cool... does the car drive up and down the trailer without bottoming out?

Wedge, a good question, you beat Ken Mifune to it too :D

No, the Racer catches where the H-Plate is. This is on the tailgate hinge area.
Needless to say, the Overlands scramble on and off it without a hassle.

When my son was over here on vacation, I would tow the trailer with the Land Cruiser and he would reverse his (white) Pajero off the trailer while it was in motion. This would cause the trailer to uncouple from the Land Cruiser's towhook, made from a Micro RS4 rear shock mount.