PDA

View Full Version : What to use to get paint off F1 body?

Dutch Mini Racer
2003.08.11, 05:36 AM
Does someone know what i could use best for getting the paint [and stickers] off of my F1 body?. And also what kind of paint i should use.

thnx

RCMotorsport
2003.08.11, 03:33 PM
the best Paint remover I ever used is call scale coat paint stripper
you can find it at a hobby store that deals with a lot of trains, safe and fast.
when I cannot find it I will use ovenoff oven cleaner, oven cleaner takes longer but works well.
spray on the oven cleaner and let sit for 1 hour then scrub with an old tooth brush you will have to do this 3 or more times but it will work.
best to do all the oven cleaner in the sink and leave it there until done it can be messy,
and first check to make sure the f1 is painted and not molded in color, to check to see if it is molded just nic the underside of the body with a hobby knife and see if the color underneath is the same if it is really no need to strip it, just remove the decals and paint.
Hope this helps feel free to e-mail me.
TeamDeath@aol.com

RCMotorsport
one of many alter Ego's

Dutch Mini Racer
2003.08.12, 03:40 AM
thanks RCMotorsport,

For as far as i can see the color is painted on the body not molded. :)

And what kind of paint can I use best to paint the body?

thnx

RCMotorsport
2003.08.13, 12:13 AM
for Spray Paint I am liking the new krylon short cut paint, dries fast looks good and easy to find...
Light coats work best give it 4 to 5 light coats for best results then atleast 2 coats of clear spray.

RCMotorsport
love to paint

Dutch Mini Racer
2003.10.12, 06:19 AM
Could i also use the 'normal' tamiya plastic spray paint??

Grtz

RCMotorsport
2003.10.12, 11:03 AM
Yes Tamiya paint Is really nice paint and will work well, just be sure to test any clear coat that is not tamiya some where that will not show first.

RCMotorsport
Paints with Creativity