PDA

View Full Version : My Initial D Trueno...

Wedginator
2003.08.18, 09:48 PM
I've been searching for this body for over a year and I finally got one. After hearing Kyosho was stopping production of this car a few months back, I thought it was impossble to get one. I was wandering around Pacific Mall; an asian mall that sells all sorts of stuff... anyways, I dropped by the hobby shop which is related to the Toronto Mini-Z Hobby Shop and looked around. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, but there was a Trueno stuffed way far back in the shelves barely in arms reach. I asked the store owner to help me get it out. Surprisingly it was the Initial style Trueno and woot, i was so happy I found one. The price is somewhat higher than the other cars, but considering it's getting rare, I guess it's worth the price.

Anyways, enough talking here are the pics.

I appologize for the poor lighting.

Wedginator
2003.08.18, 09:48 PM

Wedginator
2003.08.18, 09:49 PM

Wedginator
2003.08.18, 09:53 PM
The chassis i'm using is my old chassis. I've upgraded my other Z so much that I had enough parts to make another one. The circuit board was also picked up from the Hobby shop for $20 CND... Yes, $20... why so cheap u ask? It was fried from end to end. The FETs were totalled, antena range shorted, even the steering FETs were messed up. The person who sold it to me was just fed up with fixing it and gave it away for $20. I managed to repair the board 100% with no problems.

Wedginator
2003.08.18, 09:54 PM
Close up:
Toyota Sprinter Trueno.

Wedginator
2003.08.18, 09:54 PM
Close up #2:
Apex Twin Cam 16

Wedginator
2003.08.18, 09:55 PM
Close up #3:
Fujiwara Tofu Shop (Self Use)

Wedginator
2003.08.18, 09:56 PM
Close up #4:
Trueno

Wedginator
2003.08.18, 10:01 PM
And that's it, i'll probably add some better looking pics in my Album later. I'm gonna try to pick up a FC and an FD later before the summer is over. Hopefully i can get another PCB for $20 again.

BTW, I had to spend $50 on the Trueno chassis. Needed to buy some FETs, PCB components, servo case, and antenna. Now I need a stiff CF H-plate. Drifting the car with the stock soft H-plate is very difficult.

If u have any questions feel free to post... O, one more thing, anyone in TO, there's one more Initial D Trueno left in the shop. If i were u i'd run to get it... NOW!!! :p

Dougboy
2003.08.18, 10:38 PM
nice. when u get it? cus i just went to kuramae today afternoon and didn't see it. what time did u go? how much did it cost u?

Wedginator
2003.08.18, 10:40 PM
i went Aug 14th.... ask the shop owner for it.... he has it hidden.... :D cost me $45CND

Dougboy
2003.08.18, 11:34 PM
so i'm assuming u went before 4:15pm right?:p

herman
2003.08.18, 11:45 PM
hey wedge...

all good things come to those who wait.... or are curious enough to look and ask around for something that's in the back shelf of the hobby shop.... hehehe... that looks cool... and what a cool find... i'm glad you were able to get it.... now i wan't one myself... hehehe....:D

p.s.
is it just me or does the car have the tofu shop printed on one side only....:confused:

p.p.s
don't know how for sure though... but a friend got his for h.k.$450... approx u.s.$58... that's what he said... but not too sure...

Cian@work
2003.08.19, 05:41 AM
Nice one wedge, must have felt great to snatch that one!!

Wedginator
2003.08.19, 10:58 AM
Dougboy,

hehe, I really don't know... but probably around that time... was just roaming the malls aimlessly... :D

Herman:

yea, the tofu shop sticker is printed on one side only... just like in the movie/anime...

this car is getting more expensive... as demand for them is getting higher... There's this store that sells plastic models of the Initial D cars, the trueno is always the first to sell out, and they sell out FAST...

Cian@work

thx.... :D :D :D

akura2
2003.08.19, 11:25 AM
What is "WOOT?"

PatTink
2003.08.19, 01:30 PM
are you joking about "what is WOOT". if not i will describe. w00t is used like "yay!" "yippy!" or something to that extent. I think it originated from whooping about something good or favorable. It is comonly used in online gaming. w00t w00t about the trueno. it looks so nice. i would get one if i could only find a good setup for drifting on my wood floors. man that would be fun to race the AE86 vs. the redsun FC or FD.

Wedginator
2003.08.20, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by PatTink
are you joking about "what is WOOT". if not i will describe. w00t is used like "yay!" "yippy!" or something to that extent. I think it originated from whooping about something good or favorable. It is comonly used in online gaming.

true that!! :D

timinater
2003.08.20, 02:50 AM
Item number: 3142778745

look for that on the auction site

only prob is it isnt just a body its the whole readyset::rolleyes:

Yugo DSC Maxxer
2003.08.20, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by timinater
Item number: 3142778745

look for that on the auction site

only prob is it isnt just a body its the whole readyset::rolleyes: