PDA

View Full Version : Xanavi Skyline GTR with LEDs installed

Skylineboy
2003.09.03, 09:07 AM
Just put on a set of head and tail lights for my Xanavi Skyline GTR. I didn't know my head lights were blue when I purchase the LED set.... but I think it looks quite cool!

Skylineboy :)

Skylineboy
2003.09.03, 09:09 AM
Another photo showing the tail lights....

arch2b
2003.09.03, 09:15 AM
nice! i'm a sucker for lights;) it looks like you'de have enough room in the lower grille for some fog lights too

Skylineboy
2003.09.03, 09:22 AM
arch2b,

I actually bought some extra LED and was thinking about doing the fog lights....... but there isn't enough room for the LEDs as the wheels will hit them during turning + and I'll have to drill 2 holes on this is nice bodyshell... I don't dare to do it yet!

I'll wait till I bash up the body a bit more before I add the fog lights!

Cian@work
2003.09.03, 09:34 AM
that body has the mounts pre-made, you just have to pop out the dummy leds and stick in the lights. Looks great!

arch2b
2003.09.03, 09:39 AM
fog lights in the lower center grille shouldn't hit anything but the nose clip maybe. you would have to figure a clever way to drill 2 tiny (22-24ga) holes down there that wouldn't hit the nose clip and surface mount the leds right down in there....i think it would look very cool. if you used 3mm, you could surface mount them or 5mm, you would likely have to recess them. you could even try smd or special shape leds

Skylineboy
2003.09.03, 09:49 AM
Cian@work,

I've done exactly what you've said, but if I had to add a set of fog lights underneath the head lights, I'll have to drill holes for them! I've done it on my older Skyline but it has got some clearance issue when the steering is at 45 degree angle. (The wheels knock out the LED wiring!)

arch2b,

Thanks for the advice, I've never thought of adding lights at the position that you mentioned, great idea! I'll give it a go on my older Skyline body soon.

Just a little off topic, does anyone race with their LEDs switched on? (It will make the car highly visible on the track and it might be also very annoying to other racers!)

arch2b
2003.09.03, 10:07 AM
tom thumb's place just had an enduro/le mans race that required the use of lights. read westf1's review on mzr racing (red racing button up top). i've read about some others haveing "night" racing inwhich lights are used. other than that, i would have to guess no as they would drain power from teh batteries or the added weight of an alternate power supply would be a concern for most