PDA

View Full Version : MR 02 Parts

Slicks
2003.08.25, 07:40 AM
I just saw on d****** where they have several Kyosho and GPM brand parts for the MR02.

Can good people here at MZR provide a time frame when we can purchase the same via your shop?

It looks like GPM has several H plates available - Can anyone explain what the different codes mean? I know that they are for how stiff or soft the plate is - but how do I read the codes? And are any of them regarding the length of the H plate so we can place other bodies on the new MR02 frame?

mailboxck
2003.08.26, 12:44 AM
GPM h-plates' numbers tell you its width and thickness

To reduce roll, GPM has also used this technique in manufacturing h plates. They widen the middle section of the plate to reduce roll and punch holes in them so they wont stiffen up.

The thicker the stiffer and the wider the less the roll. I don't know how to read the part numbers but they're usually written on the labels

Slicks
2003.08.26, 06:56 AM
Mailbox - thanks for your reply.

It appears that all of the plates were the same length - but this is difficult to determine via a picture. None of the pictures displayed the H plates side-by-side.

Another question - has anyone checked to see if the MR01 pcb board and servo electrical components are the same size as the MR02 and will fit that chassis? Kyosho is selling MR02 chassis and servo savers etc... I know that the electronic in the MR02 are much better (we have a red Enzo) - just thought it would be fun to put togethere an MR02 chassis.

SLICKS

arch2b
2003.08.26, 08:10 AM
the mr-02 chassis kits are VERY cheap too! if the mr-01 pcb does indeed fit....i think it will be one of the biggest hop ups for those that don't or can't spring for the enzo.

mailboxck
2003.08.26, 09:05 AM
Yep. The price of the new MR02 doesn't differ much to the old car. But i think some shops are dropping prices quite fast to sell out their old stocks. Hmm...decisions decisions...

I'd rather buy a readyset than put a car together on my own though. Coz it seems to be a bit more convinient for me...plus, our hobby shops here doesn't carry all the parts available for the mini z

Donut
2003.08.26, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Slicks
Mailbox - thanks for your reply.

It appears that all of the plates were the same length - but this is difficult to determine via a picture. None of the pictures displayed the H plates side-by-side.

Another question - has anyone checked to see if the MR01 pcb board and servo electrical components are the same size as the MR02 and will fit that chassis? Kyosho is selling MR02 chassis and servo savers etc... I know that the electronic in the MR02 are much better (we have a red Enzo) - just thought it would be fun to put togethere an MR02 chassis.

SLICKS

Did a little research on that here...
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=9460

timinater
2003.08.26, 03:29 PM
To reduce roll, GPM has also used this technique in manufacturing h plates. They widen the middle section of the plate to reduce roll and punch holes in them so they wont stiffen up.

That sounds suspiciously similar to the o-plates design.

mailboxck
2003.08.26, 08:44 PM
yep...you're right, they're actually just like o plates