PDA

View Full Version : Another Overland happy fun playtime video.

troll
2003.07.23, 09:19 PM
So I was bored at work and messing with my new digicam that takes decent avi's with sound.

Not the best camera work, but when you're alone, what are you gonna do.

2:40 long. Almost 7 megs.

First person to name the music gets a cookie (that goes for my previous vid also).

I would have had more fun with the editing, but good ol' MSWMM likes to crash every time I try to add an effect or add a title or anything. Hooray!

Save early, save often is their motto right?

Enjoy: http://mochunk.net/rccars/gfx/overland/overland1.wmv

Troll

bbc5
2003.07.23, 09:35 PM
is that a deformed computer case? :D
looks like it makes a pretty good ramp!

troll
2003.07.24, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by bbc5
is that a deformed computer case? :D
looks like it makes a pretty good ramp!

It makes a great ramp!

In case anyone missed it. Or doesn't mind the big download, I edited in a few more shots I just took today of some bigger air. Same runtime, similiar size. Directors cut I guess :)

Troll

arch2b
2003.07.25, 05:43 AM
creative use for a computer shell! nice jumps! i see you missed the ramp a few times, but hey, at full speed i'm sure it's easy to do. wish i had sound....

troll
2003.07.25, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by arch2b
creative use for a computer shell! nice jumps! i see you missed the ramp a few times, but hey, at full speed i'm sure it's easy to do. wish i had sound....

Well yeah, at full speed, plus filming by myself, I often wasn't in a great spot to get a good view of the vehicle at all times :)

I'm good at missing ramps, ask anyone who's seen my t3 video ;)

Troll

mini-z racing
2003.07.25, 10:22 PM
That is cool. i want to try it.;)

BLiND
2003.07.26, 07:16 PM
I like the *bang* every time you hit the ramp, lol

n2jeepn
2003.07.30, 06:42 PM
hehehehe...that was very entertaining.

I have to say I am impressed with the overall toughness of the OL, and I am equally impressed with how balanced it is when it jumps.

Very cool.

shortdude
2003.07.30, 10:14 PM
what upgrades do you have, would a stock ol take spills like that?

troll
2003.07.30, 10:20 PM
Well, yes and no. I did break the trailing arm mount, you know, screws into the rear motor pod. Probably from slamming down on the undercarriage so much. That was pretty much stock, with the gpm wide wheels on. I now had only the gpm shocks on, and for some of the vid, the softest springs, and a few other shots the hardest. It almost makes it worse for jumping, it tends to hop back up more and roll a lot. (stiffer, more damping) Plus I haven't had them work well yet, they all return at different rates :(

But yeah, stock will take it, to a point. Oh, I eventually broke the idler gear, but that was long before this. Just tooling around did that. So yeah there is the gpm gear in there as well. That's it.

Troll

shortdude
2003.07.30, 10:25 PM
thanks. i am trying to find the limit i can push it because i don't want to break my ol the first day. also can u pm me the name of that song, i have heard it be4 and loved it but don't know the name of it and i would love to get the cd

troll
2003.09.04, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by shortdude
thanks. i am trying to find the limit i can push it because i don't want to break my ol the first day. also can u pm me the name of that song, i have heard it be4 and loved it but don't know the name of it and i would love to get the cd

The song was Chewbacca by Liquid Tension Experiment.

Troll

stuZ
2003.09.04, 07:36 PM
That looks like a great job, are you guys hiring! ;-)

Jus' kiddin':D